Resto 2v2 Survivability

So I play with a ret pally and im often getting focused and dieing quite quickly. I have 3600 resilience with a few resilience gems but for the most part colored gems in the colored spots. Against most classes I survive for about 3 min or less unless its double dps then its about 10 sec after I lose treeform. I do pop bear but since I can't heal and hots are ticking for shit it doesn't do much. Running around works but so many classes have closers and again I can't heal.

Any advice for kiting or tips for resto pvp in general.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    what is a mate made for? say your mate to control one as soon as his CC goes off, root cyclone hibernate one while your full hot and running out of sight. travel form is usefull for that... when you cant control it because of DR switch CC and dps.

anyway as long as you will be focus your mate should be able to do a LOT of damage... plus he still can protect you with his hands...
    Last edited by mmocef1a8dafc5; 2011-08-11 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i dunno, rets aren't that good at the minute. They do have some usefulness with HoP, freedom, etc but he probably won't be able to be playing very aggressively. You'd probably be better off with a warrior or lock for control+nice damage output.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    You should try to avoid resto druid in pvp as much as possible since it right now is the worst healer of them all.

If you really REALLY want to play restodruid you will have to run some strong comps where your dps can babysit
    you as soon as you arent able to throw cc.
    Resto druid pvp is probably the most sadistic joke from blizzard in a long time. Hang in there!

I rage-disenchanted all my pvp gear a few days ago.
    no point in even trying

My advice is run with a good mage. Their toolkit of peels makes wonders. I can't think of another partner who would save me so much against being focused.

I told you you needed to roll feral and I'll go holy pally. :P

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    This. While not completely dead, rdruid is in a pretty bad shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    Silly todd

Just go holy pally and see how many people rage quit when they realize they can't kill us :P
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically if its another healer and dps make sure your dps is peeling their dps off of you. If they are a double dps, pretty much prey because they're likely going to stack on the dps and cc you.

Deleted
    resto dosnt have survivability mobility and cc he is the most perfect class imo strong in mobility and cc week on survivability thing is that the rest of the classes are not like this so resto fallls bihind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    resto dosnt have survivability mobility and cc he is the most perfect class imo strong in mobility and cc week on survivability thing is that the rest of the classes are not like this so resto fallls bihind
    First you say resto doesnt have survivability, mobility and cc and then you say its the most perfect class because of stron mobility and cc?

The only thing resto druids are strong at is CC versus melees. roots and cyclone + bash and warstomp (if you are tauren ofc) can CC a melee dps
    long enough for your dps to get a kill on the enemy healer. But that is when playing 2s and everyone knows that 2s is bullshit.

In 3s you will need to have 2 classes that can babysit the hell out of you so you are allowed to throw your crappy hots and cc.

TLDR; If you want to do serious arenas, avoid restodruid unless you have gladiator-skills and awesome teammates.

rdruid was my favorite class, however when 4.2 hit, he found himself on the bench. I play hpally right now and its pretty awesome. melee can't kill me with ~40% less dog from resil and 55% less dmg cuz of all armor. but hang in there for next patch, resto is only bad cuz they have to balance for the pve pussies. hang in there

I won't lie, resto is in worse condition, but it's not bad at all.

Here's the problem though; you're doing 2's.
    Here's the second problem; you're doing 2's with a retadin.
    Solution? Do 3's with Mage/Warlock, Mage/Spriest, Mage/Rogue.
    Or, reroll Feral and steamroll 2's with a Disc Priest.

As for survivability, get your 4k cap and figure out the proper stacking you need as a druid for secondary stats (i'd assume haste or even mastery)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    First you say resto doesnt have survivability, mobility and cc and then you say its the most perfect class because of stron mobility and cc?

The only thing resto druids are strong at is CC versus melees. roots and cyclone + bash and warstomp (if you are tauren ofc) can CC a melee dps
    long enough for your dps to get a kill on the enemy healer. But that is when playing 2s and everyone knows that 2s is bullshit.

In 3s you will need to have 2 classes that can babysit the hell out of you so you are allowed to throw your crappy hots and cc.

TLDR; If you want to do serious arenas, avoid restodruid unless you have gladiator-skills and awesome teammates.
    you need to be albert einsein to see that i type it wrong ? ok lets go again
    resto druid dont have survivability instead he got very good mobility and very good cc and THIS IS HOW ALL CLASSES SHOOULD BE strong on the x factor weak on the x factor since the game tho its complitly crap resto druid is crap
    happy now ?
    ps about your signature blizzard is very expirience company all the changes that do on every class all the things that the players see for not balance blizzard see them also and that is the point to make it unbalance cause if the game was perfect ppl would see that they cant play against some other players and after some time they should stop but now everyone is rerolling to the strongest class every time blizz takes to $ and everyone is happy 7 years game and 20 years in the game idustry i dont think that makes a company an experienced

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post

As for survivability, get your 4k cap and figure out the proper stacking you need as a druid for secondary stats (i'd assume haste or even mastery)
    3s are balance?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/misery/3v3
    t
    ell me wich class you see the most ? and tell me that 3s are balance
    Last edited by mmoc009db769c2; 2011-08-15 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    you need to be albert einsein to see that i type it wrong ? ok lets go again
    resto druid dont have survivability instead he got very good mobility and very good cc and THIS IS HOW ALL CLASSES SHOOULD BE strong on the x factor weak on the x factor since the game tho its complitly crap resto druid is crap
    happy now ?
    ps about your signature blizzard is very expirience company all the changes that do on every class all the things that the players see for not balance blizzard see them also and that is the point to make it unbalance cause if the game was perfect ppl would see that they cant play against some other players and after some time they should stop but now everyone is rerolling to the strongest class every time blizz takes to $ and everyone is happy 7 years game and 20 years in the game idustry i dont think that makes a company an experienced
    This should be my next signature seriously... with your previous signature too ofc.. that would be epic! *dream*

Well my partner, who has posted in this thread, is a RL good friend of mine so dropping him isn't an option. Would love to find a mage and do threes though droods still suck.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 05:54 PM ----------

This also what I don't get. I have All 371 or 384 except for 3 teir peices which is maybe 40 resiliance+1 shoulder enchant yet I'm only at 3600 while my partner who has slightly more gear is closer to 4k but with no resiliance gems and I have 3 or 4.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    This also what I don't get. I have All 371 or 384 except for 3 teir peices which is maybe 40 resiliance+1 shoulder enchant yet I'm only at 3600 while my partner who has slightly more gear is closer to 4k but with no resiliance gems and I have 3 or 4.
    sounds like you are using a trinket without resil on it. Which is fine, because more resil, while nice, isn't going to change the small amount of armor available to resto druids. I rarely have trouble with casters at 4k resil. I always have trouble with melee at 11kish armor, though. That is a blanket statement, but its not a lack of resil that is hindering your survivability in-game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    sounds like you are using a trinket without resil on it. Which is fine, because more resil, while nice, isn't going to change the small amount of armor available to resto druids. I rarely have trouble with casters at 4k resil. I always have trouble with melee at 11kish armor, though. That is a blanket statement, but its not a lack of resil that is hindering your survivability in-game right now.
    figured as much which is why I have been slowly adding intel gems, I have 86 resiliance available to me but I hate bgs so I dont think its worth it.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

15+ Year Old Account
    rdruids aren't bad in 2v2, it's just that ret shouldn't be playing as anything other than double dps.
    They can't peel for shit.