Thread: RMP Mage damage

RMP Mage damage

So a mage friend and I recently started playing RMP after a long break since season eight. Thing is, I (sub rogue) have been consistently putting out significantly more damage than him. In general he is only doing about 3/4ths my damage. Now I realize damage isn't the most important thing in arena, but from what I recall in wrath, I usually did about 4/5ths the mage's damage. We were wondering if it was simply a game dynamics change, or if my mage is a bit lacking on damage.

mage should always do more in games where he isnt trained start to finish
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

make sure hes stacking mastery and you guys should be able to global someone in a shatter/smokebomb

Deleted
    I'm not an expert here, but on overall damage done I can see you beating him against comps that train him the whole game.

In RMP the mage is the main damage dealer, but that should be in situations like a shatter in a smokebomb etc. i.e. when it counts.

That said, maybe he should be doing more damage overall as well. I don't know.

Considering equal skill and gear, mage should do more damage if he isn't trained the whole time, and less damage if he is trained the whole time.
    Most teams will train your mage so it's probably normal.
    A free-casting mage is one of the most dangerous classes so most teams won't allow that situation to occur often, so they'll keep the mage busy / mostly on the defense, interrupt/avoid his shatters and polys, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues do more damage overall as someone said, mages does his/her damage in the shatters where you usually get the kills.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

yeah mage damage are ridiculously low right now, i wish they would buff it by another 20% or smth

oh and mastery currently isn't even a valid option, it got nerfed in 4.0.6 (hotfix), this stat is garbage for frost mages at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol View Post
    yeah mage damage are ridiculously low right now, i wish they would buff it by another 20% or smth

oh and mastery currently isn't even a valid option, it got nerfed in 4.0.6 (hotfix), this stat is garbage for frost mages at the moment
    Have you pvped as a Mage recently? Mastery Mage burst is on par with spriest burst, while having more control. Their damage is lower when they have to play defensive, but it is still fairly good and leaves their teammate open.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    mage should always do more in games where he isnt trained start to finish
    So no games? Its sad how powerful mages are when casting, its more of a curse than anything.

Haha, l2p.

you can barely do 50k every 30 sec thanks to deep freeze while rogues and warriors do much more with backstab and mortal strike that do not have a long cooldown

also mage have awful surviability u cant do anything when you re getting trained, at least warlocks can port, shadowpriest can shield themselves or use dispersion, hunters can deterrence, etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    you can barely do 50k every 30 sec thanks to deep freeze while rogues and warriors do much more with backstab and mortal strike that do not have a long cooldown

also mage have awful surviability u cant do anything when you re getting trained, at least warlocks can port, shadowpriest can shield themselves or use dispersion, hunters can deterrence, etc..
    Nova/CoC/Pet Nova + Spam Icelance = win, but yeah you are pretty much GCD capped keeping up barriers/shield/nova etc

Mage damage is awesome atm (mastery nerf inc lol), if you let one freecast with Cd's up a mage is bound to kill something.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

I was going to try trolling harder but it looks like I'm still far from being as good at doing it as mages are on AJ :/

However, I doubt they'll ever nerf mages, this class has never been bad in arena, and I can't see it being nerfed anytime soon, as they seem to focus on feral druids being overpowered (while this is true, I think frost mage's current state is at least as pathetic/retarded as feral druid's) in a pvp environment.

Deleted
    I was going to try trolling harder but it looks like I'm still far from being as good at doing it as mages are on AJ :/

However, I doubt they'll ever nerf mages, this class has never been bad in arena, and I can't see it being nerfed anytime soon, as they seem to focus on feral druids being overpowered (while this is true, I think frost mage's current state is at least as pathetic/retarded as feral druid's) in a pvp environment.
    Tbh that trolling was outright awful.

Ye but if you do it too hard so that it is actually hilarious, then it's obvious it's fake.

Wanted it to look real and kinda did it well imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage in 3's has to cc a lot, your win depends on it, and only apply damage when it is needed.

And no, the class itself has tons of damage in all 3 specs.

10+ Year Old Account

A.) Why?
    B.) Why openly admit it?

Don't troll. Consider this a warning. Now you're on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    A.) Why?
    Because I'm sick of frost mages + i thought it would be funny acting like i'm a mage
    B.) Why openly admit it?
    because it wasn't funny anymore

Don't troll. Consider this a warning. Now you're on my list.
    ^^
    Last edited by Dayn9; 2011-07-28 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo