Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    There are also the Stonemaul, the whole tribe is affiliated with the Horde.
    Kudos for knowing your lore!

I'd love to have Ogres in the Horde. It would feel so complete. But that's just another race that probably can't be priest while every alliance race has access to the class -.-
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Kudos for knowing your lore!

I'd love to have Ogres in the Horde. It would feel so complete. But that's just another race that probably can't be priest while every alliance race has access to the class -.-
    There are Ogre priests. I believe they existed in WC3 (correct me if I'm wrong?). I feel like I've seen them. Wowpedia also says they were in WC3 as priests, so I believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    There are Ogre priests. I believe they existed in WC3 (correct me if I'm wrong?).
    The Ogres in WC2 were Mages when upgraded. before that they were just brute force warriors.
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2011-10-11 at 12:55 PM.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    There are also the Stonemaul, the whole tribe is affiliated with the Horde.
    Yes, I know. I mean, they came to Azeroth with the Horde
    But there's more independent ogres than horde-ogres, although ofc most of those are hostile towards both Horde and Alliance.

Really, I was just kidding about the Ogri'la ogres. I don't think they'll suddenly move out of Blade's Edge and say hello to Alliance and Horde.

The Ogres in WC2 were Mages when upgraded. before that they were just brute force warriors.
    Yeah but I think there were a few neutral Ogre priest creeps, maybe? I'm not too sure. I'm trying to think DotA but all I remember from that is the Ogre Magi and the 3 Ogres (1 mage) in the Sentinel forest...In any case, Wowpedia lists them as existing, so it MUST be true xD.

I'd rather customize an Ogre than a Panda in any case! I'd be happy if they added Pandaren to Alliance and Ogres to Horde (even though Pandaren ties are mostly to Rexxar, who is more Horde than Alliance in my mind). I'd have either 1 or 2 heads depending on my class or apperance, eyes, and I'd talk twice, one voice that's normal and one that sounds like I'm Gollum on crack and ecstasy.

As for Ogres in Outland, we don't know what they've been doing since BC, since we know Outland is in the past in that regard. If they were semi-smart and uninformed back then, nowadays they could be much more aware. I doubt the neutral Ogres are completely ignorant of the current events involving the Twilight Hammer and Cataclysm...

And OH, some of the ogre "magi" were specifically healers or had spells involving heals, if I remember correctly some of them in WoW. MAGI and MAGE are VERY different. Like...Mogor the Ogre. Spells are Chain Lightning, Healing Wave, and Reincarnation. Shaman much?

Here's your proof of an Ogre priest: Blindeye the Seer, a member of High King Maulgar's council.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-11 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    A question: If mist of Pandaria is NOT an expansion of any kind, what will happen to all the ppl who've wished this would happen apon seeing threads like this who get soo drawn into something that may maynot happen? Its a trademark name, thats it. There has been nothing else, no leaks found, just a trademarked name. Pandaria have little known history and to shove it into ppl in 1 expansion will be the death of wow. It took Dreanai 1 expansion bc, they were already known in Vanilla wow and even warcraft 3, stable history. Blood elves, once again warcraft 3 to bc they had history. Even Worgen were in Vanilla wow, there story was progressed through all expansions along with the goblins, yet NOTHING on pandarians other then a brief cameo in 1 campaign map, and an optional campaign. They have very little history that has had nothing added to it in all wows years its been running. Just saying lore is against them in terms of the game. Not saying its not going to happen but to me its very unlikely considdering there are soo many links in cata towards a south seas expansion ie. Zalandir trolls, Naga, neptulon, maelstrom, pirates, list goes on. Pandaria isnt mentioned within the south seas. We may see appearances by them as blizz builds up a story for them, but i cant see an expansion being based around them.

I MoP and pandas are what wow need a new fresh start not something we see daily. South sea may happen but not likly to soon due not many islands left to see and not enough for one whole exsp. but idk i thinks panda wold save wow due the very staory not a story be reused
    PLEASE.
    use line breakers for the love of elune or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Yeah but I think there were a few neutral Ogre priest creeps, maybe? I'm not too sure. I'm trying to think DotA but all I remember from that is the Ogre Magi and the 3 Ogres (1 mage) in the Sentinel forest...In any case, Wowpedia lists them as existing, so it MUST be true xD.

I'd rather customize an Ogre than a Panda in any case! I'd be happy if they added Pandaren to Alliance and Ogres to Horde (even though Pandaren ties are mostly to Rexxar, who is more Horde than Alliance in my mind). I'd have either 1 or 2 heads depending on my class or apperance, eyes, and I'd talk twice, one voice that's normal and one that sounds like I'm Gollum on crack and ecstasy.
    I just recalled that there was an Ogre "Priest" in the High King Maulgar encounter in TBC. I don't think there were any Ogre Priests from WC3

I just recalled that there was an Ogre "Priest" in the High King Maulgar encounter in TBC. I don't think there were any Ogre Priests from WC3
    Edited above post to include a shaman and priest ogre. The council had a warlock, mage, priest, and shaman. Magi=/=mage

I travel through the mists of pandaria to find ogres. Epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post
    Ever since Mists of Pandaria got trademarked I noticed something weird about it and still is bothering me up until now.
    WotLK's trademark got filled a week before Blizzcon, so I went on the USGOV's trademarks website and tried to see if I can list all of Blizzard's games/products.
    Back when WotLK got on there it had 3 different trademarks for all the 3 classes (I'll provide links below)
    the same was with Cataclysm, even doh it got filled a month before Blizzcon it still had 3 different trademarks for all the 3 classes on the website, so I figured out that would be a pattern, but everything something was wrong with MoP
    It only has 1 filled pattern, with 2 classes under goods/services
    I went and checked The Burning Crusade trademark, and it only had 1 so that was a bit unexplainable to me
    While WoW has 3 trademarks for WoW/World of Warcraft, in which they use the following ID's for classes (Goods/Services) listed below

International Class: 041
    Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; and providing on-line information in the field of computer gaming entertainment

International Class: 009
    Computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

International Class: 016
    Computer game strategy guides, trading cards, posters, computer game instruction manuals, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, art prints

Here's links to all the expansions trademarks

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=78621921 009 - The Burning Crusade
    1 Trademark - 1 Class Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241365 041 - Wrath of the Lich King
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241363 016 - Wrath of the Lich King
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77241361 009 - Wrath of the Lich King
    3 Trademarks - 1 Class For Each Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769023 041 - Cataclysm
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769019 016 - Cataclysm
    http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=77769006 009 - Cataclysm
    3 Trademarks - 1 Class For Each Filled

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=85384110 009 + 041 - Mists of Pandaria
    1 Trademark - 2 Classes in it

So whats bothering me is, its either Blizzard after all these years and trademarks, just now noticed they can fill 2 Classes under 1 trademark, or something about Mists of Pandaria is different, even with those 2 trademarks filled, theres a 016 missing.

I'm not saying Mists of Pandaria wont be the next expansion, I'm just really bothered by these trademarks >.< and was wondering whats the opinion of the forum on this
    I noticed this too after I found the trademark so I looked around a bit and found some info about this elusive class 016.

This class includes mainly paper, goods made from that material and office requisites.
    +Note: Downloadable publications and publications recorded on electronic media are in Class 9; online publications and publications delivered by electronic mail are in Class 41.
    If an applicant identifies its goods as “publications, namely ...,” and it becomes apparent during examination that the goods are in fact on-line publications, the applicant may amend the identification to indicate that the goods are on-line publications in Class 41, since the term “publications” is broad enough to encompass both printed and on-line publications.
    Before rights in a term as a trademark can be established, the subject matter to which the term is applied must be “goods in trade.” Incidental items that an applicant uses in conducting its business (such as letterhead, invoices and business forms), as opposed to items sold or transported in commerce for use by others, are not “goods in trade.”

Various items such as applicant’s own stationery, reports which are the end result of a service and one’s own advertising materials are not goods in trade.
    Source: http://www.sussmans.net/class_guides/IC16.html

I'm certainly not an expert in this and I haven't consulted one either, but after reading this page I could understand why class 016 was not added yet. It's certainly doesn't seem to be a strong clue against MoP being the expansion, especially since it has been omitted before, like you said.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited above post to include a shaman and priest ogre. The council had a warlock, mage, priest, and shaman. Magi=/=mage

I travel through the mists of pandaria to find ogres. Epic.

Are we still having the Ogre discussion? cool

Just a thought I had when thinking about it: If Ogres came from Outland then Pandaria was allready hidden by that time, so how could we then end up with Ogres on Pandaria?

Doesn't rule out Ogres from rest of Azeroth joining Horde (though I seriously doubt it personally) but still

I think Blizz might have to do some retconning to fit certain things in if MoP happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Are we still having the Ogre discussion? cool

Just a thought I had when thinking about it: If Ogres came from Outland then Pandaria was allready hidden by that time, so how could we then end up with Ogres on Pandaria?

Doesn't rule out Ogres from rest of Azeroth joining Horde (though I seriously doubt it personally) but still

I think Blizz might have to do some retconning to fit certain things in if MoP happens.
    Ogres somehow managed to reach Kalimdor before the Horde, so I'd say there's more to them than meets the eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc View Post
    I noticed this too after I found the trademark so I looked around a bit and found some info about this elusive class 016.

Source: http://www.sussmans.net/class_guides/IC16.html

I'm certainly not an expert in this and I haven't consulted one either, but after reading this page I could understand why class 016 was not added yet. It's certainly doesn't seem to be a strong clue against MoP being the expansion, especially since it has been omitted before, like you said.
    Wow nice digging, I'm sure I can speak for all when I say you have our thanks for enlightenign us.

Only thing Blizz then doesn't have covered seems to be the Trading Card Game, but they might file that at some later point, unrelated to the game.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 04:03 PM ----------

Ogres somehow managed to reach Kalimdor before the Horde, so I'd say there's more to them than meets the eye.
    I got it! STEALTH NINJA OGRES! These days further trained by the Pandaren of course!

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I got it! STEALTH NINJA OGRES! These days further trained by the Pandaren of course!
    Well...ogre-magi trained in the form of the mage might have invisibility...so...sure

So let's think about all the ogres in Outland. Consider some were probably wiped out, like the bad clans we may have cleansed after Gruul fell and such. Now think of Ogril'a. What have they been doing since tBC, and the halting of the Burning Legion attacks in Blade's Edge? Or is that still going on? If we assume the Outland we see is stuck in the past, what present day activity is going on? They must be floating around playing cards or something. It's crazy how much lore is lost to the past right now, both in Outland and Northrend.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-11 at 02:16 PM.

OgreFormers, Ogre's in disguise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Mists of Pandaria not only introduces Pandaria, but Ogrezonia; we will finally understand that the brains of the ogres exist within the females, on a secluded island unknown until now. Proof that they are smart exists within lore in the form of their positions; examples include leader of the Fire-Gut Ogres, a commander of the Dustbelchers, and that's all I know of. xD...Also magi are smart because of Gul'dan. I miss Gul'dan...T_T.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-11 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    i really would like pandas as a playable race, and i would hope that they could be paladins aswell.
    nothing would be more awesome than a pandaren paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    i really would like pandas as a playable race, and i would hope that they could be paladins aswell.
    nothing would be more awesome than a pandaren paladin
    What if you were a Pandaren and bought a Pandaren monk from the store? Would the world explode? I think so. Thus, I do not think Pandaren will be playable. I don't think there are any playable races that have a mini version of themselves as a pet...that I can recall. Though I'd enjoy having a mini-me around to clean up my Tauren poop as I walk.

Deleted
    What if you were a Pandaren and bought a Pandaren monk from the store? Would the world explode? I think so. Thus, I do not think Pandaren will be playable. I don't think there are any playable races that have a mini version of themselves as a pet...that I can recall. Though I'd enjoy having a mini-me around to clean up my Tauren poop as I walk.
    Father Winter's Helpers are Gnomes.

Deleted
    What about moonkin pet

Father Winter's Helpers are Gnomes.
    Father Winter's Helpers are in fact Father Winter's Helpers. They just share the same model.