Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I wouldn't look too deeply into pvp at the lower levels. It won't be balanced, all that matters is the balance at lvl 50.
    Yeah but the balance generally sticks all the way to max level. I haven't played any MMO where a class that is weak at low levels becomes great at top level and viceversa. There are changes in the balance and the difference may not end up as huge as it was at low levels, but the balance is generally the same. Classes that are OP at low levels end up strong and max and classes that are weak at low levels end up decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I'd say join me on Warbringer but you're EU. D:
    Hey, that's my server! /shoo
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

1) The company won't suffer. WoW wasn't suffering when it sold out hardcore.
    have you played mmos that came out before wow?

the main reason wow was so succesful was because it was super casual and easy compared to other mmos. they sold out hardcores from day one, they just continued doing so over time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah, but after playing 8 years together... it's not easy to go separate ways.

So is it a disliking for the game or are they just not able to pull away from their prior engagements?

Deleted
    So is it a disliking for the game or are they just not able to pull away from their prior engagements?
    They're fanboys of their respective games, it's hard to break away when you're a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you played mmos that came out before wow?

the main reason wow was so succesful was because it was super casual and easy compared to other mmos. they sold out hardcores from day one, they just continued doing so over time
    What they did is got rid of a lot of the tedium. There comes a point where things are so tedious they stop being fun. WoW did away with a lot of it but they didn't water everything down to the point of obscurity initially.

Now they have. Again, you could almost make a browser based "Farmville" version of the game and get about the same results for what people seem to be wanting these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say join me on Warbringer but you're EU. D:

Yeah, people are pretty lame in all honesty. Hence why I stopped relying on friends and family to join me if I truly love a game enough. Time to make new ones, you know?

You'd think they'd at least man up until WoD when they'll actually have some new content. Pretty pathetic.
    I wouldn't say they are pathetic , but ya, it shows how brainwashed people have become when they rather go to a game that has 0 new content since september, and looking at another 4 to 5 months, than play a brand new game, even if it is only the free month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I wouldn't say they are pathetic , but ya, it shows how brainwashed people have become when they rather go to a game that has 0 new content since september, and looking at another 4 to 5 months, than play a brand new game, even if it is only the free month.
    Well, they are more of PvP players, so lack of content won't disturb then.

Just smashing arena over, and over, and over. And me? I prefer PvE, going back there just go smash Garrosh over and over? Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    O_o As a Horde player, I've never sen them really advertised as evil until Garrosh came along.

Then again, I played WC3 back in the day, and so got used to what Thrall's Horde had come to represent. A faction of exiles and outcasts looking to carve out their own home, and struggling to leave behind a troubled past.
    pretty much every time a horde character shows up in an advert with the exception of the tauren they are always going "RAWWWWWR" and beating their chests or doing something evily and magical and theres always fire everywhere and ruined buildings and whatnot.

the same is true of almost every other game.

sure when you get into the game you see that both sides are grey and yadda yadda yadda but for marketing purposes people are stupid and people wanna see a good side and a bad side because people tend to fall into two groups, the ones who wanna be the super heroes and the ones who wanna be the super villains.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    WoW is a pretty serious addiction. Even when I quit, I wanted to go back and got urges every now and then, and had to keep telling myself all i'd be doing is farming timeless isle and killing Garrosh for another 6 months

Well, they are more of PvP players, so lack of content won't disturb then.

Just smashing arena over, and over, and over. And me? I prefer PvE, going back there just go smash Garrosh over and over? Ugh...
    That still makes little sense even for them considering no new tiers and such.

I'd rather play Wildstar for the month, PvP hardcore, and give it a fair chance. But that's what happens. People are so obsessive and become so comfortable in a given environment they can't bear to let it go.

A friend of mine is like that. He'll get super, super good at a game and even if exhausted on it will have difficulty going to another game because he cannot stand starting from the ground floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could customize spell effects, like the old City of Heroes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

What they did is got rid of a lot of the tedium. There comes a point where things are so tedious they stop being fun. WoW did away with a lot of it but they didn't water everything down to the point of obscurity initially.

Now they have. Again, you could almost make a browser based "Farmville" version of the game and get about the same results for what people seem to be wanting these days.
    this just isnt true. vanilla was easy and casual as shit. no death penalties, people didnt take your shit when they killed you, you didnt have to group up with people just to do simple quests, quests actually gave decent xp and rewards, raid sizes were way smaller, attunements werent as long, raids and dungeons were easier, the world was also super well done.

then bc came along and made everything even more casual but unfortunately bc was a piece of shit with the crappiest storyline of all time and bastardized versions of fan favorite characters and retcons everywhere

then wrath comes along makes it even more casual but makes the story way better

that cata comes out tries to be a bit hardcore at first but that doesnt work out so they quickly go back to making it more casual and the story isnt as good but its still better than bc

then mists is more casual in a way but in other ways a little bit more hardcore and more time consuming and doesnt really know what it wants to be but the story is fucking fantastic so who cares

then wod comes and is like acid trip ridiculous, the gameplays looks great but the storyline is just retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    WoW is a pretty serious addiction. Even when I quit, I wanted to go back and got urges every now and then, and had to keep telling myself all i'd be doing is farming timeless isle and killing Garrosh for another 6 months
    At one point when I wanted to go to WoW break, it took me about 1½-2 months before I was able to stop thinking about going back there, even tho I knew that there'd still be nothing but plain AFK'ing in Stormwind City or Shrine.

Wasn't fun.

Well healing is such a pain as spellsinger cause of this damn line of sight thing.. is esper healing the same?
    I can't imagine that raid healing will be fun if u have to stay at the very end of your raid to be able to heal everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Well healing is such a pain as spellsinger cause of this damn line of sight thing.. is esper healing the same?
    I can't imagine that raid healing will be fun if u have to stay at the very end of your raid to be able to heal everyone..
    spellslingers can heal?

how the hell do space cowboys heal people?

10+ Year Old Account
    At one point when I wanted to go to WoW break, it took me about 1½-2 months before I was able to stop thinking about going back there, even tho I knew that there'd still be nothing but plain AFK'ing in Stormwind City or Shrine.

Wasn't fun.
    It gets easier. Took me over a year before i was so bored that i returned. I managed a whole month and change before i was like "why did i come back?" . Its been 7 months since , not a single fuck over that game given. I may get tempted into playing WoD. But then again i get tempted to buy every single MMO out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) The company won't suffer. WoW wasn't suffering when it sold out hardcore.

2) There are other things for people to do in this game besides raiding. If mom and pop really want to enjoy Wildstar, they best not expect to raid unless they're willing to deal with the requirements and difficulty of it.

3) Why is it okay for people to change MY playstyle and force the game around THEM but when I get annoyed by the dumbing down of certain features I ENJOY all the sudden I am being unfair? Reality check; I'm not. It's a lame ass attempt to make me into a villain when I am nothing more than someone enjoying a given product and trying to save said product from needless alteration.

I could easily put that back on your shoulders or anyone else who'd dare make alterations to something that doesn't need it to begin with. There are dozens of more games out there that provide what you're looking for, yet you insist on coming to this one and demanding conformity?

4) Clearly they do think like that because I am pretty sure they've expressed they're not altering raids to suit anything less than hardcore players. Which means that attunements likely aren't going anytime soon either. They've added content and features that are NOT raiding just for alternative desires.

So please, go find another game by all means because they didn't pamper and powder your ass.
    Thats all fine and good, but if they cant get enough subs willing to play it hardcore, they will be forced to go more casual. If no mmo can keep subs being hardcore, then maybe hardcore people are dying out. We will see how it fairs though.

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't fun.
    C'mon, quitting caffeine is harder than quitting WoW for a bit. Unless you're a gleader or rleader, quitting WoW for a bit is pretty damn easy.

As for Wildstar, can't really afford to play another MMO with a raiding endgame to be honest, so I'm playing Hearthstone and Tera while waiting for WoD and EQ3.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this just isnt true. vanilla was easy and casual as shit. no death penalties, people didnt take your shit when they killed you, you didnt have to group up with people just to do simple quests, quests actually gave decent xp and rewards, raid sizes were way smaller, attunements werent as long, raids and dungeons were easier, the world was also super well done.

then bc came along and made everything even more casual but unfortunately bc was a piece of shit with the crappiest storyline of all time and bastardized versions of fan favorite characters and retcons everywhere

then wrath comes along makes it even more casual but makes the story way better

that cata comes out tries to be a bit hardcore at first but that doesnt work out so they quickly go back to making it more casual and the story isnt as good but its still better than bc

then mists is more casual in a way but in other ways a little bit more hardcore and more time consuming and doesnt really know what it wants to be but the story is fucking fantastic so who cares

then wod comes and is like acid trip ridiculous, the gameplays looks great but the storyline is just retarded
    TBC is often regarded as the best expansion for a reason and it's likely because of a more proper blend between hardcore and casual. It didn't forsake one for the other but was rather more intelligent in its overall design.

However, since WotLK and on it's progressively gotten more and more casual friendly with a momentary blip from Cata. At this point I find the game in its current state a severe disappointment and a great reflection of what happens when you try to appease casual players. Raiding should go back to being exclusively a hardcore scene and Blizzard should stop being lazy asshats and actually create content for players BESIDES raiding to help legitimize such a move.

That's the reason they're forced to simplify the game so much is all you have to really do endgame is raiding. They could probably keep a great deal of their casual subs by adding in more alternative material and maybe even bring back old players by making raids more focused and meaningful.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2014-06-02 at 11:25 PM.