Mouseover macros not working when set to mouse buttons.

Hey guys
    I'm having an odd issue on my priest alt that I made mouse over macros with. The trouble I'm having is that the macros work fine when set to keyboard key binding (1,2,3,4 etc...) but when I set them to my Naga mouse buttons, they wont work, they will work if i manually target someone and hit the mouse button, but not when i mouse over anything. I use the exact same macro format as all my other spells which goes like...
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] (spell)
    I use a razer Naga mouse and Elvui, if any of that matters.
    I just can't figure out why it is doing this.

Try changing your mouseover macro to /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Spell Name; Spell Name like flash heal would be /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Flash Heal; Flash Heal

Also, make sure your Naga is set to your normal 1-= keys, and not to your numberpad. On the bottom of the Naga, your switch should be up. Hope some of this helps.
    Last edited by Darthbeef; 2011-07-30 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbeef View Post
    Try changing your mouseover macro to /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Spell Name; Spell Name like flash heal would be /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Flash Heal; Flash Heal

Also, make sure your Naga is set to your normal 1-= keys, and not to your numberpad. On the bottom of the Naga, your switch should be up. Hope some of this helps.
    /use [@mouseover,exists][] Flash Heal

Cleaner version of your macro.

This is generally a better format for mouseover macros:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Flash Heal
    However only mouse button 1 and 2 are passed through when clicking on Unitframes in the default UI, you need something like
    Healbot\Clique\Vuhdo to pass extra mouse buttons onto unitframes.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post

Cleaner version of your macro.
    I agree, mine are setup like that, I just can't post an at symbol at the moment, else mmo-champ thinks i'm trying to link something, low pst counts ftl.

Excerpt from some macro notes that explains the problem:

". . . about the keybinding interface is that those clicks only work when done in the 3D world, not when hovering over any UI element. Clickable UI elements (unit frames, action buttons, dialog boxes, etc.) intercept mouse clicks before they get to the WorldFrame. To bind clicks to a unit frame, you must use an addon such as Clique. "

Thx for all the help, now i have cleaner macros, AND the buttons work. xD