Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    zomfg retarded blizz, grap proovs that dks have bad deeps. plz fix our problem and gief us buffs. blue reply on this plz!!!!!1
    where to begin...

1. the only subpar dps spec was unholy, and they did buff unholy in 4.2, notice how the line goes up.

2. blizz doesn't balance the game around what the 100 best cases ever in the history of the world accomplished

3. gl getting a blue response on mmo-champ lawl

odds are your prolly just trolling but i know there are people out there who actually believe this shit, so there you go.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    They also went back on that a long time ago. There is no hybrid tax. Blizzard realized how utterly stupid that would be because no one would bring a hybrid DPS to a progression raid.
    So in this case it is utterly stupid to bring a pure DPS (this does not count for mages or locks) class to a raid ...

Nice data to shove down the throats of PvP QQers calling feral damage overpowered. If anything it needs buffs. lol.. but thanks to pvp morons it will always dangle at the middle-bottom wile being the most difficult to master as well..

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    Nothing is wrong with him - i can understand his point. Shaman and Paladins are a hybrid class - Blizzard in the past stated that hybrid classes should be 3%-5% lower in DPS as pure DPS classes. I exchanged versatility for DPS by choosing a pure DPS class. If i could i would roll a hybrid but 6 years playing rogue that attached me to my class.

3 hybrid classes performing way better as rogues and that's sad.
    I logged in just to stop you right their. Blizz went back on that a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. You can stop this stupid little fantasy you got in your head that your rogue should be topping hybrids.

What healing is a Ret Paladin, Feral Druid, Enchancment Shaman going to do in a 25 man heroic raid? None.
    How long is a Ret Paladin or a Frost DK going to tank a 25 Heroic boss? A lot less than a rogue can with Evasion

The utility that hybrid classes bring is nothing anymore except for CC. The ONLY thing that matters if your DPS is DPS. Rogues have fare far utility than most hybrid classes in 25 man raids, so by your incredibly stupid logic they should have less DPS than a Ret Paladin.

Stop spreading this retarded bullshit propaganda that Blizz wants hybrids to be lower than non hybrids because they changed their mind on that before WotLK. Nobody believes you except for yourself and you sound like a stupid asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    If the numbers in the chart look a little odd from experience, it's because the logs it's based on include all the gimmicky AoE fights. Here's a chart from Heroic Baleroc, a single-target fight where the numbers will make a lot more sense to most people. Since only the top few guilds have contributed H-Baleroc parses, the numbers should also be free of the "derp" factor.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Baleroc/2...default/#3vvvv

Arcane 31354
    Marks 30684
    Fury 29770
    Sub 29452
    Combat 29379
    Assassin 28794
    Affl 28779
    Ele 27680
    Feral 27650
    Enh 27620
    Surv 27659
    Balance 27524
    Shadow 27501
    Frost DK 27479
    Demo 27099
    Unholy 26739
    Arms 26873
    Ret 26255
    Destro 25832

Other specs do not appear in the top 100 H-Baleroc parses.
    That list makes a good bit more sense, classes with shitty movement, or target switching, slightly outperform the rest on a patchwerk fight, with everyone else pretty much equal. 8% variance between specs is pretty rock solid balance.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

So in this case it is utterly stupid to bring a pure DPS (this does not count for mages or locks) class to a raid ...
    Seriously shut up bro. Your not winning any arguments. Tell me how much healing Enhancement Shamans and Ret Paladins do in 25 man raids. Please tell me. How much tanking do Fury warriors do? I guarantee you wont reply.

What utility do these hybrid classes have that pure dps classes dont? Answer me, or delete you mmo-champion account.

Deleted
    Strangely enough the graph does not show Frost mages, when I went to check it out it was quite surprising:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/#3vvvv
    11k dps! They are either severely under-represented or they must be severely bugged

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    To my knowledge the wep was 3.5 on the PTR but somehow made it to live with bugged tooltip. It still acted as a 3.5 speed with lower DMG than 3.8 etc. So people who have it already won't really notice DPS change.

That's pretty much all there is to it.
    I never played PTR, I bought this weapon for quite a bit of gold under the assumption that tooltip wouldn't be bugged. It turns out it's actually now a slight loss to use it, I feel fairly cheated tbh.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    Nice data to shove down the throats of PvP QQers calling feral damage overpowered. If anything it needs buffs. lol.. but thanks to pvp morons it will always dangle at the middle-bottom wile being the most difficult to master as well..
    Oh, I'm sorry mr 12 year old kid, too bad the game isn't made for your ego, right?
    You dont play wow alone, so respect people who don't like pve.

So, destruction sucks in PvE, Destruction sucks in PvP, is it now that a buff will finally come? What is blizzard's excuse?

Deleted
    *Of course* it is. That's why you never see anyone, particularily top guilds who are most aware of the optimal raid compositions, bring any rogues or hunters to their raids, never, ever.

Because clearly *each and every* raid member should be able to off-tank, off-heal or both at a moment's notice. I mean, how can you even consider raiding without that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    lol. You must not pvp much eh? The reason feral is currently fotm has nothing to do how much dps they do. What matters is how they do it. Bleeds are the problem. They're undispellable, unresistable, and unmitigated by armor. Since ferals derive a far higher portion of their dps from bleeds than any other spec it can create problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chard View Post
    Seriously shut up bro. Your not winning any arguments. Tell me how much healing Enhancement Shamans and Ret Paladins do in 25 man raids. Please tell me. How much tanking do Fury warriors do? I guarantee you wont reply.

What utility do these hybrid classes have that pure dps classes dont? Answer me, or delete you mmo-champion account.
    We run a 10 man raid ... and our hybrid can and have to heal/dps dps/tank ... we do not have a big player pool - so our hybrids have to fit in other roles and they do. It is easier to get a good DPS random player as a healer or a tank.

Progress raids do have follow other rules - they can choose what class what spec - the "average joe raid" can not.
    Last edited by lb; 2011-07-29 at 08:42 AM.

I guess most people here do not understand those numbers, so i'll try to explain.

The numbers in the front page are the median of the top 100 logs of each of the first 6 fights in firelands, meaning the sample is made of 600 logs of 6 different fights mixed together and that number is the 300th best log of this sample.

Median is the 50th percentile of a sample or, simply put, the exact center of the sample Remember median is different from average and is not biased by extreme high or extreme low numbers, but it's biased by the number of samples.
    That spike in the fire mages graphic line was caused by the low number of samples. The spike happened because the fire mage sample had less then 200 logs (100 logs from alysrazor and less than 100 from other fights), so the median was a log from alysrazor, as the number of logs from other fights got higher the median went from alysrazor to some other fight where fire mages perform a lot worse.

Of course mixing logs from 6 different fights and trying to get an absolut number we'll give us a meaningless number. If you want to know how classes are performing I suggest you enter the site and check the data separated by fights.
    Last edited by Taradenha; 2011-07-29 at 08:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm really where are the Fire Mages? Apart on Aly ofc. Going to step in to raiding soon on my Mage once I have a few more T11 pieces. And I wonder to stay Fire which is pretty fun in dungeons atm or switch to Arcane for the throughput dps.
    Last edited by Poysonivy; 2011-07-29 at 08:52 AM.

The spike is the fire mage using combustion with 24+ stacks of the ring buff with 100% crit near instant pyroblasts. Since haste increases dots and your crits apply dots, the combustion cooldown when the bird it taking extra damage can easily tick for 100k+ (that's every second, so kind of like a flat 100k dps increase for its duration).Gotta give it to fire mages, they are the gimmick masters.

I always look at stats like this and laugh. 1st, we're talking about the top 100 in the world, and most likely that's probably multiple attempts by the top 10 guilds, with alt runs etc... so in all likelihood it's the top 50 players in the world. And to compare that with the average wow raider vs top 100, there is going to be a world of difference, not only in skill, but a huge gear gap as well.

Deleted
    Does this mean Fire Mage buff is incomming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooo go go shadow priests!

Just as important as the speed question: why did they think it was a good idea to bring back that horrible plastic toy model?

We run a 10 man raid ... and our hybrid can and have to heal/dps dps/tank ... we do not have a big player pool - so our hybrids have to fit in other roles and they do. It is easier to get a good DPS random player as a healer or a tank.

Progress raids do have follow other rules - they can choose what class what spec - the "average joe raid" can not.
    You don't even understand what the hybrid tax was and you don't even know what your talking about. The hybrid tax, which is now gone and does not exist, was not switching specs between fights, because that didn't exist before wotlk. The hybrid tax was how much healing a class could do in a non healing spec or or how much tanking a class with a tank spec could do when not in that tanking spec. It had NOTHING to do with switching specs between fights.

In case you didnt get the memo, Blizz changed the classes so you don't HAVE to bring one spec/class to a fight because their are no more unique raid buffs. Its bring the player not the class now.

The hybrid tax was a long time ago and is long gone. DPS spec does DPS now, they dont do anything else.