Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I do enjoy the one piece anime but in terms of manga story its either elfen lied or gantz
    Better than a lot of stories tbh... DBZ = bad guy attacks people / earth / friends, they all get beaten up, then one of them reaches the next level of supersayan or whatever and beats the crap out of the baddie. not exactly the best story in the world if i'm honest and yet it was one of the most popular animes in the world at one point. go figure

Do you mind sexual explicit anime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Better than a lot of stories tbh... DBZ = bad guy attacks people / earth / friends, they all get beaten up, then one of them reaches the next level of supersayan or whatever and beats the crap out of the baddie. not exactly the best story in the world if i'm honest and yet it was one of the most popular animes in the world at one point. go figure
    I loved it bcs of the action and super powers, I still remember playing DBZ with my brother and friends on school.
    DBZ KAI < DBZ
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

15+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty much the lifeblood of the Shonen genre.
    "I dont care if you hurt me, but i will kill you if you try and hurt my family or friends!! UNFORGIVEABLE!!!!!! etc etc etc etc"

10+ Year Old Account
    you're right much better story than dbz plus the other 2.DBz was popular at the time because there was nothing like it i was always hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonlust View Post
    Do you mind sexual explicit anime?
    I wouldn't post them if it's too bad, If you aren't sure you could ask a moderator if it's appropriate to post them. They might not know it but well...
    better to ask then getting infracted
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    I loved it bcs of the action and super powers, I still remember playing DBZ with my brother and friends on school.
    DBZ KAI < DBZ
    the original dragonball > DBZ > DB KAI
    the original DB was sweet and had a kinda fun story but with DBZ it got too serious :<

IDK if anyone's mentioned it, buy Yu Yu Hakasho is one of my personal favorites

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot a classic yu yu hakusho might seem dated but definately worth a watch.And nowyou know how bleach came about lol.

From what I've watched, and I don't consider myself an anime-attuned at all:
    Berserk
    Death Note
    Claymore
    Afro Samurai
    Gantz
    Love Hina -_-
    Steins;gate
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Battle Royale
    Dragon Ball Z
    Fairy Tail
    Trigun
    Hellsing OVA

And I highly recommend reading the manga for each one too.

I've tried getting into Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, and Clannad but I honestly can't do it, just doesn't appeal to me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baccano!
    Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls
    Darker Than Black
    and
    Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari -little explicit , OAV series, but it is definately worth watching.

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

10+ Year Old Account
    the original dragonball > DBZ > DB KAI
    the original DB was sweet and had a kinda fun story but with DBZ it got too serious :<
    DBZ kai is pretty much the same as DBZ but with better animations and without all the filler episodes.

so dbz kai < dbz

it's personal preference anyway.

edit: I know the battle royale live-action movies as i got the dvd versions here at home, didn't know there existed a mange/anime of it.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

If anyone in this thread hasn't watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica yet, do it, do it NOW! Only 12 episodes too, so it'll be a quickie. (I know I've said it already but I can't recommend it enough)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Forgot a classic yu yu hakusho might seem dated but definately worth a watch.And nowyou know how bleach came about lol.
    I personally own every season of Yu Yu Hakasho, easily one of my top 3 favs *remembers back to toonami and adult swim late at night*....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    If anyone in this thread hasn't watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica yet, do it, do it NOW! Only 12 episodes too, so it'll be a quickie. (I know I've said it already but I can't recommend it enough)
    can't be recommended enough
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    haibane renmie is also a good one along with serial experiments lain same creator so check em both out.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    I personally own every season of Yu Yu Hakasho, easily one of my top 3 favs *remembers back to toonami and adult swim late at night*....
    damn I'm jealous cannot find it anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    DBZ kai is pretty much the same as DBZ but with better animations and without all the filler episodes.

so dbz kai < dbz

it's personal preference anyway.
    what can i say? i like the classics ;P a lot ofthings get worse over time. only very few animes survive past 200 episodes. if you have a level-up scheme in your story, it will have to end or spin seriously out of control to the point where it is just stupid. DBZ and pokemon both went too far which i think is a shame. so much potential lost in bad planning and bad storytelling. to me, only the first 300 episodes of pokemon was REAL pokemon. any pokemon that wasnt in red / blue (black and white gameboy) is not a real pokemon to me

also didnt you mean DBZ KAI > DBZ? i think you got your '>' and '<' mixed up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Its pretty much the lifeblood of the Shonen genre.
    "I dont care if you hurt me, but i will kill you if you try and hurt my family or friends!! UNFORGIVEABLE!!!!!! etc etc etc etc"
    Pretty much. The one thing I do like about One Piece though is it really shows you why the crew members mean so much to each other. More so then other Shounen series. Its kinda cliche at this point, but every one of the crew had a shitty childhood (not so much Brook, but he did live totally alone for 50+ years after his whole crew was killed till he met Luffy) and really had no place to belong until they met each other. I don't know, maybe it is my extreme fandom for that series, but you can really see the bond between the characters and that is the best part of the series for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can all agree certain series need to die after they've past their prime.

This is what I have seen/am watching:

Amagami SS - 2nd series has been announced - Like it, very casual, and somewhat humorous. Recommended.

Ao no Exorcist - First season about to end I believe - Action with some comedy. Recommended.

Blood-C - Only 9 eps so far but I like it - A very dark and gory anime.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Finished, 2 season - Mecha/military anime with a good story. Recommended

Death Note - Finished - A very good thriller anime. Recommended

D.N.Angel - Finished - Been a very long time since I saw this. I recommend the manga instead of the anime.

Elfen Lied - Finished - Gory anime, with a very dark story. Recommended

Fairy Tail - Still going with +90 eps - Very funny with good fantasy action. Strongly recommended

Ghost Hunt - Finished - A anime about - you guessed it - ghost hunting! I enjoyed it.

Green Green - Finished - Ecchi comedy, hilarious. Recommended

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Finished - One of the best animes I've seen. Comedy action, with a superb story. Strongly Recommended.

Hana-Saku Iroha - 24 eps so far - A very casual, slice-of-life anime, something I watch when I don't have anything else to watch.

Hidan no Aria - Finished - A action anime with potential to become great but ended at 12 eps. Recommended.

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - Finished - Casual anime, can barely remember it.

KimiKiss Pure Rogue - Finished - Romance, slice-of-life anime with some comedy. I enjoyed it.

Kimi ni Todoke - Finished, 2 seasons - Romance-comedy, I really liked this one for some reason. Recommended

Kore wa Zombie Desuka? - Finished - A very odd action-comedy anime :P

Naruto - Finished - Not much to say, other then watch it. Can skip all the god damn fillers tho.

Naruto Shippuuden - +220 eps so far - Hate fillers but I like the Naruto story overall. Recommended.

Nurarihyon no Mago - 2nd series still going - Many don't like this one, but I recommend it. Action-comedy, swordplay. Recommended.

Nyan koi - Finished (hoping for a 2nd series) - Utterly hilarious. Pure comedy, a must see! Strongly recommended. (!)

One Piece - +510 eps and still going - Seen them all, do I need to say more? Pirate anime with an awsome story and great comedy. Strongly recommended.

Samurai Deeper Kyou - Finished - Recommend the manga instead of the anime.

School Days - Finished - Uhm.. Wierd? Let's - just say, if you watch this, you won't ever forget it. Psychological anime.

Steins;Gate - +20 eps still airing - Only seen a few, but seems to be good.

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Finished - I like it, wish I had seen it in Japanese tho. Recommended.
    Last edited by ejfimp; 2011-09-12 at 12:59 AM.