what do we stack crit/mastery.haste etc. arcane ty

wondering what is are order of importance

Int > hit (to cap) > mastery > crit(?) > haste(?)

I think thats how it goes. not sure about the crit/haste

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/

Give a man a fish vs. Teach a man to fish

i did some research and found out that crit is actually our worse stat and so i stacked haste and mastery and my dps went up about 9k. hope this helps out.

Deleted
    Intelec > hit until cap > Mastery > Crit > haste

For more info: http://www.noxxic.com/mage/arcane/re...-stat-priority

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally:

Int > Hit to Cap > Mastery > Haste to Softcap* > Crit > More Haste

* - the Softcap is when Heroism + 5% Raid Haste Buff + 4 stacks of Arcane Blast put your Arcane Blast cast time at 1 second. After this point, haste is devalued.
    Last edited by Neganova; 2011-07-26 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Slight rewording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

haste can be more valuable than mastery without 4pc t11,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    haste can be more valuable than mastery without 4pc t11,
    Oh... That's right. Forgot about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    i did some research and found out that crit is actually our worse stat and so i stacked haste and mastery and my dps went up about 9k. hope this helps out.
    Bullshit. There is no way in the world that you would gain 9k dps from changing some stats. Mastery > Crit > Haste. Haste only drains your mana and it also causes you to hit the haste cap way too early. I'm already capped during bloodlust, and that's all I need.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 05:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Oh... That's right. Forgot about that.
    No, it can NOT. Mastery will always be arcanes third greatest stat.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Bullshit. There is no way in the world that you would gain 9k dps from changing some stats. Mastery > Crit > Haste. Haste only drains your mana and it also causes you to hit the haste cap way too early. I'm already capped during bloodlust, and that's all I need.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 05:52 AM ----------

No, it can NOT. Mastery will always be arcanes third greatest stat.
    no, once you drop 4pc t11 bonus haste becomes better until the soft cap and then mastery then crit

10+ Year Old Account
    T11 4Pc
    Int, Hit to cap, Mastery, Haste to softcap, Crit.
    No T11 4Pc(IE T12 2Pc and beyond)
    Int, Hit to cap, Haste to softcap(with current gear you will be mostly going for haste), Mastery, Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Not bullshit i used to do about 14 to 16 k dps and the most that i have done now was 33k dps. i also modified my rotation and i made a macro that i pop at 90 percent mana. mana gem mana potion arc power and mirror image.

Deleted
    A basic rule of thumb for Arcane stat priority is:

INT>HIT(17%)>Haste(13% [the soft caps])>Mastery>crit

but this should not be taken as gosple alot of the time this is going to chage depending on your gear
    sometimes you will find Crit being your best stat other times even after hitting the haste soft cap, haste will still be your best stat
    the only way you can be sure what your stat priority is will be to Sim your gear

@ Luth i think you'll find your 9k increase was moreso down to your modified rotation and use of CD's rather than a bit of reforging ;P

@ Shawaam, haste only drain's your mana ??? and cause's you to hit the cap way too early ?? are you serious ?
    First off the cap will be when your AB0 is 1sec and GCD is 1 sec, no way your doing that without CD's and TW
    Haste does not affect mana, sure you can cast quicker but you use the same amount of mana per cast. in fact its a great benifit
    for us to cast quicker and get through our burn phase asap, the reason we want this quick is so all of our burn phase is happening while
    AP is active
    Without much haste we would burn to say 55% when AP drops off then we have a choice keep AB'ing from 55%-35% with no boost (no mastery and no AP plus gem bonus is gone) or evoc back up to 100% complete waste of mana (wasted mana= wasted DPS)
    or we can have alot of haste and every single AB in our burn is boosted by AP and gem
    one thing to aim for with haste is to have youe burn phase last 15sec only ...

Everybody claiming different stuff. Always the same.

Use rawr or simcraft and find out for yourself. Everything else is bullcrap.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how many incoherent responses there are in this thread. If you have not been reading EJ and if you aren't really sure what you should go for in itemization , stats and so on you should NOT respond giving people false information.

@Saegno, Correct.
    @Luth, reforging some mastery to haste will just drop your dps unless you are not wearing 4pct11. I think you just found out how arcane works and what you should macro together and what to do aka understanding how burnphase/conservephase works.
    @Macamus, probably the only response in this thread that made sense. Just the fact you didn't take into consideration wearing 4pct11.

umm.. ya.. while haste is nice its really not as valuable as people make it out. this is my take on it as a troll mage ( i pop berserking + mana gem+ arcane power+ trinkets) my haste tends to be just fine for burn phases. although zerking is on a 3 min cooldown as opposed to 2, the first burn phase works out pretty well.

raid buffs will add to your haste ( wrath of air totem, mind quickening, boomkin aura) therefore devaluing it.
    this doesnt occur for mastery.. there is currently no raid buff in game that will add directly to mastery
    (int flasks could be considered one but a poor choice at the most)

idealy u want more mastery than crit, and more crit than haste.
    int->mastery->crit->haste
    haste still has some value but it tends to lose out as AB stacks make u cast much faster anyway. plus all of ur gear generally has some haste on it so u get a pretty good amount even with reforging.

General rule of thumb remains what others have said.

Int above all (primary stat).

Secondaries:
    Hit cap yourself.

Do you have T-11 4pc?
    If Yes, Mastery>Crit
    If no, Haste > Mastery > Crit.

People who make comments like "Haste makes you go through your mana more quicker" can generally be ignored. As any single additional AB cast you'll get from Haste will out-weigh any possible bonus from casting less AB with higher mana (common sense math says adding 1 AB is +100% damage (plus whatever mastery bonus) > +mastery bonus).

Yes, soft cap your haste at GCD levels under lust (ignore Berserking since you can stack it separately), and then pursue other stats.

As always - sim your toon to find out your particular stat weighting, as there are gearing levels that make the simplistic T11 4pc delineation somewhat worthless.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!