Deleted

Demonology: Shadow bolt vs Incinerate as filler.

I did read the post in here and at ''Elitist jerks'', they both recommend me to use shadow bolt as a filler, EJ (which seems to be more up-to-date) did suggest to do so with the corruption glyph, however my question is:

If i for visual reason mainly want to use Incinerate as a filler along with it's glyph instead of the corruption one, how much dps approx. am i going to lose by doing so, if any?

I did give it a look for all of the talents that effect shadow bolt and every single one of them also effects incinerate along with ''Emberstorm'', so it made me a little confused to see a reason for us to use shadow bolt filler in general.

i believe that its because shadowbolt hits harder and scales better?
    also thou because inc is faster casted it might be good for bringing meta off cd quicker?

Incinerate will make you have to life tap a lot more.

There isn't any doubt that you should only be using Incinerate during Molten Core procs.
    This subject has been questioned many times, but it's just a simple fact that Shadow Bolt filling WILL do more damage than Incinerate filling.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

sb = more dmg, less mana
    inc = less dmg without mc procc, more mana

He knows that he is going to lose dps, but he asks, How much?
    Frankly though, i have no idea. But I guess it will be quite substantial.
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your gearing and itemisation, between 1 and 2.5k the sims suggest. In real terms, probably more because you can't play like a robot and any basic rotation based DPS losses tend to get amplified as a result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Depending on your gearing and itemisation, between 1 and 2.5k the sims suggest. In real terms, probably more because you can't play like a robot and any basic rotation based DPS losses tend to get amplified as a result.
    This was the kind of information i was looking for. Thanks a ton for your effort, I guess if I plan on raiding I need to stick with the shadow bolt filler.

Best way to find out would be to sim it with your own profile really. =/