Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezania View Post
    Is it possible right before you switch too the scorpion phase with searing seeds to pop AMS and not get the debuff?
    AMS Doesn't last long enough, only thing that works is a pally bop

Hehe I tried already.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Unholy is competitive. Just get it teired out as much as possible from teir 11. I'm able to pull competitive dps in my offspec, i think mainly because facing boss doesn't prevent ghoul, dnd, and death coil damage. The only 378 piece's i have for my offspec are belt, cloak, and bracers. The rest is teir 11 or rep gear with pvp shoulders. I had never dps'ed in a raid before, so I spent 2 weeks running heroics as unholy to get a feel for it and was able to do about 17-20k, which for a tanking offspec wasn't too bad. I was actually surprised since it was the first time I've tried serious dps on my DK.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    AMS Doesn't last long enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    no AMS lasts at least 5 seconds unglyphed and glyphed it lasts 7 seconds and since Major Domo's Fiery Cyclone only lasts 3 seconds AMS would last past Fiery Cyclone's duration if cast at the moment before stun and last through till you were able to fight again.
    so yes it actually would last long enough but it just doesn't work because Searing Seeds is a physical application ability vs magical application ability. The reason it Doesn't work isn't because of the length of time its because even if AMS lasted an indefinite amount of time it wouldn't prevent seeds from being applied

Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    i think mainly because facing boss doesn't prevent ghoul, dnd, and death coil damage.
    Facing the boss doesn't prevent Off hand Frost special attacks from landing either. Basically because of Threat of Thassarian using Oblit and Frost strike your off hand may get a free damage application if you are parried because only the main hand damage gets parried and you get to reuse the same runes for oblit to reapply another oblit and get both hand damage. its a bonus
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-08-10 at 09:36 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Unholy is terrible for that fight. Sure, it may not be up there with Combat Rogues or Fury warriors due to cleave mechanics, but it should still be pretty competitive with other melee.
    Oh I wasn't trying to imply that I thought Unholy as a spec was bad. I was just saying that "I" am horrible Unholy DPS because I MS Blood and don't really play/practice it much.

Derp DnD been off CD for 1 minute now? *quietly drops patch and wonders away whistling* and no one look at my blue shoulders! =(

At least I feel like I'm bringing AMZ on Staghelm (which seems like one of Unholy's worse fights) and I'm suiting up in my tank gear for Rag right after anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.