Poll: Lore Forum: Yes or No.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think that there should be a lore forum. World Of WarCraft is a role-playing game. Lore is the basis for any story in the game, which in turn is the reason behind most if not all the actions of the players' characters in PVE. So, a forum section dedicated to lore is completely justified. I know that the way things are in the game right now, a lot of people have other concerns in their minds -imbalazorsdps! look! look! and stuff-, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be trying to make lore have a bigger presence in the community of the game. Who knows, maybe that way some players will get interested in it, and make things even more enjoyable story-wise.

Fair enough; but this is MMO. I'd like to see MMO have their own sub-section for Lore.
    Last edited by DexterityRogueFeathermoon; 2011-07-29 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake. I'll be back to check on thread in 2 hours.
    O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaudaloht View Post
    You have my sword
    And my Vuvuzela!

Seriously though, never really thought about it, but it DEFINITELY would be awesome! Sure you can read about lore at other sites, but here one could see others' opinion too.
    All in all, I would really want a Lore section on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    I voted no. Wowpedia has all the lore info anyone needs. Sure speculation and discussing motives can be entertaining but that's like a handful of threads. Hardly enough to justify a new forum.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011638/

Would like a word with you.

There is a great deal that can be discussed in a lore forum.

I think they should. Every time someone raises the question a mods says that "There isn't a strong enough demand" to warrant such a sub-forums creation. I disagree with them, there are a lot of lore discussions here on MMO-Champ, and a dedicated forum would only result in more discussions/more questions answered/more well-though out speculation! There are even several existing mods here that seem to be well versed in the lore that could patrol the lore subforum, heck, I wouldn't mind helping them watch it and report misinformation/trolls/etc.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-07-29 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no. Wowpedia has all the lore info anyone needs. Sure speculation and discussing motives can be entertaining but that's like a handful of threads. Hardly enough to justify a new forum.
    Sure, you can read about lore in wowpedia, but you certainly cannot discuss about in there like most of us do here. One great example is the Old Gods thread. Every individual has their theories and like to share them here. Others reply and share their own perspectives and so on, and before you realize, you got tons of replies and pages with amazing info and speculations. And sadly then it gets lost somewhere in page 5.
    We really want a place to discuss, speculate and theorize about Lore without having to fish thru pages and pages of threads that are not interesting for us.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    Yes! 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of like how Wowpedia, Tankspot, the Dungeon Journal, and Youtube have all the boss strategies and tactics you'd ever need.

And we still have a Dungeons and Raids section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Hate to be the pessimistic robot of crazy here but we'll probably (99.9999999999998132% chance) never get a Lore Forum. Bibi's said several times he thinks it's just a bad idea, if I recall correctly. I believe he said it'd pretty much all be Knaak haters and the like, very little good, actual conversation.

Although personally I'd love one, always been a lore nerd, and it's a great thing to know if you're a RPer (which of course I am :B )

As long as it's securly controlled and there'd actually be good conversation, it'd be fine... It'd just be the question of whether or not that'd happen or not.

Not sure we really need another forum or not, but eh why not.

Deleted
    Yes!ten characters

I think the lore is certainly popular enough that a lore section would be fairly active and it'd add to the forums organisation, so yes I'd certainly think it'd be a good thing

I love Lore so I'd be in favor. The only potential downside that I can think of is it would mean I might have to read an additional forum (General AND Lore, instead of just General).

The nice thing about Lore discussions in General is that I might stumble on an interesting Lore topic while reading the QQ forum... I mean the General forum. That would be less likely to happen if those posts were sequestered somewhere else.

Still, I vote yes. the positives outweigh the negatives I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post

As long as it's securly controlled and there'd actually be good conversation, it'd be fine... It'd just be the question of whether or not that'd happen or not.
    From what I seen, most the of negative stuff come from people NOT interested in Lore and that just bumped into it while browsing General. I'm positive that in a forum specifically for Lore, people not interested in Lore would not set foot much on it, leaving most of the trolling out.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    I don't see why not actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    From what I seen, most the of negative stuff come from people NOT interested in Lore and that just bumped into it while browsing General. I'm positive that in a forum specifically for Lore, people not interested in Lore would not set foot much on it, leaving most of the trolling out.
    It'd also be the most appropriate place for those people to bash Knaak and the like. The biggest solution for this would be to remove the Lore Forums from the "latest posts" thingy on the front page, meaning that it'll be much slower than a lore discussion would be in Gen Disc. I dunno, in my mind it could be possible and not sucky, but I'm just saying what the big cheese said. We will pretty much never get a Lore Forum.

Deleted

Thumbs up

I don't see why not. People who like the lore will have a place to chat about it, whilst those who don't can just avoid that forum entirely. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Definitely a Yes from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post
    And my Vuvuzela!
    And my axe(s)!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Yes, simply cuz I'm a bit of a lore nerd and discussing it with other people through the forums would be nice. Either we have our own forum for that or we take up the general forum doing it :P