Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I hope we get a new class that is something like "Techniciam"
    I'd love to see a class like that. However I think if we are getting a new class, it'll probably be something rooted in Pandaren culture. Technicians aren't really something that the typical player would associate with Pandaren race.

Brewmasters don't have the right vibe to be a playable class in my opinion (difficult to take any class seriously when a complete drunkard is just as good at combat), so I'm thinking something more along the lines of a Monk would work out better.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Pandaren will get involved, they'll have a Death Knight -esque starting zone and get to choose which faction to go to at the end. They'll probably bring along a new monk style class and if Blizzard can, they'll have some kind of drinking fun with them.
    So the Pandaren will be killing eachother? They'll split in half and pick opposite sides in a war they have nothing to do with?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So the Pandaren will be killing eachother? They'll split in half and pick opposite sides in a war they have nothing to do with?
    Until the lore writers invent a very questionable motivation for the Pandaren to kill each other, sure! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Until the lore writers invent a very questionable motivation for the Pandaren to kill each other, sure! :P
    warring empires

Bam, logical excuse

Though that does assume, which honestly is the only logical way to do the split zone idea, that you pick faction when you make the toon and then "pick" which side you join at the end. See Death Knight letters

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 06:16 PM ----------

then again, if the empires were warring why would they be in the same part?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    I absolutely like the pet and yea, you're right, might be an asian dragon-whelp, cool

Hey, they did it with Goblins
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely speaking from a hypothetical stand point here, lets say the presumptions of the Pandaren race splitting up to join either faction are true. One can only hope then, that Blizzard would do something to differentiate between an Alliance Pandaren, and a Horde Pandaren. (other than a red name). I would like to think that perhaps the difference could be a high contrasting skin art, such as the difference between Alliance dwarves, and dark iron dwarves. Maybe make the Horde Pandaren have darker fur, to the point of being almost all black?

Granted, it would be highly uncharacteristic of Blizzard to allow the same race for both factions, but I won't entirely snuff the idea in my mind just yet. Blizz-con isn't too far away, so we'll have to wait and see just how accurate these hypotheses really are (with the track record MMO-champion has for 80% or greater in guessing accuracy, I really do have my hopes set high!)

on an off topic note - 666th post. Muahahahah. Superstitious posters beware, I could be right!
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    Purely speaking from a hypothetical stand point here, lets say the presumptions of the Pandaren race splitting up to join either faction are true. One can only hope then, that Blizzard would do something to differentiate between an Alliance Pandaren, and a Horde Pandaren. (other than a red name). I would like to think that perhaps the difference could be a high contrasting skin art, such as the difference between Alliance dwarves, and dark iron dwarves. Maybe make the Horde Pandaren have darker fur, to the point of being almost all black?

Granted, it would be highly uncharacteristic of Blizzard to allow the same race for both factions, but I won't entirely snuff the idea in my mind just yet. Blizz-con isn't too far away, so we'll have to wait and see just how accurate these hypotheses really are (with the track record MMO-champion has for 80% or greater in guessing accuracy, I really do have my hopes set high!)

on an off topic note - 666th post. Muahahahah. Superstitious posters beware, I could be right!
    Ignoring the fact that the sillouhette model is a crock of BS when you consider druid forms and the fact that arenas can be HvH or AvA, or AvH.

My suggestion would to give one side the "Pandyr"

Pandyr seem more norse/mongol, darker, grittier.
    And the other the more traditional "Pandaren"

I vote Pandyr to Alliance for shits and giggle, giving the "gritty" race to the legions of bright shining knights

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Ignoring the fact that the sillouhette model is a crock of BS when you consider druid forms and the fact that arenas can be HvH or AvA, or AvH.

My suggestion would to give one side the "Pandyr"

Pandyr seem more norse/mongol, darker, grittier.
    And the other the more traditional "Pandaren"

I vote Pandyr to Alliance for shits and giggle, giving the "gritty" race to the legions of bright shining knights
    Here's the thing though, the Pandyr don't like have anything to do with Warcraft lore.

1. Blizzard knows the only way the Chinese are going to accept the Pandaren race is if their culture is as authentically Chinese as possible. While it might not technically be illegal to do otherwise, cultural sensitivity can only help sales.

2. If the Pandyr are part of Warcraft lore, then Samwise has been openly leaking concept art for Expansion 4. Kind of odd considering how tight a lid Blizzard likes to keep on their unannounced projects.

More then likely, the Pandyr were either an early concept for the Pandaren that got quickly rejected due to reason 1, or they have never been anything more then a personal project on Samewise's part.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having trouble imagining Pandaren in game. Not on a technical level or a lore level, rather somewhere in between.

I feel they belong with the Horde but I can't help but feel they have an equal potential amongst the Alliance. Having them on both sides of the battle would break the silhouette rule I think.

See a Pandaren, do I help them? Are they horde or alliance?

If Mists of Pandaria is the next expansion, I would wager they serve as a neutral race that both factions vie for influence over. Opposed to them joining one faction over another. Like a faction whose reputation fluxes between the actions of players on either side of the fence as we tread through Pandaria.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Here's the thing though, the Pandyr don't like have anything to do with Warcraft lore.

1. Blizzard knows the only way the Chinese are going to accept the Pandaren race is if their culture is as authentically Chinese as possible. While it might not technically be illegal to do otherwise, cultural sensitivity can only help sales.

2. If the Pandyr are part of Warcraft lore, then Samwise has been openly leaking concept art for Expansion 4. Kind of odd considering how tight a lid Blizzard likes to keep on their unannounced projects.

More then likely, the Pandyr were either an early concept for the Pandaren that got quickly rejected due to reason 1, or they have never been anything more then a personal project on Samewise's part.
    There is also almost zero lore for the Pandaren. What he have of confirmed, 100% canon lore for Pandaren is

1. Chen Stormstout is one, he helped found Durotar
    2. They exist
    3. They live on an island called Pandaria, which no outsider has been to
    4. They have a fondness and knack for Brew and Brewmasters

That's it. That is all we have that is confirmed 100% canon. If they wanted to split the Pandaren into two warring Empires, the Pandaren and the Pandyr, there is nothing stopping them from doing so if it would make for a more interesting game or story

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    And pretty much nobody would have noticed. If you ask me, that'd be pretty much the best secrecy you can have. Just leave things lying around in the open, noone will make the connection anyway.

If you want to hide something, make sure everybody can see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And pretty much nobody would have noticed. If you ask me, that'd be pretty much the best secrecy you can have. Just leave things lying around in the open, noone will make the connection anyway.

If you want to hide something, make sure everybody can see it.
    Just like how

http://scrntag.com/thumbs/screenshot...ll/display.jpg

had the continents all Cataclysm'd up (an earlier design obviously, since they aren't 100% accurate) 6 months into Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The emperor dies. Different families and lords split up into warring factions after the line of succession is thrown into confusion.

You can thank Three Kingdoms-era China for the perfect plot for such a development.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The emperor dies. Different families and lords split up into warring factions after the line of succession is thrown into confusion.

You can thank Three Kingdoms-era China for the perfect plot for such a development.
    Oh history, what don't you think of?

The problem with that is that the very same story has already been used for Dwarves and Humans.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is that the very same story has already been used for Dwarves and Humans.
    Only human example that can even come close is Stromgarde, and that isn't even that.

Battle of Nethergarde Keep, where Alliance players have to fight the Horde back into the Dark Portal and the Horde has to push through past Nethergarde?
    Actually, considering the maps we have at present there's certainly room for a further "kill the enemy leader" map. I'd actually quite like a 10m "kill the leader" map with a decent layout for smaller teams, that would make a nice change to the 2 styles now for rated BG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm expecting Blizz to do... simply lift the Three-Kingdoms story and give it a WoW-twist.

...provided they stop doing entire zone-wide Indiana Jones/Rambo parodies, that is! =/

Only human example that can even come close is Stromgarde, and that isn't even that.

The Arathi Empire - King Thoradin dies and Arathor splits into the 7 Human kingdoms (without war).

The Dwarf Kingdom - King Anvilmar dies and the nation splits into 3 warring clans.