Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A lot of posters seem to be missing the point of ReforgeLite. Is in NOT a combat sim. It will not create your stat weights. It's sole purpose is saving you time when you right click on the reforging vendor and start reforging all your gear. And truth be told, it does that extremely well.Without sitting down to calculate the stats on every piece of gear I have, I was able to get my hit chance to 7.95, which I figured was close enough as I never want to go over cap. That was before ReforgeLite. With the addon, after importing my stat weights, I was able to click a couple times and the addon calculated how to improve my hit rating from 7.95 to 8.00. I'm not kidding about that perfect 961 hit rating. Capped hit with no wasted hit rating. It also reforged everything else for secondary stat optimization and all with one click. No dragging every item into reforge window, clicking 2 drop downs...confirming..and of course without the addon I could only do that after I did my own math to figure out which items to move hit to and from.

I like how blizz posts all the spoilers first, and then the link to the replays at the bottom.

Deleted
    I'm just wondering why this is called ReforgeLite.. to me it implies that there is also an addon called "Reforge", of which this is the "lite" version.. a bit like GearScore and GearScoreLite (I think? Can't really think of any other examples).

Was not that hard to go on wowreforge.com to do this.

I hope this addon acts like SimC, changing stats weight depending on how much you have of each stat, otherwise meh =p

Maybe the Lite part is because it does not consume much memory etc.

Also, there is a newer DLC up. Click next on their website
    Last edited by Sidone; 2011-08-08 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Was not that hard to go on wowreforge.com to do this.
    It's not hard to do anything. This addon automates the entire process, including the actual reforging part, which is pretty handy when you've got several items to reforge at the same time.

That was the worst WoW tournament I have ever seen. I knew Blizzard didn't care about the PvP aspects of WoW, but that was like salt in the wound.

ReforgeLite? So now I can change any stat on a item? 'confused'

10+ Year Old Account
    Tournament was shit, and so will Blizzcon since there's literally never been a good Blizzcon WoW tournament.

Reforging is hard! Oh gaw...I need an addon to help me MAKE MORE HASTE! You can't reforge your gear without someone holding your hand for you and telling you which stats to change? There's a problem there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Reforging is hard! Oh gaw...I need an addon to help me MAKE MORE HASTE! You can't reforge your gear without someone holding your hand for you and telling you which stats to change? There's a problem there.
    This post demonstrates a lack of understanding of the complexities inherent in optimal reforging.

In the case of, for example, an Enhancement Shaman, you can certainly "wing it" and get Exp cap, spell hit cap, and dump the rest into mastery; however, without doing a thorough search of the space of possible reforge configurations, you will likely end up being slightly under or over the respective caps, all without maximizing your mastery bonus.

Having finally tried a reforge optimization tool, I now swear by them. It's not as straightforward as you think, and if you think it is, you're definitely doing it wrong.

To all the people that are saying this addon is useless or askmrrobot is dumb, I'd like to see you get exactly 8% hit and 26 expertise while also maxing your best secondary stat (mastery, crit, hit).

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    To all the people that are saying this addon is useless or askmrrobot is dumb, I'd like to see you get exactly 8% hit and 26 expertise while also maxing your best secondary stat (mastery, crit, hit).
    Its not hard to get close to hit/expertise cap... and not all classes are supposed to max one secondary stat, not only that but stats weight and thats the problem of this addon or mrrobot, they use fixed stat weights... well at least its usefull for new players

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Its not hard to get close to hit/expertise cap... and not all classes are supposed to max one secondary stat, not only that but stats weight and thats the problem of this addon or mrrobot, they use fixed stat weights... well at least its usefull for new players
    Since when does "get close" mean "exactly"?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Since when does "get close" mean "exactly"?
    getting close to hit and expertise isn't hard, but getting exactly 961 hit and 781 expertise while keeping beneficial stats you need is

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    theres a more recent Dark Legacy comic out

Truly amazing addon, keep it coming boub.

edit: Not sure why it is reforging spirit to hit.
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2011-08-09 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    any person have a pawn for priest all spé ? (disc / holy / shadow) thk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    Maybe the Lite part is because it does not consume much memory etc.
    That seems like an odd reason.. should I put "Lite" in the name of all of my addons too? Because I (as most authors I imagine) try to make them use as little memory as possible...