Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need some Old God info.

I've been informed. Thank you.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2011-07-27 at 06:56 PM.

Those "ideals" of the old gods pretty much comprise "Chaos, darkness, dark chaos and some chaotic darkness for variety", why oh why would the titans object against that? i wonder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Those "ideals" of the old gods pretty much comprise "Chaos, darkness, dark chaos and some chaotic darkness for variety", why oh why would the titans object against that? i wonder...
    But some societies work within those boundaries. It can be seen as barbaric but it can WORK. If that's all that can be offered me than I'm going to end up thinking that the Titans are closed-minded control freaks with serious entitlement issues.

The Old Gods were hostile to the Titans first. When the Titans originally arrived on Azeroth, they were aggressively met by the minions of the Old Gods.
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello OP, here's a thread that has a lot of info and theories, pretty sure you'll enjoy it
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iled-Analaysis
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    Hello OP, here's a thread that has a lot of info and theories, pretty sure you'll enjoy it
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iled-Analaysis
    AWESOME. You are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    The Old Gods were hostile to the Titans first. When the Titans originally arrived on Azeroth, they were aggressively met by the minions of the Old Gods.
    The Titans were invading aliens, I'd be hostile too.

The old god prefer chaos, the Titans set out to spread order in the universe. What's the confusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    The old god prefer chaos, the Titans set out to spread order in the universe. What's the confusion?
    So the Titans do have a complex and their presence on Azeroth is nothing short of inter-galactic war set on conforming all planets capable of life to their standards?

Because they wanted chaos and the world to be on fire and all this other dark, but cool shit. The titans came and were like, yo old G's we want order and shit, so gtfo.

The Old Gods were like, hell no man we like chaos and other bad shit. we're hardcore. So the titans couldn't kill them cuz they were so strong, they just locked them up and through away the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    So the Titans do have a complex and their presence on Azeroth is nothing short of inter-galactic war set on conforming all planets capable of life to their standards?
    Basically yeah. They think chaos should be replaced with order and they would go out of their way to stomp out anyone that resisted that. Whether you think that's good or bad is subjective.

1. The Old Gods don't "ally" with anyone unless it will somehow facilitate their goals of absolute chaos. The Old Gods are only content when there is absolutely no order what-so-ever. They are in no way trying to stop the demons from returning, because, if they did, it would result in utter chaos. In fact, the Old Gods were trying to help the Highborne open the portal to the well so they could use it themselves to break free of their prison.

2. The Emerald Dream is what Azeroth would have looked like without the shaping of the mortal races, in essence, it is what it looked like immediately after being originated by the Titans. The Old Gods definitely do not want Azeroth to look like the Emerald Dream, in fact, they want it to look as far from it as possible (picture the Azeroth covered in flames in the Dragonwrath cutscene).

3. They have always only believed in chaos. Old tales say that, before the Titans arrived on Azeroth, it was basically a big battleground of the elementals fighting one another. Wowpedia says this:
    The dark entities had ruled over a bloody chaos of which even the demon Lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine. They had ruled over the primal plane until the coming of the world’s creators.

This is not a case of aliens coming upon a world and destroying its inhabitants similar to the first European settlers coming to America (it didn't turn out well for the Native Americans). It is more like good vs evil, the Old Gods relished in pain and suffering, they were/are quite horrendous beings, the Titans believe in order and compassion so they destroyed the Old Gods, which allowed Azeroth to flourish and live up to its potential.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-07-27 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically yeah. They think chaos should be replaced with order and they would go out of their way to stomp out anyone that resisted that. Whether you think that's good or bad is subjective.
    Well ... it FEELS bad to me because from all their "good intentions" have come such an amazing amount of destruction to Azeroth. Are the Titans really trying to do what's best or are they over-compensating?

---------- Post added 2011-07-27 at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    1. The Old Gods don't "ally" with anyone unless it will somehow facilitate their goals of absolute chaos. The Old Gods are only content when there is absolutely no order what-so-ever. They are in no way trying to stop the demons from returning, because, if they did, it would result in utter chaos. In fact, the Old Gods were trying to help the Highborne open the portal to the well so they could use it themselves to break free of their prison.

2. The Emerald Dream is what Azeroth would have looked like without the shaping of the mortal races, in essence, it is what it looked like immediately after being originated by the Titans. The Old Gods definitely do not want Azeroth to look like the Emerald Dream, in fact, they want it to look as far from it as possible (picture the Azeroth covered in flames in the Dragonwrath cutscene).

3. They have always only believed in chaos. Old tales say that, before the Titans arrived on Azeroth, it was basically a big battleground of the elementals fighting one another. Wowpedia says this:

This is not a case of the first European settlers coming to America (it didn't turn out well for the Native Americans).
    I didn't say ... Where did you get Native Americans out of this.

My point is that this was THEIR world, what makes the Titans so great and so righteous that they can take an entire planet and twist it into their private vision or experiment? Sure the Old Gods are messed the hell up, but did the Titans really do anyone any favours by creating more intelligent lifeforms for their own devices to allow further chaos to be set in motion on the singular motivation of revenge?

Well ... it FEELS bad to me because from all their "good intentions" have come such an amazing amount of destruction to Azeroth. Are the Titans really trying to do what's best or are they over-compensating?
    Well considering Azeroth was a cesspool of destruction and war with no life on it other than elementals fighting non stop for the pleasure of the old gods. I'd call it an improvement personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering Azeroth was a cesspool of destruction and war with no life on it other that elementals fighting non stop for the pleasure of the old gods. I'd call it an improvement personally.
    Yup ... except becoming an experimental playground for super-powered beings with a huge self-destruct button, totally cool. At least the Old Gods were up front about being terrible, if they really are, the Titans feel incredibly manipulative and subversive to me.

Ohh, so we're dealing with Norse mythology here?

Yep
    Many video games, especially RPG and strategies, are based on or inspired by Norse mythology, and feature certain elements of it. Examples of games influenced by Norse mythology include Final Fantasy, Max Payne, Alan Wake, Too Human, Age of Conan, Age Of Mythology, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm,

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

Yep
    Everytime I see Norse Mythology in some way incorporated into the things I love, I get really excited. Norse mythology is by far one of the most interesting of the mythologies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Everytime I see Norse Mythology in some way incorporated into the things I love, I get really excited. Norse mythology is by far one of the most interesting of the mythologies.
    You realize norse mythology was totally made up by some random guy several hundred years later right?

space traveling beings invading a planet to impose upon it their own definition of order?
    This sound like United States in middle East LOL
    Last edited by Mort4; 2011-07-27 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

Yep
    I've always been pretty sure Ragnaros comes from Ragnarok. Mimiron comes from Mimir, and Freya was a Norse diety (I think. Maybe it's name was Freyja. Actually, weren't they both deities? Ah, so rusty.).

That's all I can get from the top of my head.

EDIT: Valkyries were Norse, weren't they?
    Last edited by Neganova; 2011-07-27 at 05:07 PM. Reason: More Norse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Yup ... except becoming an experimental playground for super-powered beings with a huge self-destruct button, totally cool. At least the Old Gods were up front about being terrible, if they really are, the Titans feel incredibly manipulative and subversive to me.
    Yeah I can see where you're coming from, they aren't perfect that's for sure. They're responsible for gnomes after all.