Deleted

Is it allowed to...

is it allowed to use mass-invite addons? (to invite a lot of people to your guild)

Deleted
    It is not against the terms, as long as you do not harras people with it.

But if you would invite my character with it, I would make sure to get your adress, rip your limbs off and beat you to death with them.
    And that's how most of my fellow players feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    It is not against the terms, as long as you do not harras people with it.

But if you would invite my character with it, I would make sure to get your adress, rip your limbs off and beat you to death with them.
    And that's how most of my fellow players feel...
    You're just an angry person. Most people don't feel that way that I know.

It's completely within the rules. There are a few addons that invite 'all members rank x and above' - they're particularly useful for raiding guilds. Every guild I've ever been in uses them. Most of them have a functionality that you whisper the RL / Raid assists a certain world (typically invite, but it's changable) to get invited to the raid. It is super nice when you are sitting and want to do a daily or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    No add-on can perform an action that is not permissible within the game. The Lua extensions for add-ons doesn't allow it. With that said, if your add-on repeatedly targets people who don't want to be bothered by it you can be actioned for harassment.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Deleted
    No Clefairy, you misread his post. It's not about inviting members IN the guild (to a raidgroup, for example) but inviting new members TO the guild.

You know. When you make a character, the first thing you see after watching the introductionairy cinematic is a bombardement of:
    <<YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO JOIN GUILD XXXXXX>>

10+ Year Old Account
    It's extremely rude and annoying. Unsolicited guild invites, especially if I get more than one after a polite 'no thank you, I will find a guild on my own', will earn you a spot on my ignore list. If this happens on more than one alt, it'll get you reported for harassment.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    It's extremely rude and annoying. Unsolicited guild invites, especially if I get more than one after a polite 'no thank you, I will find a guild on my own', will earn you a spot on my ignore list. If this happens on more than one alt, it'll get you reported for harassment.
    People don't know who your alts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    They probably shouldn't spam everyone with it then, now should they?

Once a guild spams recruitment, then that's another guild to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone wants an ez gold maker...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clefairy View Post
    You're just an angry person. Most people don't feel that way that I know.
    Most people DO feel that way. It's certainly rude to invite someone to either a group or a guild without asking them 1st if they want to.
    I myself flip out whenever someone invites me to a group without asking me 1st. (exception: friends and guildies)
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

I always assume someone miss-clicked inspect when I get invited to a group, I used to make that mistake a lot myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I always assume someone miss-clicked inspect when I get invited to a group, I used to make that mistake a lot myself
    Not when you shift+click and see they are a lvl 2 in Azuremyst, or a 55 DK in the Scarlet Enclave :P
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

I don't think it's against the rules, but I personally never, ever accept a random guild invite. In my experience, those guilds are always filled with idiots who can't play competently to save their souls.

Deleted
    I hate being spammed by people on my alts i dont want to be in a guild for personal reasons and 3 occations now ive been spammed by the same 3 diffrent guilds and the same people so i reported and ignored them.. damn spammers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Point is, if you mass-spam the same person more than once, and you make a habitual pattern of doing it again after being told no thanks I'm not interested... a pattern of behavior emerges. If it's clear that you have a pattern of ignoring anyone, whether it's the same player's alt or a new player entirely, who has already specifically said said 'no thanks' and then repeat-spamming them, you deserve to be smacked down for it.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.