Decent UK Gaming PC Companies!

I have been looking at getting a new rig for Gaming purposes only (Mainly WOW and SC2) and just wanted to see if you could reccommend me a decent place to get it from. I am from the UK, so UK based would be a benefit .. Please do not reccommend PC World, I used to work for them,, thats all im going to say

Price doesnt really matter obviously if there is any bargins Im well up for them!!

Cheers before hand

Deleted
    If you want to get the best 'bargain' then you should look at building it yourself, or getting a friend to help you do so. IF not then overclockers.co.uk have some decent pre-built systems

Quote Originally Posted by sneasel View Post
    If you want to get the best 'bargain' then you should look at building it yourself, or getting a friend to help you do so. IF not then overclockers.co.uk have some decent pre-built systems
    Yeah the thought has crossed me. Ive looked at some companies but I would prefer a pre-built system that I could add to and that is future proof, just because I'm lazy . Even if I decide to build the PC myself, could you reccomend me a decent company to get the compoenents from? Ive been looking at overclockers, cheers for the quick response

Deleted
    Well, i was in the same boat as you. I knew nothing about 3 days ago and have just been lurking these forums. It's worth building it yourself mate, you can mix and match the parts to suit your needs

As far as companies go, the system I am looking at purchasing is made up from Amazon.co.uk, Ebay.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk, Ebuyer.co.uk and Scan.co.uk Have fun searching.

Edit : The build I have put together.

HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - £39.50
    RAM - GSkill RipJaw 8Gb - £44.99
    Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 5 II - £89.99
    PSU - CoolerMaster 650W GX PSU - inc. in above
    GPU - MSI HD 6870 - £147.99
    CPU - Intel i7 2600k - £210.00
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 - £82.72

TOTAL - £615.19
    Last edited by mmocdd13a66d9d; 2011-08-10 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    www.overclockers.co.uk (Maybe a bit more expensive than novatech)
    www.novatech.co.uk (But I really hate their website/support)

Quote Originally Posted by sneasel View Post
    Well, i was in the same boat as you. I knew nothing about 3 days ago and have just been lurking these forums. It's worth building it yourself mate, you can mix and match the parts to suit your needs

As far as companies go, the system I am looking at purchasing is made up from Amazon.co.uk, Ebay.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk, Ebuyer.co.uk and Scan.co.uk Have fun searching.

Edit : The build I have put together.

HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - £39.50
    RAM - GSkill RipJaw 8Gb - £44.99
    Case - CoolerMaster Centurion 5 II - £89.99
    PSU - CoolerMaster 650W GX PSU - inc. in above
    GPU - MSI HD 6870 - £147.99
    CPU - Intel i7 2600k - £210.00
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 - £82.72

TOTAL - £615.19
    Cheers mate thats really helpful. Gives me a guidline to go on

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a list of vendors someone put up

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/912692?p=11640486

Deleted
    Scan.co.uk
    Overclockers.co.uk
    Aria.co.uk

Those are the three I would recommend and have used with no issuses.
    Really it depends on how much you want to spend as to which is the best bang for buck.

Deleted
    most of the ones peopel have posted, cclonline it's a co uk but i cant post links have some fantastic bundles sometimes, and the customer service is awesome!

Cheers Guys/Girls... Ill have a good look when I get home.

Deleted
    not sure how bad it is in other countries but in the UK you would be looking at an extra £200-£300 for a prebuilt system. i.e the computer i built for myself cost me £604 (including monitor for £90) and the same specification prebuillt from aria/overclockers was around £750-£850 WITHOUT the monitor. a lot of people told me to cough up the extra cash but in reality, it was either make my own, or not bother upgrading at all, because i'm not just gonna throw money away on a process that takes literally 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all decent UK suppliers will build, test and setup the machine for you. To whatever spec you want and even better it's often cheaper than buying one of their pre-assembled systems.

For example: Novatech charge you an additional £60 to build, test, configure and install whatever you need on the system. (Setting up RAID's, Pre-Installing OS + Office etc....)

Obviously though for any software you're not buying with the system you'd need to be able to provide a valid cd/registration key etc...
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-08-10 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Pretty much all decent UK suppliers will build, test and setup the machine for you. To whatever spec you want and even better it's often cheaper than buying one of their pre-assembled systems.

For example: Novatech charge you an additional £60 to build, test, configure and install whatever you need on the system. (Setting up RAID's, Pre-Installing OS + Office etc....)

Obviously though for any software you're not buying with the system you'd need to be able to provide a valid cd/registration key etc...
    Im toying with building my own machine with my brother. After looking last night I think its the best option as I can get better prices on nearly everything. If its as cheap as £60 for them to build it, I will probably get them to build it though (I thought it would be around £100+)

Cheers for giving me some ideas

Recently bought from dabs.com

I found it very cheap and fast (All the items together for next day delivery was only £13, they shipped it off 6 PM and it got to my door by 7AM the next morning). Also you can return items if they dont work in your setup, although I dont have that problem so I dont actually know what they're like when it comes down to it.

Also customer service on the phone was the best I've had in a long while from anywhere.

Highly reccomended.