Thread: Windows 8 Bug

Windows 8 Bug

So i bought a new computer with windows 8 already installed and for some reason every time I log on to my computer after turning it on, it tells me to reactivate windows 8. Anyone know any way to fix this? It's getting annoying having to control-alt-delete and end the task just to reach desktop and it pops up like 5 times a day.

Edit - Yes the windows 8 is already activated and working but this nuisance persists.

I heard about this bug back during Preview, there was some type of reg edit that could be done, back from Windows 7 that works with Win 8 as well it seems that helps fix the issue. May have to look around for it though.

If it continues, you should have a return policy from that store, if you spent a few bucks on that PC you may just want to build a fresh PC from scratch instead.

As far as I know Windows 8 doesn't pop anything up to ask you to activate. It just leaves a watermark in the bottom right corner. Unless of course it's different for RTM Enterprise version which I am running vs Pro/Home

What task are you ending?
    Last edited by The Cat; 2012-11-19 at 08:31 PM.

The task is just called Pc settings and the first 3 days the computer would randomly shut off while i was downloading and playing WoW. I think I'm just gonna take Fedelesa's advice and just send it back and ask them to fix the problems. I love the computer and all but if it's already deteriorating mine as well get it fixed while it's free.