Need advice / tips on this custom PC (For Crysis 2 / WoW / Rift / DC Universe)

Hey there I've currently selected the parts I've wanted in my custom built pc and here it is so far:

Coolermaster Storm Scout Gaming Chassis
    1x £58.72
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail
    1x £164.54
    LiteOn IHAS122-18 22x Internal DVD±R/RW SATA Drive - Black
    1x £14.47
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
    1x £21.88
    Asus GeForce GTX 560 DCII OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    1x £154.21
    1TB Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
    1x £39.90
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3 Intel Z68 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    1x £73.19
    8GB Corsair Memory XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 Dual Channel Desktop - CMX8GX3M2A1600C9
    1x £54.72
    600W OCZ ModXStream Pro Modular Silent SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX2.2 Power Supply
    1x £54.91
    Edimax 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Adapter
    1x £17.68
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - OEM
    1x £71.99

Total: (inc. VAT) £726.20

The main purpose of this pc is to play Rift, WoW, Crysis 2, and DC Universe Online on max / ultra settings with 30+ FPS. What I'm wondering is if I've actually 'over qualified' the pc for what I would actually be using it for. If so, what parts can I change out to make it cheaper or what parts that I currently have can be replaced for something more price efficient when compared to its performance.

Thanks

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Build looks good to go. While I would suggest a different brand of hard drive such as Western Digital or Samsung Spinpoint F3 it isn't to cheapen the system but give you a better overall hard drive.

Hm. The build overall looks quite balanced, and fine.
    I personally would get, like Culadin hints at, a Samsung Spinpoint F3. Don't worry about the Spinpoint being s-ATA II, a 7200rpm drive won't max out the boundaries for even s-ATA I.
    I also wouldn't get an optical drive, as OS can be installed from a USB-stick, and games downloaded. An external usb one is enough for the few times you do need one.

As for your demands...
    I personally play Crysis 2 in Ultra DX11 with high texture pack. I get about >45-50fps in single-player mode with my HD6970 (from the red team. Most comparable one in the nVIDIA-camp is the GTX570). I however dip down to the 25fps-area in online games.
    Seeing as you seem to be getting a GTX560 non-Ti, I suggest you get at least a Ti-version of the graphics card. While the 560 itself is an alright card, the Ti-version is better price/performance, in my opinion.

Just get the internal DVD drive instead for the few times you need it, instead of more expensive USB thingy. HDD suggestion is also relevant.

And about the graphics card: 560 is a sham, don't fall for it. It's also underpowered to run new games at high graphics settings at 1920x1080 monitor. 550ti is actually slower than older 460, and 560 is only barely improvement over it. 560ti is whole another thing, and that is the recommended card above 460. Forget both 550ti and 560 that are meant to fool less informed customers into buying shit.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Oh I see that sounds good then. Is the 600 W enough to overclock the gpu and cpu? So I'm guessing either get a gtx 460 or gtx560 ti+

The only thing I would suggest is that it would be quite beneficial if you get an Intel 2600k (unlocked) CPU. It does not cost that much more and the gains are great, especially when paired with a nice motherboard. When I am playing crysis 2 it automatically overclocks itself to 4.6K and my processor temps stay coooool..

Anyways read some reviews on it, you will be pleased.

Check each one of those parts on NewEgg. Look up each part and read the reviews. You want to make sure that each part has hundreds of user feed back and has the highest rating on that hardware in your price range. I've built so many gaming rigs over the year. I've used cheap parts, expensive parts, Off bands and Major Bands, and pretty much you never know what you are going to get. Asus for example may be considered in some circles top of the line. Well they make some great stuff and some garbage. The only way to tell about each part is to see how people that are using it like it. If you go with all parts that have the highest review counts and rating you will never be happier with a computer in your Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The only thing I would suggest is that it would be quite beneficial if you get an Intel 2600k (unlocked) CPU. It does not cost that much more and the gains are great, especially when paired with a nice motherboard. When I am playing crysis 2 it automatically overclocks itself to 4.6K and my processor temps stay coooool..

Anyways read some reviews on it, you will be pleased.
    Worst advice so far. Only thing it has over the i5-2500K is hyperthreading, which is nigh on useless for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Worst advice so far. Only thing it has over the i5-2500K is hyperthreading, which is nigh on useless for gaming.
    Oops my bad, did not really research the i5 as much as I should of and I did not know the i5 was also unlocked. I stand corrected Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Oops my bad, did not really research the i5 as much as I should of and I did not know the i5 was also unlocked. I stand corrected Goat
    Sorry if I came across as harsh. Re-reading it, I did. Sorry.

Anyway, a GTX460 will be fine, but, a GTX 560 Ti is newer and more powerful. 600w is also plenty and more than enough to power it, overclocks included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjedistud View Post
    Check each one of those parts on NewEgg. Look up each part and read the reviews. You want to make sure that each part has hundreds of user feed back and has the highest rating on that hardware in your price range. I've built so many gaming rigs over the year. I've used cheap parts, expensive parts, Off bands and Major Bands, and pretty much you never know what you are going to get. Asus for example may be considered in some circles top of the line. Well they make some great stuff and some garbage. The only way to tell about each part is to see how people that are using it like it. If you go with all parts that have the highest review counts and rating you will never be happier with a computer in your Life.
    Sadly the majority of reviews on Newegg's products are from inexperienced users.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO