Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never encountered a scenario like any of these mentioned in all my time playing. Most of the confirmed females I've interacted with were skilled, level-headed players only concerned with playing the game. It's my fellow males in this game that usually end up the center of attention whoring, when the drama unfolds. Lucky me, I guess.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2011-08-11 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Fixed that for you, dear ma'am.
    Wow you even corrected his grammar mistakes! Bravo.

Either that or she's a feminist waiting for the guy to make sexual advances towards her so she can complain to her friends.
    'Feminist' does not equal 'Lesbian Man-Hater.'
    'Masculinist' does also not equal 'Patronizing Male-Superiority Sexist.'
    Everyone should be a gender-equalitarian.

4+ years of playing on WoW and I've never had the experience to see anyone hitting on someone else in-game...

10+ Year Old Account
    girls that play this game usually dont go around advertising there females, unless there after special attention, seriously i don't give a shit i want to finish this random dungeon.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my GOD pretending to be a girl in randoms is so hilarious. Usually. I don't do it often though.

My DK belf female, Extasi, gets hit on allll the time, as does my female gobber Thirteen. I don't really mind the attention. Its kind of cute until you start going, "Yes his character is a muscular athletic whatever, but his IRL is a fat 36 year old single parent hippobeast. NOW is it fun to be a girl?" and then you sort of stooop. ._.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    girls that play this game usually dont go around advertising there females, unless there after special attention, seriously i don't give a shit i want to finish this random dungeon.
    You don't HAVE to thats the problem. I never say I'm a girl. They just assume. Who am I to ruin it for them? :P

This is why you do not hit on girls in randoms, you never know what is on the other end...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny. I'm female, single, over 35 and have never been legitimately hit on by anyone in game. Jokes and snide remarks from guilds don't count. (I did say legitimately, you know.)

Then again, it might be because I'm so mean....
    Yes. That must be it.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    It probably boils down to the fact that they have Internet anonymity... I doubt that they'd be acting like that in the real world. ;-)

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 03:42 PM ----------

Nah, I doubt it, I've seen plenty of guys completely change their attitudes when they find out there is a girl in the group (or when they find out someone they perceived was a girl is actually a guy).
    If you consider how many breaks a condescending jerk of a guy will all of a sudden cut a girl as far as her habits/personality go in person, it's pretty similar. Don't think in this case anonymity would play very much into it at all.... in fact, I'd say anonymity if anything is the major cause of the opposite, where a guy is flat out derogatory to a player once she says she's female and he starts trash talking her and saying gtfo play hello kitty instead. That sort of thing he'd probably not run his mouth about in person, for fear her BF would beat his head in, but on an MMO he'll be as nasty as he wants.

---------- Post added 2011-08-12 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    LOTS of female emo brats on this game love advertising the fact that they're girls, and frequently use it to gain their raid spots/slow their guild's progress (amg no correlation there though) it's a pretty well known phenomenon in this game.

It's sad tho one of the top raiding guilds on my server disbanded because of a chick and another one because a guy was hitting on a chick. I was part of both those guilds Q_Q!

People should leave their hormones in real life and go OUT and get a REAL chick. It's not that hard as you may think >_>. Heck girls in clubs or at parties are usually free and you can always go for a work colleague.

But nooooo... people like to imagine they're getting somewhere with a fat guy roleplaying a 16year old girl in an online fantasy game.

Deleted
    g.i.r.l - Guy In Real Life

Don't hit on girls in randoms, you will regret it...
    Seriously though. Real girls that play this game wouldn't announce it, except if they have really low self-asteam and need to be complimented by random dudes on the internet. Go outside and hit on girls instead, much, much better!

I don't know why people are so outraged against this. I understand if someone is getting better treatment from another by flirting their way up and gimping others out of Loot/raids. But from what i've mostly read its more or less hate for casual flirting. Horny teenagers are bound to try flirting online since there is no facial reaction so its more comfortable and to be fair, i doubt many that are playing have active sex lives (Talking about 13-17). Though its natural for teenagers to attempt that even though its hugely unlikely it will lead anywhere. Its just a glimmer of hope if their mind that they will pop their cherry for their person, A fantasy.

I personally think its fine to casually flirt online since its not harmful if you don't give out personal details. I have female friends online i flirt with now and again. We all know its just fun. I admit, about 4 years ago i went through a phase where this random girl from Netherlands was "the one" and got dazed with false hope in a long distance relationship.

People here are acting like flirting online is a problem when the only problem is when people take that flirting and devote themselves to make a fake connection to a virtual character. Its pathetic when people try to push it into something when theres obvious signs of mistrust and sexual confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    She wanted the attention. If she didn't she wouldn't have correct you with the "*she".
    Uh, if someone referred to me as a girl I would surely tell them I'm a boy.

I mean...can't tell if serious or trolling...

I like to hit on the male Blood Elfs

(On my male Orc DK)

Deleted
    Let's face it, it's a GIRL, Guy in Real Life ;-)
    It's a shame the Arthasdksixtynine is hitting on a bloke in his mid 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    Many
    Men
    Role
    Playing (as)
    Girls

you know...

but in all seriousness i have never seen this happen. Most of my randoms are completely silent until a wipe or such
    Guy
    In
    Real
    L​ife

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursingmonk View Post

This is why you do not hit on girls in randoms, you never know what is on the other end...

"Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

You mean the GUY on the other end of your random?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    One time I was on my MALE troll hunter in a Gundrak HC, some dude must've assumed I was a girl from something gay I must have said and he was flirting with me the whole way through...Was weird.
    What if he was gay and just flirted with a lot of people? :P

If you think someone is begging for attention by correcting a mistake by another player regarding their own identity, I think you have some serious issues regarding gender equality.

I'm male and my paladin is female; I'm not seeking attention when I correct others, simply informing them of my proper gender so they can not make the mistake again in the future. A difficult concept to grasp, I'm sure, but there it is.

Now if she had started going on about being a female, I might believe she was begging for attention... but a simple correction? Not so much.