Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy paladin T12?

Hi guys. This is not a whining or trolling thread. I got my T12 legs that completet the set. I got the 4set bonus, at first I thought it was so epic. But seeing the recount healing done after a fight, I got kinda disappointed. My holy light heal for 12-14k non-crit = to 1200-1400 to the target nearby. I have haste so my HL is 1.9 sec cast. That give me ~600-700+ hps. (Without DL light proc, FoL, WoG, HS etc). Now I've see that it doesn't scale with SP as I thought. Anyone who know some math about Priests and Druids T12 bonus? I was wondering if it's paladins or Blizzard made the T12 not been the reason for topping a healing meter

Jaqline - Ravencrest EU

As I understand it, the 4pc bonus was never thought to be all that epic in the first place... It just happens that the tier helm and shoulders are our best options anyway, so why not pick it up. This is besides the point though, I don't know about the math on the priest and druid tier.

4pc usually gives me 1.5-3% healing. I'm not sure if Blizz even wants it to be as good as the rdruid or priest 4pc but if they did WoG/HS should be included in the 4pc.

But guys we're tank healers aren't we??????????
    This is Blizzard's way of further emphasizing that ;D
    Armory and ranks

Armory
    Ranks
    pov

Deleted
    The bonus obviously scales with spellpower in that the heal is a percentage of the original HL/DL/FoL. I will pick it up as off piece alternatives doesnt provide benefits exceeding that of the 4p bonus. This doesnt apply if you are aiming for a mastery set, which I recommend for shannox, alyzrazor, baleroc and majordomo (majordomo may vary depending on how you do it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynxx View Post
    The bonus obviously scales with spellpower in that the heal is a percentage of the original HL/DL/FoL. I will pick it up as off piece alternatives doesnt provide benefits exceeding that of the 4p bonus. This doesnt apply if you are aiming for a mastery set, which I recommend for shannox, alyzrazor, baleroc and majordomo (majordomo may vary depending on how you do it).
    Hmm mastery? I thought that was useless? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niuxe View Post
    Hmm mastery? I thought that was useless? :S
    It's far from useless for certain bosses if you're focusing only on tank healing, for Baleroc heroic especially mastery can be very good. It all depends on your raid and assignments though. General consensus still is that haste is better overall, however people who are at the cutting edge will tend to get multiple sets of gear for different types of situations.

Deleted
    If I hear another persoon saying that mastery is good on Baleroc HC I'm gonna start killing kittens

Quote Originally Posted by Maaikie View Post
    If I hear another persoon saying that mastery is good on Baleroc HC I'm gonna start killing kittens
    Nooo not the kittens
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Has anyone checked whether these small heals also proc mastery shields? (just out of curiosity)

to the op, swiftmend maybe accounts 3% of most druids healing at best, doubling that is a 3% increase in throughput. This buff will probably be in a similar value range although i do agree it should apply to at least holy shock aswel as a minimum.
    I cant comment on the priest 4 piece as our priest only picked it up last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Has anyone checked whether these small heals also proc mastery shields? (just out of curiosity)

to the op, swiftmend maybe accounts 3% of most druids healing at best, doubling that is a 3% increase in throughput. This buff will probably be in a similar value range although i do agree it should apply to at least holy shock aswel as a minimum.
    I cant comment on the priest 4 piece as our priest only picked it up last night.
    Swiftmend accounts for more than 3% of their healing if they aren't just placing it for efflor and make sure it doesn't overheal ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    Nooo not the kittens
    This made me lol. TY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elerion View Post
    It's far from useless for certain bosses if you're focusing only on tank healing, for Baleroc heroic especially mastery can be very good. It all depends on your raid and assignments though. General consensus still is that haste is better overall, however people who are at the cutting edge will tend to get multiple sets of gear for different types of situations.
    Isn't our mastery capped at 50% of our own health?

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Isn't our mastery capped at 50% of our own health?
    It's even less: 30% or 1/3.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elerion View Post
    Illuminated healing is good for baleroc thanks to the high amount of overhealing,.... but mastery rating is not that great just because once you gain some stacks you will cap it way too fast even without any additional mastery. On the other hand haste equals more stacks and faster application of shields.

Deleted
    For 25 man heroic if you have a regular healing setup a mastery centric build will do you more good on baleroc, alysrazor, shannox and majordomo.

On these fights there is nothing but tank damage to heal. The only real aoe situation you will face in those four encounters in alysrazor p3. An extra tick on the two holy radiances on you fit into this window plus slightly faster casts wont make or break your performance. This phase is covered by multiple cooldowns anyway.

On baleroc you wont reach a point where you cap your shields (1/3 of your hp), especially not after the change to how vital flame is obtained. Even prior to this change you still werent capping shields with HL and HS towards the end of the fight with a haste centric build.

Regarding the perceived consensus in the community that haste is generally best: This discoursive simplification primarily exist in order to satisfy people looking for general advice on how to gear their holy paladin. A better approach imo is to look at each fight and compare the specific healing demands to existing theorycrafting. This will yield better results and prevent haste stacking just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakaroz View Post
    Regarding the perceived consensus in the community that haste is generally best: This discoursive simplification primarily exist in order to satisfy people looking for general advice on how to gear their holy paladin. A better approach imo is to look at each fight and compare the specific healing demands to existing theorycrafting. This will yield better results and prevent haste stacking just for the sake of it.
    Now you got me confused...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron01 View Post
    Now you got me confused...
    He's saying if you're looking for simple, general advise that covers most fights, haste is better. On the other hand mastery is golden (well, at least better than haste) on some fights if you are only single tank healing (which is almost non existant in 10m, but seems to occur in 25m).
    If you want to minmax you have to change your gear to fit your role in a specific fight the most.

So I've had the 4pc for almost 2 full lockouts now, and I've been comparing/testing it out. Its frankly, very lackluster, especially in 10. On our first heroic shannox kill it accounted for less than 0.1% of my healing, due to the fact that I was healing only the riplimb tank. On everything except domo/rag it accounts for less than 1% of my healing, and on rag/domo it accounts for 1-2% of my healing.

Perhaps it would function better in 25m, with more people around, but in 10m, only fights where there are players not only stacked, but stacked on the tank, does the 4pc even do much. Even bethilac/alysrazor where there are periods where we stack up for intense healing I find the 4pc useless, because I rely on LoD/HR for my aoe healing but heal the tank with DL/HL instead. For example, it is fairly useful on rag because theres always a second tank stacked on the first one, so when I heal one tank in p1/p2, I can easily heal the other tank as well, and with lots of aoe damage going around its likely the other tank needs some healing. But unless there is someone within 8 yards of the tank, taking damage, consistently throughout an encounter, I'm just not feeling the 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    But unless there is someone within 8 yards of the tank, taking damage, consistently throughout an encounter, I'm just not feeling the 4pc.
    The 10 versus 25 component will have a significant influence on our 4 piece indeed. Resto druids will have a comparable problem with the same 8 yard limitation - and I'm guessing swiftmend will be used less then our healing spells in a fight - less then a full transfer can make up for. In Cataclysms damage model there is an awfull lot of AOE flying around, and 10 man holys rarely heal just the tank, but 8 yards remains 8 yards - the relative weak point of the bonus. The priest 4 set procs from any healing spell and has a 20 yard effictive range, making their 'proc heal' much more likely to hit. I'm all for upping the range a bit from 8 to whatever, even 10 or 12. Since we probably have more procs a minute, it doesnt have to be the whole nine twenty yards though.

On the other hand, tier helm and legs can be concidered BiS both normal and heroic. For shoulders we have a choice of tier with crit, or offset with mastery, depending on your personal preferences tier shoulders are either marginally better or marginally worse then offset - doesnt hurt that much to pick up tier here. Gloves we have a crafted 378 that is very viable, but once heroic comes along it's either spirit/crit offset or haste/crit tier. So, is the 200 odd spirit on the offset enough to not use 4 piece? I'm guessing we can do without spirit on a piece of gear or two.

I'll be picking up the 4 set bonus wether it's strong or weak. It's a bonus at very little cost.

Valhuur was holy now prot in cata

Even in 10 man you will have the opportunity to abuse that 4 piece bonus quite nicely. Beth'tilac, Ryolith, Majodomo, Ragnaros, even Alysrazor. Thats 4(5) out of the 7 fights where extra aoe healing will do everyone good.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."