Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alysrazor 10m Advise [Normal]

Hi there!

Last time i got such good here, so im trying it here again!

We are trying Alysrazor at 10 man normal but strugle at same issues here, we still have some random deaths and hits that shouldnt be going on, thats not the biggest deal, the problem is the two Viscious Hatchlings wont die intime.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0xpea8jbxu2o2p5v/

Any tips, advises, anything is welcome!

Thanks ahead!

if the hatchlings are not dying in time than tanks are not doing enough damage to them. what my guild did is when the melee finished the casters we would try to put as much damage onto the hatchlings as possible before next spawn, that little bit always helped. im a warrior so it was easy for me i would charge the add than heroic leap to add to interrupt and dps down. as fore people dying randomly, its either too adds getting to many casts off or the fact that they get hit by either the worms or by the phase 2 firestorm. if the hatchlings still have issues dying what are tanks did is they put dps trinkets on since this fight is 99% don't die to avoidable damage. this may help but this also depends on how survivable your tanks will be with out tank trinkets on just incase they are late to get a worm from a tantrum and need the defensive stats. one tip i have for the melee that are on the casters stand behind them so that the first brushfire they cast will go out of the fight area so someone doesn't get hit while focusing on something else, its a small tip but hey avoidable damage means one less cast a healers has to waste on you instead of the tanks. the ideal situation of this fight is no one but the tanks takes any dmg from phase 1 but hey we are human it happens. but every bit helps. i hope these tips help you to get alyz down. domo is a much funner and easier fight. we two shot it in my guild

Tell your tanks to focus their rotations on maximum damage, I notice your pally's DPS is particularly low for this fight while the druids is in the right ballpark if a tad low, looks like he's finishing his off right as tornado's go out. As a druid I wear DPS trink's during this fight instead of tanking trinks, not sure how to advise the pally. Burn CD's that bost DPS as often as possible.

If the tanks cant kill the hatchlings on their own you are going to have to have your DPS help them out. Easiest way is to tell anybody with a dot to throw it on the hatchlings between mobs. 90k DPS is kinda the bare minimum the tanks need to be doing on the hatchlings and realisticly they should shoot for geting over 100k. Remember they do 11X damage so this is not an unrealistic goal.

Other things to watch out for is make sure folks are not failing at tornados (or any other fire based mechanic). Make sure the tanks go and interupt the druids during the 0-50 energy phase, I normaly interupt/stun/interupt before the phase finishes. Drop down raid flares for the 50-100 phase, 1 for the raid and 1 for each tank so nobody but the current tank is geting cleaved.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I couldn't look through your logs, but it's advisable to let the hatchlings enrage once to build up vengeance and pop cooldowns afterwards. Also, debuff the hatchlings properly (sunder armor effects/fearie fire for DKs/paladins is about 10% more damage), drop meleehaste totem if the buff is not available through other means and have your rogues put tricks on the tanks.

Oh, and it's no problem to take the hatchlings into the tornado phase, sicne the healers should have a feather and healing is not a bigger issue then than before (if you aren't failing on tornadoes ofc)

Deleted
    You have a pretty melee-heavy group which is good for interrupting, but bad for multidotting. That's how my guild does it. Our SP and our Lock both multidot Alys, the little birdies and the adds, but it's mostly the tanks damage which decides if the hatchlings die or not.

Here's the log of my guilds firstkill (sadly without me):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1063&e=1838

the viscious hatchlings are "gieriges Jungtier" and as you can see, our tanks do a little bit more dmg than yours. Switching some items may help

Have your druids make a thorns macro for the tanks, we found that helped quite a bit for killing the hatchlings, as thorns is considered tank damage and not druid's thus 1000% is effecting it As a Tank for that fight I also reforge into hit and exp and could also advice using a dps trinket if the problem is time and not the tanks dieing.

Retribution aura is also good here to make the tanks do extra damage, I think.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't do it. It's really not worth the hassle. Wait for a new tier to come out and do it then. You're really not gaining anything by struggling in a video game and no one cares what you do or have done.

(User was infracted for this post)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-08-07 at 11:45 PM.

I use strength flask and strength food whichs ups my dps even more. Also like said above have your Druids keep thorns up. You really don't need dps trinkets but if they are having that much trouble you can. Have you pally use his holy power on his slams rather than heals on himself

Deleted
    Tanks the primary source of damage there, have them step it up. Standard DPS rules apply, make sure they're attacking the mob 100% of the time, if it needs to be draged to a worm do it slowly and pre-emptively (so as not to get out of melee range of it and pause attacks). Utilize every GCD and execute rotation properly. If they need more DPS use License to Slay dps trinket and reforge it to exp. The best DPS stat for tanks is Exp, followed by hit and then str/agi (this might vary for druids but I think it's roughly correct). If they reforge to their exp/hit caps it will help them a lot.

To sum it up, TANKS:
    -Maximize DPS time, minimize movement
    -Exp/Hit cap via trinket/dpsgear/reforging
    -Eat the first tantrum with a small CD in order to vengeance cap quickly
    -Save their DPS CDs (berserk/wings) until they're vengeance caped

We had some similar troubles to start with. I'd recommend trying it with 2 healers, which leaves you with 6 DPS. For our kills we've had 4 ranged and 2 melee but having more melee shouldn't complicate things too much.

Have 1 ranged go up with the feathers, have 1 ranged stay on Hatchlings full time. Have the 2 melee stay on the Initiate adds, with the other ranged swapping between helping the melee and putting some DPS on the Hatchlings.

Healing can get dicey with this method and it'll require the healers to be on top of things, people to avoid all the avoidable and interruptable stuff, and the tanks to use their cooldowns smartly. Do keep in mind though that it's a very long fight so you can use your mana cooldowns early and often, and you can recharge your mana to full after each Phase 3, so you can afford to heal somewhat recklessly and not be afraid to dump mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsthegrizzly View Post
    I use strength flask and strength food whichs ups my dps even more. Also like said above have your Druids keep thorns up. You really don't need dps trinkets but if they are having that much trouble you can. Have you pally use his holy power on his slams rather than heals on himself
    Not really worth it, you're still getting hit and you're still tanking so you have Vengance stacks. A Stam Flask will give you as much or more AP as a Strength one will.

To the OP, when I tank some things I like

1) 2pc t11, 2pc t12 for the damage. Especially nice as Warriors/Paladins
    2) DPS Trinkets
    3) Thorns and Ret Aura as much as possible
    4) Save CD's for when you have a large stack of vengance

Other than that just have DPS help as much as they can on the hatchlings, anyone who says "The tank can solo them!" is probably either using a Druid tank or overgearing the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceria View Post
    Not really worth it, you're still getting hit and you're still tanking so you have Vengance stacks. A Stam Flask will give you as much or more AP as a Strength one will.
    Str is actually better than stam even if the stam increases your Veng. However overall I agree with you that it's not worth it. Reforging for some exp/hit will be much much more useful, if tanks cannot solo the birds with a hit/exp caped build then they really must be slacking on their rotation and DPS uptime.

Tanks should be doing 90k+ DPS by the time the mob dies. DPS should be on them as well in between caster mobs. The fight seems like a headache but is actually quite easy after a few days.

Deleted
    I have to agree with pretty much everyone else: the pally tank is doing horrible DPS almost always. But to be fair, the druid tank isn't doing a great job either. That's especially true since both seem to have 2pc T12, which is a great dmg boost in this encounter. It also seems like your DPS is helping out on the Hatchling inbetween druid spawns (which is good). However, I'm fairly surprised to find that both tanks are only accounting for slightly over 80% dmg on Hatchlings. They should be very close to doing roughly 90% on the dmg done on the Hatchling.

So your main problem seems to be tank DPS. Carrying Hatchlings to P2 is going to provide a real headache, so focus on killing those in time first. 1 easy "fix" is to actually have your druids (you have 2 resto druids from the looks of it) put Thorns on the tanks. Simply put 1 druid healer on each side and apply Thorns on cooldown. Other than that, your tanks might want to look at their rotation and/or glyphs. If that doesn't help, they could try and focus more on hit & expertise for this fight or use some DPS trinkets. To be fair though, even with crappy hit & expertise and using tank trinkets, they should still be able to improve their DPS by a large margin.

You'd really want to see your tanks do 110K+ (since they have 2pc T12 already) during the first P1 (measured just before P2 starts ofc, since they require ramp up time). Their job here is extremely simple and hardly requires movement, so anything below means there's room for improvement. Maybe they move the add around a lot? If so, they could, with practice, stand inbetween the 2 worms. If they stand precisely in the middle, they should be safe from getting hit by the flamebreath and will be in range of the healer(s) almost always. Just make sure to let them reposition the Hatchling as soon as the first wave of worms (2 on each side) dies: the next wave of worms will spawn in very different locations. They will probably screw up the first few times (read: 1 of the new worms get eaten prematurely), but that's ok. I found it quite easy after figuring out that 1 of the old (dead) worms is actually the new safespot for the 2nd wave. So if they're still learning, they might want to direct their attention at where the next worms spawn compared to the old worms. They should notice a pattern pretty fast that way

Deleted
    are your tanks geting full rage/holypower/runic power, before eggs spawn by hiting the druids for a few seconds?

make sure your dps are providing the correct debufs on the mobs,

if your tank is a pally fraerie fire and the 8% magic one.

is a dk/warior/rogue providing a 4% physical debuff, is a druid/rogue providing a 30% bleed debuff if your tank is a warior?

are your rogues tricking tanks for 15% damg boost or druids casting thorns,

using any 2 minute cooldown abilities 10 secs after egg drop as you have 2:30 after birds spawn to kil them before tournados.

We got the kill tonight, thanks again for all the great tips and advises!

logg: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=1438&e=2237

After the kill we went for Majordomo Staghelm and killed him on the 4th try so now were at Ragnaros wooho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    We got the kill tonight, thanks again for all the great tips and advises!

logg: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=1438&e=2237

After the kill we went for Majordomo Staghelm and killed him on the 4th try so now were at Ragnaros wooho

congratz and good luck

the tact we use is 1 warr tank, 2 healers and 7 dps, 3 go up and the other 4 manage droods and make sure hatclings die, most dmg is avoidable and healers can spam away as much as they want really.

we kill this in just over 4 mins every week in my alt run just before end of 1st burnout phase.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Killed her this week in a 10man Alt run since the Main guild always does 25man heroic progression. 2 tanks 5 dps 3 heals, We had, 1 pally tank, One Blood tank, Frost DK, Warrior, Mage, Hunter and Rogue I believe, We had the mage go into the air, and we just burst the living hell out of the Druids, and help put dps onto the hatchlings the second the druids died, and we had no problems. The main issue if people are dying is one, they are standing in bad places or two... The healers dont realize you can bomb heals as much as you want as long as you got like 5% mana left when Alysrazor hits the ground cause you can get your mana back my casting a simple spelll over and over again. Bad standing would be, Standing in the path of bushfire, Simply dont be standing in the direction the druid is facing, getting roasted by worms, once again, dont stand where they are breathing, or being hit by fire tornadoes, which easiest method is See where the inner most Fire tornado spawns, stand behind it, once it moves follow it until you see the other one going the opposite direction goes by in the next lane, and go into that lane and follow it till the inner most goes past you and go back into that lane and rinse and repeat till it ends.