League of Legends info

This is a general information thread. the other threads are more social networking and assume that folks know the game to start! Here's a guide/overview!

So I love me some WoW, but often you can invigorate your spirits by diversifying a bit. I found that slamming my head against BGs with derpy derps and bots was taxing on my brains and not on my skills. Arenas are fun when your team is around, but sometimes you want to be able to just solo-queue for some pvp either casual or cutting-edge.

My Guildies got me into League of Legends as a casual fun thing to do before raids or afterwards when we just wanted to poke around and I am highly impressed. As a direct clone of Defense of the Ancients ie DOTA (The Blizzard W3 map, then gone independent), League of Legends gives you a team of 3 or 5 people who pilot individual heroes with 4 abilities across a map towards your opposing team's structures. When you bust them down, you win!

League of Legends is FREE to play and has no statistic-altering micro-transactions. There are 75+ Champions (characters) to play as, and every week a new 10 are enabled for free. You can enable/purchase new champions with the rewards gotten from completing games (win or loss) or you can purchase that currency with Cold Hard Cash. This means that micro-transactions can substitute time investment, but for the thrifty gamer, you are not at any disadvantage by simply playing the game!

Later on, for the more hardcore minded such as myself, there are runes you can purchase, which function somewhat like Gems in WoW, but apply to all characters you choose and can be respec'd before any game for free. There are also Mastery/Talent trees you can diversify greatly in, providing a niche for the innovating gamer who likes playing obscure non-cookie-cutter options. The Talent Calculator is identical to Pre-Cata Talents where you can mix and match in 3 trees all you want for maximum potential for creativity!

Lastly, there is an entire-PvE game if you're not for fighting against people always. While the majority of the game is oriented towards the 5v5 PvP game, there is a Player vs AI option that pits 5 players up against 5 Computer bots of easy or advanced difficulty. These games are fun and let you explore new champions and ideas without the pressure of player thinking. At the same time, the computers can play hard too, and will give you a run for your money if given too much slack!

Check it out! I advise getting to level 6-7 before giving the game an ultimatum. At that point you have most of the summoner spells (Spells you can give any champion based on your account's xp gain) and really enjoy the game to its maximum.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/ Is the website

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com Is where to signup

Friend me, my name is Kareed. I'll gladly play anytime I'm on! =D
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-07-26 at 06:28 PM.

You should remove the referral link before the thread gets locked. Referral links are not allowed.

Otherwise a good overview of the game for people that may not be familiar with it
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Don't post referral links.

2. Did you miss the gigantic 54-page thread on League of Legends?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right