T114p vs T12 2p advice needed

Hey guys

I've got an alt lock, (so I'm not 100% into everything about locks) which has 4p T11 with the HC chest (using engi helmet still). I was wondering, since I don't see myself killing Ragnaros or Staghelm at the moment, if it is worth for me to go for gloves/legs/chest and get the 2p T12 bonus instead of my t114p?

Edit: I'm affliction

Yes, drop the t11. Both Set bonuses are mediocre at best. The 2pc is even worse because of all the haste you take as Aff, Haunt doesn't need to have a reduced cast time. The 4pc is very situational and really only benefits you if you happen to be moving when it procs.

You'll see more DPS from the stat increases alone.

The 4pc T11 was abysmal and should be broken asap. The 2pc T12 does more dps and that was before the hotfix so it doesn't die fast. The 4pc T11 added another button to the list that wasn't needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The 4pc T11 added another button to the list that wasn't needed.
    You never use Fel Flame? =/

I find myself refreshing dots and using instant shadow bolts while I move. I hardly ever have to use that sad excuse for a spell.

Deleted
    Ahh Im always using it as demo, but its on the bottom of my list of instants, Doom refreshing, instant SB and shadowflame come first :P - but if theres no need for them then I am always spamming felflame when I move; I hate having wasted GCD's ^^
    Last edited by mmoc9e884f62e3; 2011-08-06 at 10:16 AM.

Using Fel Flame to refresh dots is a dps lost. Especially as demo when HoG does the same thing. I will only ever use Fel Flame when moving after I've refreshed everything else. I also plan my circle placement before the pull so there are very few times where I have to do extended movement. Ok I take that back I use Fel Flame while I'm working on Ogrila rep since it doesn't do enough damage to kill the nether rays I need to rangle.

Deleted
    Well theres plenty of fights in Firelands where there is a lot of movement and where Felflame is pretty awesome, I'm happy with my performance there so i'll leave it at that!
    Back on topic: You've probably gathered by now that the t11 set sucks dismally, dont think twice about swapping it out for the high stats and the procs of t12

Thanks guys I'll try to get it asap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalleholm View Post
    Hey guys

I've got an alt lock, (so I'm not 100% into everything about locks) which has 4p T11 with the HC chest (using engi helmet still). I was wondering, since I don't see myself killing Ragnaros or Staghelm at the moment, if it is worth for me to go for gloves/legs/chest and get the 2p T12 bonus instead of my t114p?

Edit: I'm affliction
    The T12 2 set is worth around 340 dps for all 3 specs. That doesn't count the upgrade in stats that you'll get with T12. The T11 4 set was bad. Even after the buff. I didn't even bother to set up fel spark in power auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The T12 2 set is worth around 340 dps for all 3 specs. That doesn't count the upgrade in stats that you'll get with T12. The T11 4 set was bad. Even after the buff. I didn't even bother to set up fel spark in power auras.
    So you never even used the 300% fel flame except by chance? Because those were really strong. The reason it was so bad is because it procced once in a blue moon

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    So you never even used the 300% fel flame except by chance? Because those were really strong. The reason it was so bad is because it procced once in a blue moon
    yeh i had to manuallyadd it to my classtimer also.
    when it worked it was good but proc rate was WAAAAY to low.
    was great as destro when my procs where up and it benefited from spec.
    something that used to Crit 9k before proc now crits for 70-80k instant cast!!!! and depending on distance from mob you can chain more that 2 out before it goes, Looks at raggy and al akir.