Deleted

Heartsong >< Power Torrent

Hey guys..
    Here goes my question..

- What enchant would you prefer as a Rshaman.?

I am currently at 103k mana unbuffed, but I still seem to get into mana problems.

- Kerok

EDIT: My question is based on PvP
    Last edited by mmoca1288bb724; 2011-07-25 at 09:29 PM.

Heartsong for your raid, power torrent for you.
    Also 10m i'd advise torrent straight up since less healers to give mana to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    These are PvP forums.

On my Resto Sham, I use Heartsong. It's just my preference.

If you are asking personal preference, then its just that, personal preference.

If you are asking what high rated players do
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3

Deleted
    Wh...

What?

Also, every high rated shaman is using Power Torrent. If you think your throughput's fine without it, though, by all means use Heartsong, it's down to personal preference, really, but I can't really see how a shaman can go oom, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Wh...

What?

Also, every high rated shaman is using Power Torrent. If you think your throughput's fine without it, though, by all means use Heartsong, it's down to personal preference, really, but I can't really see how a shaman can go oom, so yeah.
    Actually, I've seen more high rated shamans using heartsong than power torrent, although, it's close to being about evenly used.

heartsong. the spirit proc for a healer is mostly better than power torrent's proc.

also, telling us your current amount of mana isn't going to help that much. tell us your spirit/crit/haste/mastery amounts or perhaps a link to your armory.

and are you refreshing water shield and have mana spring down most of the time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if the question was pve based, you do understand that mana tide (assuming that's why you say heartsong for the raid) doesn't benefit from any spirit procs you get from anything right? That includes trinkets, potions, darkweave, and heartsong procs. Otherwise a shaman could wait for the heavens to align and every single caster in their 10 man would have full mana.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Wh...

What?

Actually its almost split down the middle between the two enchants. Its a matter of personal preference compounded by personal need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Actually, I've seen more high rated shamans using heartsong than power torrent, although, it's close to being about evenly used.
    Likely depends on what region you play on as well, then.

Out of 14 european shamans (the top rated of each one of the 14 BGs) only 3 wear Heartsong. I remember looking into it last season, too, before deciding what to use on my shaman, and remember Power Torrent dominating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. On BG9 US, the top 5 teams all have shams, 3 using Heartsong, 2 using Power Torrent. So it really won't hold you back if you use one over the other. It's definitely all preference.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Even if the question was pve based, you do understand that mana tide (assuming that's why you say heartsong for the raid) doesn't benefit from any spirit procs you get from anything right? That includes trinkets, potions, darkweave, and heartsong procs. Otherwise a shaman could wait for the heavens to align and every single caster in their 10 man would have full mana.
    Heartsong procs effect Mana tide.
    Also tsunami spirit, Maloriak jar trinket stacks.
    Other short term procs dont work.

i prefer heartsong on all my toons minus my priest because it has a 60%+ uptime. its a matter of preferance really though, since mana has become less of an issue as time progressed.

I use Heart Song as I don't want to rely on Power torrent procs, The way I see it is the extra regen from heartsong will always be more beneficial than random torrent procs that I cannot control.

In PvE it's power torrent all the way, PvP I love my regen from heartsong.