Starfall not having 40yrd range?

So i got a few upgrades and wanted to test them on the dummies in Darnassus (to make sure im the only on on the dummie). I wanted to test my sigle target rotation so i standed 40 yards from Raiders Traning dummy so my starfall would hit only it and no other dummies. After a few mil on the dummie i stop and check recount and i see that i did no dmg with starfall! WTF?!?! Tool tips on all balance spells say 40 yrd but to hit the dummie with starfall i had to stand a few steps closer than i had to with any other spell. Didnt have any addon to check it exactly but it was about 5-7 yrd less range if this happens on boss fights i might be losing a lot of dps. And no i dont have GoFocus i hate the idea of havind diffrent range on diffrent spells but i gues i have any way...

Any ideas if this is only a dummy issue or does it happen on real fights, is it because of another Starfall "fix"?

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Starfall should no longer hit enemies with whom the player is not in combat in Grim Batol or the Firelands.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

its probably because starfall is a buff and thus takes the range from the center point of the caster instead of the hitbox range all normal spells do

then they should make it 45 yard to compensate this design flaw
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!