Poll: Wich part should I play?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So, wich Final Fantasy to play..

Been re-playing some PS1 games recently and I just got back into my "Must play that game again" phase.

Although right now, I can't decide between FF8 & FF9, both games I really love.

So the question is, Final Fantasy 8 or Final Fantasy 9?

Deleted
    Final Fantasy 9 definately, great storyline, great music and an awesome villain (Kuja)

NONE nuff said

6-9 + 10

10chars
    i <3 u

10+ Year Old Account
    Play 9, it's decent, 8 is an abomination.

Deleted
    9, i found 8 not as good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manikrage View Post
    NONE nuff said
    Just the sort of reply I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro
    Play 9, it's decent, 8 is an abomination.
    I disagree, while 8 lacked in other parts, the story (Atleast for me) was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini
    Final Fantasy 9 definately, great storyline, great music and an awesome villain (Kuja)
    Yeah FF9 is amazing, though for me so is 8. There's my block :P

Deleted
    I loved 7, 8 and 9, so i advise any of those.

Just stay away of that thing that they called Final Fantasy 13, it's the only final fantasy that i just can't play to the end due to boredom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    I loved 7, 8 and 9, so i advise any of those.

Just stay away of that thing that they called Final Fantasy 13, it's the only final fantasy that i just can't play to the end due to boredom.
    Too late with that

Allready bought & finished FF13 - Those are hours i'll never get back.

8 sucks....an rpg where you don't need to level up is crap.....AAAND stacking 99 spell for junctioning to one single stat is way too time consuming and retarded

if you can put the and on ps1 remake of the 6, it's a really, really, really good game... i'd say go for the 9 AND the 7
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    Too late with that

Allready bought & finished FF13 - Those are hours i'll never get back.
    I feel sorry for you then.

Definitely neither. FF7/10 were far better. Even FF6 was pretty win. Gogogogo old school FFs.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nthpower View Post
    8 sucks....an rpg where you don't need to level up is crap.....AAAND stacking 99 spell for junctioning to one single stat is way too time consuming and retarded

if you can put the and on ps1 remake of the 6, it's a really, really, really good game... i'd say go for the 9 AND the 7
    6 wasn't bad, but not one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambard
    Definitely neither. FF7/10 were far better. Even FF6 was pretty win. Gogogogo old school FFs.
    Personal preferences I geuss. I enjoyed every Final Fantasy so far except 13.

I understand why people can say Final Fantasy 8 is bad but like I said, personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    So, 9?:P
    Last edited by mmocf1b4723011; 2011-07-24 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play them in order?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Just play them in order?
    I would do that but when I play through a game I tend to do it with a as good as possible playthrough, not rushing through the game but literally doing all sidequests & the other stuff wich in some games can be very time consuming.

That's why i'm trying to decide on what game I should do first.

Deleted
    All of them?

I just bought today FF5 and FF6 from PSN. Started with FF5 and after I finish it ill re-play FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9 and probably FF13. FFX is one of my fav but care to dig up PS2.

Btw I hate FF12 more so than FF13. All characters in FF12 and the story is just boring. The world in FF12 is big and nice tho. Didnt like the gambits either as I did set it up so I didnt have to do anything even on the last boss lol.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2011-07-24 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torticoli View Post
    FF VIII is darker and has a more mature and interesting story. Also, Ultimecia is Rinoa for God's sake, how can anyone not see this ?! The combat system isn't awesome though, it has pretty big flaws.

FF IX has an ambiguous story, very fairytale-ish and naive at times, but pretty deep at others. The combat system is a bit better, but fights are way too slow.

Overall, I'm afraid FF VII is a better game than both of these, but hey, if you don't want to play it, I'd say go for VIII.
    Not sure what you been smoking there to come to that conclusion.

Anyways I vote 8, it's kinda different from other FFs because of the junction system, I personally played 9 to death but it would by my close second. I would replay all of them...

I also don't see why there's so much hate for FFXIII, ok... maybe not the best but certainly not that of a bad game. I actually found the combat and Paradigms fun, the story was okish. I would have loved a more interesting classes though and ability to control my party members.
    Last edited by Talorh; 2011-07-24 at 08:33 PM.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torticoli View Post
    FF VIII is darker and has a more mature and interesting story. Also, Ultimecia is Rinoa for God's sake, how can anyone not see this ?! The combat system isn't awesome though, it has pretty big flaws.

FF IX has an ambiguous story, very fairytale-ish and naive at times, but pretty deep at others. The combat system is a bit better, but fights are way too slow.

Overall, I'm afraid FF VII is a better game than both of these, but hey, if you don't want to play it, I'd say go for VIII.
    The only side of 8 that I found more mature was the art design, the dialogue compared to 9 is really childish and I actually cringed at some of it.

But then again, after watching Spoony rip it to pieces I can never look at 8 the same way again