Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Best Stood in the Fire

So I was in a rated bg group, and I was flying to my favorite spot in WoW, which is Terenas Menethil's throne room in upper UC. As I was flying through Western Plaguelands I had to take a break so I turned off my monitor and afkd. When I come back like ten minutes later I find myself dead in flames. So I thought DEATHWING??? And nerdgasmed from how funny it was. Shame I didnt get to see him though.

Deleted
    My funniest was a collective experience. My 10 man guild was en-route to the throne of the four winds; we all ported into Uldum .. "red sky wtf? OH NOE..." .. wipe.

Many lulz were had that day.

Before my guild got mass summon, 9 of us at the stone waiting on one of healers to log on. We're just standing there waiting as he had called to say he would 15 mins late, had to work over-time.

Boom guild chat lights up 9 of us get the achievment.

Other team that was doing a different raid that night is Like "Dirty spammers"

I got mine while i was farming rep, Notice the sky changed and I walked out side from the little house i was in, Next thing I know the whole area exploded into flames. Died a few more times trying to get back to my body, then group summoned some guild mates in to get them the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine the very second my warlock dinged 85. It was like this:

*dings* "About time, I'm 85!

Deathwing: "CONGRATULATIONS!" * breathes flames of fire and pain upon everyone and murders me*

Guild: ... err... grats?

Then a few months later he got me again, on my warrior.

A month after that, he got my paladin. My reaction "NOT A-FUCKING-GAIN!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

I still haven't been made into roasted elf GOD DAMN YOU DEATHWINGGG!!!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

i got killed two times in a row, first in that one zone, then ressurrected and changed zone ... 2 minutes later.. congratz u got killed again

i thought: u really fear me, do you ?^^ just u wait little dragon^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 1 quest turn-in away from level 85 on my Warrior. I land in Bloodgulch to turn in my quest that will ding me 85, and the sky turns red. I click on the quest giver and suddenly died.

I already had the achievement.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I was near the Loch in the Twilight Citadel, doing my usual Elementium Farming route, when i heard a roar and red sky, and i turned to watch behind me, and DEATHWING SPAWNED BEHIND ME and burned the hell out of me, then he kept going with his path of destruction

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got mine about twelve hours after seeing a guildie get his, after which I replied "I'm never going to get that fing achievement."

Ironically, said the same thing about Ironman from WSG and ended up getting it the same day as my doubt. Wish that worked more often!
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Deleted
    I remember being in EPLands on the beta when the patch that incuded Deathwing nuking everyone was introduced and about 30+ questing lowbies screaming "WTF WAS THAT?!?!?!?!" in general chat or something to that effect :P

Was epic.

We were having World PvP in the new Battle Scar in Southern Barrens. It was approx 25+ Alli vs 25+ Horde, We saw each other and began running to kill the Horde when the sky turned red. Everyone thought their graphics screwed up, but we began fighting when all of a sudden we got destroyed by Deathwing. it was the most epic World PvP Battle i've seen in a while.
    O_o

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I still haven't been made into roasted elf GOD DAMN YOU DEATHWINGGG!!!
    So eager to please the horde ?

While I was leveling an alt, I ported to the Blasted Lands to go level in Outland and instantly died. There was a whole pile of skeletons at the port-in area. XD

I already had the achievement and he actually got me for a second time...
    So I was mining in Uldam and the sky became a familiar shade of red and I instantly said "FUCK THAT - NOT AGAIN!"
    I took off flying straight and I was near that underground thing that you do the harrison jones quest in,
    forget what it's called but I flew straight down into that and I avoided getting killed! Screw you deathwing! not a third time!
    Last edited by slime; 2011-06-11 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing the "The Day that Deathwing Came" quest. I had just finished, and I hear a roar. Next thing I know, I'm surrounded by flames and I'm dead. Guess he didn't like that punch in the face. Thought it was pretty epic
    Last edited by Drakoro; 2011-06-11 at 09:21 PM.

New toons start with flight paths to Org, TB, and a few starting zones. At level 1 I was flying to TB to pick up a tabard and got the achieve as I passed through a zone. Didn't die either.

On another toon I was sitting in Undercity when I noticed a few guildies get the achievement in Southern Barrens. I took the blasted lands portal in UC, then the portal to Hellfire P, and finally the portal to Org right beside the stairs that not many people know about. Flew my ass to Southern barrens and got the achieve. As you probably figured out, I am not a mage.
    Last edited by monacelli; 2011-06-11 at 09:21 PM.

I got my guild on purpose. We were on our way to bastion of twilight when the sky turned red in Twilight Highlands. So I said, 'SUMMONS INC!'. They all took it, and they all stood in teh firez. =D

Best way to get it is standing way off away from him, so he doesn't actually torch you, then just run into the fire and run out.

Achievement says 'Get killed by Deathwing', or something along those lines.

...Can't even die right...

Deleted
    I've been scorched by him so many times just trying to do my archaeology