Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully my score on the F@H team page will show that 8k increase at 1pm... all I'm seeing atm is a 2k increase from before.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I downloaded and joined the team, configured so it had quite good access to my cpu and now... uh.. nothing. it doesnt seem to want to do anything heh, is it slow to start for everyone or am i just being a idiot and not setting it up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I downloaded and joined the team, configured so it had quite good access to my cpu and now... uh.. nothing. it doesnt seem to want to do anything heh, is it slow to start for everyone or am i just being a idiot and not setting it up right?
    go to your task manager and check the process tab. if FaHCore is showing up on there, it means its working. Some of these work units can take between a few hours to a couple of days to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlover View Post
    go to your task manager and check the process tab. if FaHCore is showing up on there, it means its working. Some of these work units can take between a few hours to a couple of days to complete.
    oh it is there! thanks <3

question, how much CU usage is 'normal' it doesnt really seem to be taking much advantage at all despite me giving full access to my cpu

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the version you downloaded... there's one version that is more of a service, and uses like 3% of your CPU, then there's some versions which will use as much CPU power as is available.
    "A flower.

the standard client is set up to use 1 core, or 1 thread if your CPU is hyperthreaded. If you have a quad core or higher CPU, you should look into getting the SMP2 client which you can download off this page which can utilize all available threads and/or cores of your CPU.

Deleted
    Yay! 1% done on my first folding =D I wish i had something better than my 2.3 GHz dual core laptop to contribute with.

Ohh and hai everyone, been lurking around the site from time to time since the first news of Zul'Aman, but for some odd reason this is the first time i've felt like writing on the forums. It's a pleasure meeting ya all but please dont kill me for not having a better pc!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, everyone has what they have, flaming someone for their computer isn't going to change anything.

Welcome to the team, Vaiceroy!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaiceroy View Post
    Yay! 1% done on my first folding =D I wish i had something better than my 2.3 GHz dual core laptop to contribute with.

Ohh and hai everyone, been lurking around the site from time to time since the first news of Zul'Aman, but for some odd reason this is the first time i've felt like writing on the forums. It's a pleasure meeting ya all but please dont kill me for not having a better pc!
    Nice to have you on the team! A small contribution is infinitely greater than no contribution, a wise person once probably said.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Aww. Would be nicer upping it to 12 so new Sandy Bridge E can play.
    Sounds like an Opteron and Xeon only club now.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    So I built my new pc and thought that it would be wrong not to fold on it

Here's a screenshot of me starting it:
    i.imgur. com/5CHSE .jpg - need to remove the spaces till I can post pics >.<

Question is, do I have to let it complete the work unit it's on before restarting (I want to overclock my CPU now that I've got my GPU stable) or will it carry on where it left off when I start again? The SMP client goes so slowly lol.

http://i.imgur.com/5CHSE.jpg

Reposting the link so it works easier.

I don't know about the restarting thing. It has done both to me

Quote Originally Posted by gnomechomski View Post
    So I built my new pc and thought that it would be wrong not to fold on it

Here's a screenshot of me starting it:
    i.imgur. com/5CHSE .jpg - need to remove the spaces till I can post pics >.<

Question is, do I have to let it complete the work unit it's on before restarting (I want to overclock my CPU now that I've got my GPU stable) or will it carry on where it left off when I start again? The SMP client goes so slowly lol.
    It might be a good idea to let it finish, then start with a fresh work unit after you OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can stop F@H and overclock, when you start it up again it will continue on from where it was (or close to it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    If that GPU overclock is actually stable... then I'll be damned. 1.062v and 1,010 MHz on the core?! That's impressive. Run it in Unigine Heaven a couple times and see if it makes it through.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If that GPU overclock is actually stable... then I'll be damned. 1.062v and 1,010 MHz on the core?! That's impressive. Run it in Unigine Heaven a couple times and see if it makes it through.
    1062 average score in Heaven, 3205 in FurMark, P8553 in 3DMark11. I've been playing Witcher 2 and Crysis2 on it all week and not had a single crash or weird error.

I seem to have got a really good graphics card which makes up for what seems to be a pretty poor i5 2500k. I'm finding it really hard to get past 4.4 Ghz stable (I get no BSODs or crashes, Prime95 just can't run without giving errors even seconds into a test.) which is really annoying me as I have such a beast cooler (temps peak at 45c at 100% load).

Edit: And yep, I can carry on folding where I left off which is great Points incoming!
    Last edited by mmoc9fb5f9a7c4; 2011-11-17 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, my comment was directed at mynameisjona.
    "A flower.

Get a new revision, far more quiet than the original 360's. Ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Uhh, my comment was directed at mynameisjona.
    he was quoting my screenshot as I'm unable to post images or links yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh. What resolution do you run Heaven at and do you just open and go or do you set the settings to max?
    "A flower.