Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesphere View Post
    They announced an arena Psii...
    Can you provide a link or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    point is you dont HAVE to buy it lol. idk how people dont get this >~>
    Because you don't seem to get the fact that while you don't have to buy stuff for RL money, you will at disadvantage compared to those who do.

PS. Please don't give any stupid examples how you can just farm for the really really unique items, instead of buying them from AH. While that is true, it is simply easier to just buy them from AH. If you don't understand how that gives you advantage, I don't know what to say. In that case you are probably one of those people who think that farming mats for something yourself makes it free!

PPS. I don't really care about the RL money thing though TBH. Only thing it will change for me is that if I find something rare I'm just gonna AH it for RL money, instead of using it myself.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2011-09-11 at 05:26 AM.

Because you don't seem to get the fact that while you don't have to buy stuff for RL money, you will at disadvantage compared to those who do.
    i dont get why this disadvantage will matter, there are no raids, no 5mans, no way to gear check people. iv seen shity geared peeps rape in d2 against peeps that had perfect gear. and FYI that disadvantage has been there since d2 so dont cry about it now.

Only people at disadvantage will be people that buy items. Whole endgame diablo is about grinding items. If someone has everything he will grow bored quickly.

I might be old school, but I really really don't understand all these new models, call them pay to win or F2P or what ever you will, In my eyes they are all equally bad.

Games and real life money should not be mixed, if you want to be good at a game (and have great gear) I'm sorry to break it to you, YOU HAVE TO PLAY the damn game, not just ask Daddy for his credit card. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    I might be old school, but I really really don't understand all these new models, call them pay to win or F2P or what ever you will, In my eyes they are all equally bad.

Games and real life money should not be mixed, if you want to be good at a game (and have great gear) I'm sorry to break it to you, YOU HAVE TO PLAY the damn game, not just ask Daddy for his credit card. :/
    I played Diablo 2 and know how rampant the gear selling was and am still looking forward for the most part for Diablo 3 but what you just said pretty much is exactly the same way I feel about it. I prefer the old model of paying for a game and that's it, not spending a dime more unless an expansion was released for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands
    I really, really wouldn't. The entire point of Diablo is to dungeon crawl and get gear. Why the hell would I pay money to avoid a focal point of a game that I payed money for?

That's like buying a book, then paying money to have someone summarize the main points of it to you.

I'm buying Diablo to waste hours upon hours of my free time, I would not waste money to avoid the reason I'm buying it.
    This also is pretty much exactly the same way I view gold selling/character selling/gear selling in any game.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-09-11 at 07:43 AM.

They announced an arena Psii... Guess that throws your argument out the window. Or are you still going to argue that there is no competition in a game with AN ARENA SYSTEM?
    KLAATU BARATA NIKTO

And they also said that they don't care if PvP is at all balanced, and in fact expect it not to be. So while there might be people who think they're "competing" in some meaningful way, those people will be idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it's P2W or not, I'll still be playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Disadvantage in what, exactly? They'll be able to beat the game faster than you? So what?

This isn't an MMORPG. It's a multiplayer coop RPG. Even if you play in a public game, how would it be bad for you if someone joined up that has equipment purchased with real money? Oh no, now you have a slightly more powerful ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Can you provide a link or something?
    Its on the front page of MMO Champ lol

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Gallery-Update

I see Psii has no response GET ROCKED KID.

Edit just for clarity:

In the interview on said link...

Will the PvP arenas be available in the beta?
    We don’t plan to include the PvP arenas in the beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    and that my friend, is called a life lesson.

Money is powa in this capitalist world we live in. Irl and ig. That's just fine for me. It will bring HC players a little bit closer to what the real life is all about It's a good morale lesson for young ones too: "How to make a profit when my intermediary (Blizzard here) take X% for listing and market price is Y? Time sink is Z. How much can I make per hour?" Great pedagogy on Blizz side imo

No response still from Psii. You gonna step up and explain how exactly the game is not pay2win given that...

1. There is a competitive ARENA system
    2. the fact that while you don't have to buy stuff for RL money, you will at disadvantage compared to those who do.

Its not COMPETETIVE!

2. the fact that while you don't have to buy stuff for RL money, you will at disadvantage compared to those who do.
    What disadvantage? Only ones at disadvantage will be those that buy, because they will get bored sooner.

Seriously why are you bumping this beaten horse, go play Torchlight or some other indie POS and leave Diablo 3 alone. Dont buy it. Dont comment on it. NOTHING! That will be better for us all.

Deleted
    No response still from Psii. You gonna step up and explain how exactly the game is not pay2win given that...

This.

As long as you are not REQUIRED to do so, its not pay2win. Basic, learn to understand it, dont make it something its not.

Green is green, even if you are color blind.

If you play the game from Day 1, unless you are completely terrible, you should be well farmed by the time any decent gear that you already acquired hit the auction house. So are you terrible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    This.

As long as you are not REQUIRED to do so, its not pay2win. Basic, learn to understand it, dont make it something its not.

Alright let me give you this simple example:
    Person #1 farms everything by himself
    Person #2 uses buys everything with RL currency

Person #1 = one person
    Person #2 = a Person that buys his equipment from a place where almost everyone sells their very rare equipment, let's say there are a half million people that will sell any very rare drop they find.

there is an item that has a very low drop chance, both Person #1 and Person #2 want to aquire it, the item is so powerful it will allow whoever wields it to easily overpower someone using a simple ''rotation''.

Now, who has a higher chance of ever acquiring it?

Person #1 is all by himself
    Person #2 has half a million people that will sell it when they find it.

This is the problem most people have with a system like this.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-09-19 at 07:36 PM.

Bluesphere - do NOT, i repeat, do NOT play Diablo 3!!!! For the love of god keep your PVP ass out of Diablo 3!!!

Blizzard has said it time and time again, ARENA in Diablo 3 is JUST FOR SHOWING OFF GEAR!

It's not going to be an E-Sport. It's not going to have Ranks. it's not going to have leader boards.

It's people like YOU, yes YOU, who are going to go into Diablo 3 with some delusion of being a PVP master - and you are going to be the one complaining on the boards wanting class abilities to be nerfed... when they shouldn't be as DIABLO 3 IS NOT A PVP GAME!!!

You want competetive PVP!?! Keep your ass in Warcraft please... let the rest of us go to our PVE game in peace without your constant complaining about class balance so you can stroke your epeen more.

Better still, go play Guild Wars 2 - that PVP is ALL about balance!

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Alright let me give you this simple example:
    Person #1 farms everything by himself
    Person #2 uses buys everything with RL currency

Person #1 = one person
    Person #2 = a Person that buys his equipment from a place where almost everyone sells their very rare equipment, let's say there are a half million people that will sell any very rare drop they find.

there is an item that has a very low drop chance, both Person #1 and Person #2 want to aquire it, the item is so powerful it will allow whoever wields it to easily overpower someone using a simple ''rotation''.

Now, who has a higher chance of ever acquiring it?

Person #1 is all by himself
    Person #2 has half a million people that will sell it when they find it.

This is the problem most people have with a system like this.
    My question is... who cares?

I mean... how does somebody else getting a full set of super-de-duper armor effects you? How does that change your game? Your PVE experience is going to be untouched by him... it changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    This.

And competition is competition even when you say it's not supported. Simply making an arena and putting gamers against each other in head to head combat makes it so cause thats how we gamers are. We are competitive by nature. It will be deemed a competition.

Just cause blizzard claims it wont be a supported competition and that it will be unbalanced does not mean it wont be taken as such by the ones actually playing the game.

Allowing any of those gamers to buy gear with real money to gain any advantage has been and should always be the wrong thing to do. Flashing a little real life cash in the players eyes with hopes of selling fake items for real cash has blinded some players to things that have been bad for gaming and gamers for years.

It's not a good way to game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an arena system. Blizzard already said it won't be competitive.

D3 is not a PvP oriented game, deal with that and move on.