I found this interesting old trivia thing on wowpedia. Take a look. "A recent interview, with Samwise, on how the pandaren came to be can be found here. It may suggest a a future appearance into the World of Warcraft." I dont know how long thats been on the wowpedia site but its interesting to see.

Pandaria as an expansion really does not excite me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeasaurus View Post
    They have but its just full of people crying over it
    hmm i might have to check that out... but im sure its ssdf, same shit, different forum

How do you know thats Azeroth and not one of millons of planets that could be out there
    You can see Kalimdor and EK. It's common knowledge that this is Azeroth. Still, northrend wasn't there as they didn't want to spoil things at the time and Pandaria is on the otherside.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know thats Azeroth and not one of millons of planets that could be out there
    You can clearly see the maelstrom, Silverpine/Tirisfal Glades distinctive lake, dun Morogh
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Pandaria as an expansion really does not excite me at all.
    Maybe not know but as more info is released im sure youll get a Geek-on(thats a geek hard on)

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    Why do people continually bring up the idea that WoW has a targeted end? There will be expansions released until it is no longer profitable to do so, which is a point that cannot yet be predicted. EverQuest, the game WoW is essentially modeled on, is currently working on its 18th expansion, and EQ was never near as popular as WoW, even at its peak, and is considerably smaller today, and yet they keep pumping out expansions. There is no reason to believe WoW wont do the same, absolutely none at all.
    Also EQ probably took a lot of things from Ultima Online, a game that debuted in 1997 and despite it being 14 years old and probably smaller than EQ in sub numbers it still gets content updates.

race changing to Pandaren asap

edit Probably going to be the China of Azeroth

Oh hell yes! I knew we'd get Pandaren someday! And Brewmaster as the hero class? Possibly the coolest thing EVER!

This excites me in ways no woman ever could.
    Last edited by Worgoblin; 2011-08-03 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    "Mists of Northrend"

"Omg guise why would they make an expansion about the Tuskarr this is so lame XD"

That is what I am getting from way too many people here. Its a CONTINENT. The native race of the continent doesn't have to take a huge role in the storyline. Not to mention if they keep their expansions going in the same way, we are getting another class, not a race. Probably Monk, or some form of martial artist.
    As I recall, Northrend wasn't called Tuskarria. Tuskarr were but a small, small population striving to survive in the harsh arctic wastes. I'm pretty sure if the continent/island (whatever it is or you want to say it is) is named after a race, something tells me that the race has a prevalent dominance of that land.

All in all, Pandaren were a damn easter egg, not even a real race, no real lore, just a few tidbits the lore devs pulled out of their ass and now suddenly they will refine a bit and projectile vomit into our faces in the form of a possible expansion. Not saying that's what this is going to be, since nothing is confirmed, but if this truly is a expansion for WoW, then they really don't give two shits about this game, and they take us all for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Yeah, you're right. This kind of looks like Mars. I was wrong. -.-
    -snip-
    Picture without clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Oh hell yes! I knew we'd get Pandaren someday!

This excites me in ways no woman ever could.
    That is both disturbing and sad on so many levels.

Just to note, most of the lore we have on Pandarens and Pandaria has come from the tabletop RPG books, and the Creative Dev team went out of their way in the Q&A to say those are not canon. They have a lot of room to do whatever they want with an entirely untapped area. And to contradict myself the lore in the tabletop RPG books says that Pandaria may be an island, a continent, a planet or just made up by a drunk man that looked like a panda due to a polymorph spell gone wrong (ok i just made the last one up).

If they do end up following some of the more detailed lore from the tabletop game then Pandaria is off the coast of Stonetalon Mountains and that they hate the horde for encroaching on the lands of Kalimdor and that's why they went into hiding.

My current thought is a good way to tie things back in with the "main" storyline is that is where Alleria and her crew ported back to when trying to reach Azeroth and because of some magic mist couldn't get off the island. And then the one with the scar on his eye turned into a smoke monster and things got really confusing as they traveled through time and one of the Pandarens said dude a lot and Alleria couldn't chose between the healer or the rogue and... wow i just lost myself...

and by the way the tabletop info is all listed on wowwiki in the main pandaren article.

does this mean Jack Black will voice a few characters?

Deleted
    I guess it's time for me to throw in my 2 cents...

Mists of Pandaria?
    We get to go to the Pandaria. It was previously cloaked by mist, raised by most powerful Pandaren to seal them off from the rest of the world (due to getting frustrated with Night Elves and to prevent future generations get corrupted over the lust for magic).

How do we get there?
    Kul Tiras being shifted away from it's original location by cataclysm, they finally got someone out there to ask for help. While drifting away from the rest of the world, they stumbled upon Pandaria and their ambassador(?). The mist cloak fell because of cataclysm; Azshara and her Nagas took this chance to get more resources for siege on the other mortal races. Since Kul Tiras technically are sided with Alliance, I suppose it's obvious that Alliance members are allowed to use their vessel for the journey.
    Thrall getting back in charge of the Horde, persuades Jaina Proudmoore to negotiate with Kul Tiras higher-ups, so that Horde can use the vessels too (not sure how this is gonna happen tbh).

Objective?
    To help Pandaren repel attack against Nagas and to prevent Azhara's forces to regain their full force.

Contents of the expansion?
    - Level cap raised to 90. Pandaria will most likely be a questing zone from 85 to 90 (divided into several sub-zones).
    - New hero class: Brewmaster. Brewmaster is merged with Monk -class to create unique hand-to-hand DPS class with healing aspect.
    Brewmasters are also able to mix up different kinds of potions and flask to increase party's/raid's attributes (not sure how this should be separated from traditional alchemists, but it shouldn't overpower them).
    - Pandaren WILL NOT be a playable class. They are similiar to non-factioned NPC's similiar to Tuskarr, providing daily quests and what not.

About this post
    I'm not basing this on anything, it's just my two cents as mentioned above. I've come to this conclusion by piecing together lore, opinions, rumours and everything of such matter. NOTHING POSTED HERE IS A FACT!
    If I've made some mistakes regarding to lore, feel free to correct me or just disregard this post as an utter bullshit. Please no QQ's and comment only if you have something concrete. Please contribute!

PS. Sorry about all the grammatical mistypes and so on... I'm from finland. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing whether or not certain things are going to be in an expansion and then seeing them in the expansion is no more than lucky guessing. Of course the Titans are going to be in WoW, Blizzard wanted to put them in Cataclysm. Major WarCraft lore places and races are very likely to be seen in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    All in all, Pandaren were a damn easter egg, not even a real race, no real lore, just a few tidbits the lore devs pulled out of their ass and now suddenly they will refine a bit and projectile vomit into our faces in the form of a possible expansion. Not saying that's what this is going to be, since nothing is confirmed, but if this truly is a expansion for WoW, then they really don't give two shits about this game, and they take us all for fools.
    So taking something that was an easter egg and making it into something means they don't give a damn but pulling stuff out of nowhere, retconning an entire race (Dranei) is okay in your books? Stop the Panderan hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt its an expansion to wow.

Remember pandarans were going to be in wrath as a non player race.
    However Wow China would not allow it, due to some spiritual beliefs about pandas.

So i do not think its a real expansion, perhaps a book novel mousepad or some art book.

At the very extreme maybe its titan.
    A game that wont get a china version.

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    Picture without clouds

Holy shit does Azeroth look like it's spinning to anyone else?

Also, you can clearly make out Pandaria to the south of the maelstrom

That isn't pandaria...Pandaria is on the otherside of the world.