10 mansn healer-Situation

Hi there,

right now, i´m a little frustrated concerning die current State of healing in 10 mans. Well no, that`s not quite it..

I`m pissed.

I play a Disciplin-Priest in one of the many 10-Man-Guilds that are 6/7 right now. I have 2 WoL-#1 (Ryolith+Nef Hero) and i enjoyed raiding in the last tier quite a bit.
    But it is pissing me off how Blizzard keeps designing 2-Healer-Encounters. That is just plain stupid. 3 of 7 Bosses in Firelands are to be done with 2 Healers and i quite frankly dont get it.

With Resto Druid being absolutely overpowered in 10man AND them giving Replenish, which may be hard to get in 10man (no1 plays frost, Affli > Destro, no1 plays retri and well, we dont have a shadowpriest) and Disc Priest adding very little to the Buff-Situation (Oh wow, Inspiration, now thats very important when most dmg inc is fire), there is one slot left. And since our guild - like, i guess, most guilds - has 4 Healers, so you may do 3-Heal-Encounters when 1 is RLing, 3 People share that one slot.
    How stupid is this?

What in the world is the trouble with designing Encounters in a way that they should be done with 3 Healers? It is basically the same with Tanks, its just annoying. Only that - up to now - most interesting Encounters were 2-Tank-Encounter. Still, it gets worse. Last content it was 4/13 1-Tank, now its 3/7.

Sinestra: 2 Heal. Cho'gall: 2 Heal. Ryolith: 2 Heal. Baleroc: 2 Heal. Ragnaros: 2 Heal. The most awesome and interesting Encounters just leave half of the Healers out and its pissing me off.

End of QQ, share your feelings with me, brothers!

Deleted
    Sorry to point it out, but blizzard has stated several times allready the current 10 man content is to be done with a standard 10 man setup. Being 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. We as a player know that some fights prefer less healer heavy fights. Yet it can be done with that many. So either tell your dps to stop sucking or tell yourself you should stop the qq and put a sock in it. Theres allready enough qq about 10 mans. No need to throw oil on the fire. But what I can tell is that you are either being benched 24/7 or either just not used. So euhm maybe crank the performance up and turn down the attitude. Must be a good source of win in there either way.

)

*edit* and no not every 10 man guild is stupid enough to recruit 4 healers into rosters that are small enough. And if the one person doesn't want to share his slot then well do something about it. This has nothing to do with the current 10 man situation being bad. It's got something to do with your personal problem for the current tier that A) your guild prefers better people over you, B) your attitude makes you lose a raid spot, C) Combo of A + B
    Last edited by mmoc7e842876fa; 2011-08-10 at 02:40 PM.

As a tank in 25 mans, I'm more pissed.

The standard 25 man should have 3 tanks, some fights can require 2 and rare fights might only need 1.

Instead we have the situation where you only need 2 or 1 tank, never 3.

There is no chance for a 3rd tank meaning that the scaling from 10 man raiding is poor. Happy tanks are tanks allowed to use their prot specs, not sitting on the sidelines as a DPS.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    As a tank in 25 mans, I'm more pissed.

The standard 25 man should have 3 tanks, some fights can require 2 and rare fights might only need 1.

Instead we have the situation where you only need 2 or 1 tank, never 3.

There is no chance for a 3rd tank meaning that the scaling from 10 man raiding is poor. Happy tanks are tanks allowed to use their prot specs, not sitting on the sidelines as a DPS.
    /agree

Due to the somewhat heavier dps requirements compared to the last tier some fights can indeed require way too few tanks. So both gearing as other factors get affected too much by this. Anyhow I'm quite happy with the current tier allthough the scaling in bosses is weird and awfull. There's still some fun fights. Other than that class balance/raid balance has never been Blizzard's strong point. And don't start about "oh oh vanilla" Pure mechanic wise vanilla was shit and noone knew the game good enough to be able to tell what the best setups were and whatnot

My Gripe about the proportion of 2 Heal and 1 Tank fights is the gearing issue in 10 mans. We already Disenchant almost half of the gear that drops, and to be a successful 10 man progression guild you need to gear 1 Tank and 1 Healer to do DPS off-spec. And it's not just "Oh, they can just add in a little DPS because we don't need to 2 tank or 3 heal this" no. It's "They need to be able to pull as much or more as the dedicated DPS in their off-spec, or you don't get to kill the boss"

I don't mind having someone use their Off-spec for an encounter or 2. I do mind that the DPS requirements are so strict that those 2 Off-spec players need to be geared and competant in that spec. And I really dislike having to swap people in and out for one boss, it's fine to have a rotation of players to cover your ass but to be REQUIRED to have a rotation of players to progress just doesn't feel right.

Deleted
    DPS-Offspec as a healer isn't such a big problem, except for paladins

I'm a resto shaman and my dps gear is solid, although only 3 pieces aren't from my resto-gear (legs of argaloth, dmc:v, moonwell chalice). Though I need to fix the 18,5% hit... still I'm doing solid ~20K dps in that gear.

I'm glad they made spirit = hit.

Yeah i also respecc to Shadow pretty often... did it for Baleroc for Example. Of Course my Gear and my Skill for Offspecc are not that awesome. That´s why i kinda hate it -.- also it´s just not the same. Obviously.

And Narzhul: Try doing Baleroc with 3 Healers (might actually work now that gear is a little better). Try doing Ragnaros with 3 Healers. Blizz states alot, does not mean shit. We got tons of #1-ranked-dds, and seeing as you got ONE hardmode down yourself i dont think you should talk back like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had several pulls with 3 healers for Baleroc and we were still ahead of the enrage. We ultimately decided that it was easier to 2 heal it, but its absolutely 3-healable. Rhyolith, despite being the "easier" fight, is actually more difficult to 3 heal and so much easier to 2 heal. I'm not really sure you can count H Rag right now either - its an absurdly hard fight that is tuned around a higher level of gear than we have right now. When you undergear a fight you have to use the absolutely best comps, play perfectly, etc etc. I'm not saying that this tier is exactly balanced with the 1 tank fights and the 2 heal fights but its definitely not mandatory to 2 heal most of the fights, and having some 2 heal fights on 10 man isn't a bad thing either. And we never 2-healed cho'gall or sinestra and killed them just fine so I wouldn't include them on that list either. Having it be able to be done by 2 healing is not the same as requiring it, and it doesn't look (to me) like most of the fights you are talking about require it.