http://www.twitch.tv/carthh_ws

watching high level dungeons, i can't believe this game is set to release in less than a month. every boss, every dungeon has at least 3+ gamebreaking bugs that force you to relog multiple times, bosses hitting you harder than they should, bosses bugging and not attacking back, party members disappearing during fights...the list goes on.

i've even seen them spend 1 hour on a dungeon only to have the last boss completely bug rendering the entire run useless.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/carthh_ws

watching high level dungeons, i can't believe this game is set to release in less than a month. every boss, every dungeon has at least 3+ gamebreaking bugs that force you to relog multiple times, bosses hitting you harder than they should, bosses bugging and not attacking back, party members disappearing during fights...the list goes on.

i've even seen them spend 1 hour on a dungeon only to have the last boss completely bug rendering the entire run useless.
    Not Really. I have watched them for a while. They do a lot of mistakes. They are not doing well Relative to what you're supposed to do.

It is the norm, really. If you have played MMOs you'll know precisely what I'm talking about: The person who dies and immediately blames bugs, exploits, lag, dc -- when they really just, well, suck.

Also, read "your" Socrates quote, LOL. The irony.
    Last edited by Algore; 2014-05-15 at 10:24 PM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having such difficulties choosing what race/faction I wanna play... I really, really like the Aurin. But the Exiles are the boring faction. Exile humans, Aurin, Cassian.
    The Dominion really is the much more interesting faction. But, Aurin.... nnnggh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Join the fuzzy siiiiide.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Join the fuzzy siiiiide.
    You mean the Chua, right?
    Also about the Aurin, I would rather play a character with a textureless cube model then play an Aurin. They are currently my second most hated race in all the MMOs I have played after the Elin in Tera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    You mean the Chua, right?
    Chua aren't fuzzy. I hear if you touch one, you explode. Into like, ten thousand little bits.

I don't mind Aurin. I'd prefer a full-on beast race (Draaaaken) but they're on the wrong faction.

I also like the super-hippie mindset. Tauren in WoW, Aurin in WS. Seems a likely transition for me.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-05-15 at 10:34 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Chua aren't fuzzy. I hear if you touch one, you explode. Into like, ten thousand little bits.
    That's literally Michael Bay's definition of fuzzy.

I don't mind Aurin. I'd prefer a full-on beast race (Draaaaken) but they're on the wrong faction.
    I joke, the Aurin aren't that bad. But needless to say:
    GLORY TO THE DOMINION! DEATH TO THE HIPPIE SQUATTERS!
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-05-15 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joke, they aren't that bad. But needless to say:
    GLORY TO THE DOMINION! DEATH TO THE HIPPIE SQUATTERS!
    You hurt me. You wound me, sir.

Here, let's hug it out. -fuzzy wuzzy auwin cuddewz-

(Really though, I am not the kind of fuzzy wuzzy person I imagine they want Aurin to be and my already-planned RP persona is a pretty aloof, bitter dude who wants to murder the fuck out of some rats for tearing him away from his planet. You can make a toon anything you want with imagination! xD)

You want something that's impossible. You can't replicate your first MMO experience (or your first experience of anything for that matter). Wildstar could be absolutely flawless in every possibly imaginable way and it wouldn't give you that experience. There are only 2 possibilities to get a similar experience that I can think of:
    1) A new technological or game design breakthrough like for example full-blown virtual reality
    2) Amnesia
    So true.....nothing will top the feeling of loading up a night elf on the NE starting island back in classic being my first experience with MMO's and thinking they were lame to getting hooked for the next several years from that first minute of awesomeness. People are still looking for it but with so many other MMO's being released since then it wont come back. Wildstar definetly shows great promise tho and had me more hooked than any of the recent post wow MMO's.

My biggest concern, at least gameplay wise, is healing. Though I've only seen medic healing and is aiming seems interesting the real issue will be the position of your party members. I cannot imagine random grouping being successful. At least not without daunting queue times after the large amount of "its too hard" players leave.

I get that's sort of the games thing, challenge, but with that I fear not enough players staying subbed to give enough revenue for "quick" content design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    My biggest concern, at least gameplay wise, is healing. Though I've only seen medic healing and is aiming seems interesting the real issue will be the position of your party members. I cannot imagine random grouping being successful. At least not without daunting queue times after the large amount of "its too hard" players leave.

I get that's sort of the games thing, challenge, but with that I fear not enough players staying subbed to give enough revenue for "quick" content design.
    My experience with queuing randoms as a tank (only a few randoms, for what it's worth) is that if your healer fucks up a bit, it's natural. You should expect wipes. Trying to be a compassionate person to your healer is very important because of how important positioning is - don't be an ass as the tank, and don't stand way in the corner as a ranged DPS, that sort of thing.

If you get grouped with a bunch of stupid people, you will fail. Multiple reasons why, though. They will stand away from your healer and not get heals, they won't interrupt when you need them to, they won't manage adds correctly, they won't stack right - but that's just dumb players in general. YOu can never avoid dumb players in an MMO, unfortunately - just try to teach them. If they refuse to learn, kick and move on.

The thing about WS's dungeons is the concepts are not hard, the execution just takes coordination. If you have a healthy group effort, the bosses will die. That's been my experience so far.

Edit: And anyway, normal modes at least: they are not so hard that one dead DPS will screw you completely. I have 4manned KV, STL, and SC on normal mode (The first 3 dungeons.)
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-05-15 at 11:09 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post

Friendly telegraphs are turned on by default I think. Other people will see your heals and if they stay out of them, they can only blame themselves. Also, dungeons are fairly punishing, so they have to learn fast. It's not really that complicated anyway, lots of abilities have relatively short range so people should be pretty close to enemies. Just need to yell at ... espers, I think? Whatever class is that random guy who seems to stay at huge range and cast something while stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Not Really. I have watched them for a while. They do a lot of mistakes. They are not doing well Relative to what you're supposed to do.

It is the norm, really. If you have played MMOs you'll know precisely what I'm talking about: The person who dies and immediately blames bugs, exploits, lag, dc -- when they really just, well, suck.

Also, read "your" Socrates quote, LOL. The irony.
    I do believe you're talking out of your ass.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...dcore-raiding/

It's not the 'norm' to blame the game when you die, that's what scrubs do. These are NOT scrubs, they are veteran W* players with a lot of experience. The bugs are also very apparent, even for the viewer. It's not like they're looking for a scapegoat when they die. You can clearly see the bugs happening, players disappearing on screen, bosses just standing around not hitting back, etc.

And as for they make a lot of mistakes, they purposely wipe on occasional bosses to practice the fight. I think you're a little confused.

EDIT: grats, you read my quote and tried to insult me with something that makes no sense. You're just trying to get in shots
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick stupid question: how do I install addons in this game?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by arukas; 2014-05-15 at 11:34 PM.
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I do believe you're talking out of your ass.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...dcore-raiding/

It's not the 'norm' to blame the game when you die, that's what scrubs do. These are NOT scrubs, they are veteran W* players with a lot of experience. The bugs are also very apparent, even for the viewer. It's not like they're looking for a scapegoat when they die. You can clearly see the bugs happening, players disappearing on screen, bosses just standing around not hitting back, etc.

And as for they make a lot of mistakes, they purposely wipe on occasional bosses to practice the fight. I think you're a little confused.

EDIT: grats, you read my quote and tried to insult me with something that makes no sense. You're just trying to get in shots
    I dont think they understand that you meant the dungeons are veteran dungeons. The vet dungeons are very buggy as you have said, most players arent able to do them yet so they probably thought you meant normals. Have to remember also the pro-player white knights are going to be out in full force so dont let them get to you.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2014-05-15 at 11:30 PM.

haha, i can't but help at people who claim they quit the game at or before level 3, because it's too boring! haha, good riddance buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    haha, i can't but help at people who claim they quit the game at or before level 3, because it's too boring! haha, good riddance buddies!
    Well to be honest, the leveling is very bland but I do agree that lvl 3 isnt even a decent example of the game. Hopefully more will try to play to 20-30 then give a judgement. The game does actually get better and better the higher level you are.

I managed to get to level 9 before I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I dont think they understand that you meant the dungeons are veteran dungeons. The vet dungeons are very buggy as you have said, most players arent able to do them yet so they probably thought you meant normals. Have to remember also the pro-player white knights are going to be out in full force so dont let them get to you.
    ah, i figured people who speak so abrasively have some level of intellect. thanks +1

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You can sadly thank SWTOR for that

I don't think most people will do it. There will be a few people who bother to do it but I'd be surprised if most do.
    Yeah one of the guys cited that, saying he kicked himself for not doing it when he lost his name due to being merged. The same thing happened to me but I didn't care since I was quitting at the time. I didn't even bother to rename the character I just uninstalled.