Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10m Beth'tilac and cinderweb spinners

I am a melee dps (fury warr) and my job is to get all the cinderweb spinners down in p1 of beth. My question is it necesary to kill/ bring all of them down? I know they do raid dmg when still hanging but I find myself doing alot more running instead of any meaningful dps. So I was wondering if I should maybe leave one up or just have them attack me and ignore them while i go and help on the drone. Thanks for any help. P.s. i dont care how easy you think beth is and I have seen video so any comments adressing either of those are not helpful.

Deleted
    taunt 'em all down, bring 'em to the tank, and get cleaving. Leaving them up is a pita - the raid takes spiky damage, and healers cry/hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
    I am a melee dps (fury warr) and my job is to get all the cinderweb spinners down in p1 of beth. My question is it necesary to kill/ bring all of them down? I know they do raid dmg when still hanging but I find myself doing alot more running instead of any meaningful dps. So I was wondering if I should maybe leave one up or just have them attack me and ignore them while i go and help on the drone. Thanks for any help. P.s. i dont care how easy you think beth is and I have seen video so any comments adressing either of those are not helpful.

Bad idea, as more will keep spawning regardless of how many you leave. So you would just get further and further behind.

To be more clear, 6 spawn at the beginning. You kill 4, leaving 2 alive. When the team dealing with Beth jumps down, 6 more will spawn so now you have 8 to deal with. The number of spinners up at any time is not capped.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    taunt 'em all down, bring 'em to the tank, and get cleaving. Leaving them up is a pita - the raid takes spiky damage, and healers cry/hit you.
    What he said. We have a ret bring em down and I taunt a few off of him while tanking drone. He kills some, and I grab about 2 or three at a time from him. Getting them down helps the healers a ton. You suffer in the meters but help your raid

Yea, we have a DK run around taunting them down for me to Tank (LOL VIGILANCE). I could do it myself, but then I risk spraying everybody with the Drones cone fire AE. Or having the drone in a bad spot and he eats spiderlings.

But we always leave 2 Hanging from the Web, so when Web Team 6 jumps down they can Taunt those 2 Spiders down Immediately and get back up there to get more DPS uptime on her and she only poops on us for 3-5 seconds instead of 15+ seconds. Prot and Holy Paladin going up top, so they can both taunt down their own spider and jump up immediately.

Deleted
    We had the range DPS first nuke down the spinners and then move on to the drone.
    Surv hunter and a shadow priest were on the spiderlings and had enough time to help with the spinners between packs.
    (arcane mage, destruction warlock, surv hunter, shadow priest, UH DK - who went up)

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    We had the range DPS first nuke down the spinners and then move on to the drone.
    Surv hunter and a shadow priest were on the spiderlings and had enough time to help with the spinners between packs.
    (arcane mage, destruction warlock, surv hunter, shadow priest, UH DK - who went up)
    I am sure you know, but Hunters can use distracting shot to bring em down

Deleted
    The raid damage is mostly from spinners. Make your healers happy and kill them as soon as possible. Actually, I can't remember how many times we wiped before our first kill in phase 2 just because the healers started it at so low mana (because we didn't prio the spinners enough). The first 2 need to be taunted down INSTANTLY so the tank and healer can go up fast and stop smoldering devastation (yay healers happy) After that, you can be slow on this but I suggest you to do it asap also, you taunt the ones after that down for as many dps you are sending up. You will need the dps on the boss in order to beat the ''soft enrage'' in phase 2. Leaving spinners on the ceiling is the worst idea that can come to mind. They will start putting people into webs, taking them out of combat until the spinners are interrupted or killed (might aswell do it faster then and prevent some raid damage).

Thanks all this was very helpful, especially the part about there not being a cap to the amount up. When we try her tonight I will grab them all and start cleave spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Bad idea, as more will keep spawning regardless of how many you leave. So you would just get further and further behind.

To be more clear, 6 spawn at the beginning. You kill 4, leaving 2 alive. When the team dealing with Beth jumps down, 6 more will spawn so now you have 8 to deal with. The number of spinners up at any time is not capped.
    Wth are you talking about? stop misleading ppl!

6 per phase, 2+2+2, taunt them and kill them asap, while hanging they pawn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Wth are you talking about? stop misleading ppl!

6 per phase, 2+2+2, taunt them and kill them asap, while hanging they pawn hard.
    That is what he is saying. His point is if you only kill 4 in the first phase, you will end up with 8 next phase (2+6=8)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
    Thanks all this was very helpful, especially the part about there not being a cap to the amount up. When we try her tonight I will grab them all and start cleave spamming.
    Don't focus on that tactic too much, though. You probably have 2 dps busy with aoe on spiderlings + soaking broodlings, 1 dps up meaning 2 dps free for spinners and drones. Just let those prioritize the spinners before dpsing the drone, and have the aoe dps help on the drone when they have nothing to do.

if you have a DK death grip also brings them down (dosnt actually grip them but the 3 sec 'taunt' makes them drop)

Every taunt makes them drop, distracting shot from a hunter also.

A prot warrior with vigilance on the tank going upstairs can pretty much taunt them all depending on positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I am sure you know, but Hunters can use distracting shot to bring em down
    I don't know that specifically what each player did as I was tanking upstairs.
    They get the job done killing the mobs in that order and that's all I need to know

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why you should be doing the spinners in the firt place. that is very easy for one range dps to control, while u as melle can focus on either drone or beth on top.

Are there more spinners on heroic Beth'tilac?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

get a proper tank that can taunt them all while tanking drone.

tell your fellow raiders that stay bottom and help you on spinners (should max be 2 other people on heroic) to stack up near drone so the spinners runt to them.

cleave shizzle out of the spinners

grats on getting 24k+ dps on bethilac

@timoseewho

No, same amount

When they initially come down, we have two tanks (pally and a DK), another DK, feral druid, and hunter, to taunt them down. When we get split up we still have the two DKs and the hunter on the ground, and all those taunts have a pretty strong range on them, especially the hunter's. So, I dunno what your raid makeup looks like to say if it'd make sense for you to be on the spinners that much. The drone has to die in a descent amount of time though, so if it's a question of the drone dying in time or not, you wanna go for it dying in time (ie let ranged take down spinners). Our group also has a mage and shadow priest on the ground. Between those two and the hunter, spinners aren't alive long. The hunter and s-priest usually blow up on the spiderlings while the mage focuses hard on the spinners almost entirely.

We just taunt and kill. Even though technically the aoe between phases last longer since we don't leave 2 up, our healers find that aoe healing is less mana intensive than leaving 2 spinners up, which just leads to having to deal with like 6 a few seconds after tanks go up.

So yea, constant taunting down, we have a warrior and our resto druids sometimes go bear and taunt, then they lead them to the tank and I i'll taunt or they just take care of them, themselves. They melee for like 2k or something, and they don't spit as much on the ground, if at all. Really the only thing you don't want them hitting are casters and healers cuz of the pushback.

So yea, just taunt them down, hit them a few times then go run to the tank and he should be aoe'ing or taunting off of you since he can't let the drone face anyone.