10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just had a horrible thought about healing in this game.

Raid frames.....

how I hate staring at those fucking things. Neverwinter did a horrible job of nameplates so trying to heal via nameplates in that game is annoying as hell.
    What way would you heal then? Raid frames or name plates or ????
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Raid frames.....

how I hate staring at those fucking things. Neverwinter did a horrible job of nameplates so trying to heal via nameplates in that game is annoying as hell.
    Firefall has one of the best systems for dealing with that.
    You can call for a medic and a large + (red cross) symbol appears over your head. So, as long as people are being mindful of their HP or a healer is paying attention to the fight around them, the healer, dragonfly, can preform it's job amazingly.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    What way would you heal then? Raid frames or name plates or ????
    I prefer name plates. TERA did this well. What I meant is neverwinter failed at nameplates and it makes healing a bitch.

But it doesn't really matter in neverwinter since everything is mostly aoe based anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Firefall has one of the best systems for dealing with that.
    You can call for a medic and a large + (red cross) symbol appears over your head. So, as long as people are being mindful of their HP or a healer is paying attention to the fight around them, the healer, dragonfly, can preform it's job amazingly.
    30 people screaming medic in a raid.. yeah no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    30 people screaming medic in a raid.. yeah no thanks.
    Sounds like 28 of those people need to get better at using dodge.

Just let them die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer name plates. TERA did this well. What I meant is neverwinter failed at nameplates and it makes healing a bitch.

But it doesn't really matter in neverwinter since everything is mostly aoe based anyway.
    True, I think Tera did a pretty good job with that. I would hope Wildstar does something similar. Haven't seen much on healing specifically yet.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    lots of aoe telegraphs, alt tabbing for auto aiming.. raid frames fading for out of range players. healing should be easy enough imo.. actually looking forward to being one (unless they have a pet class )

Just let them die.
    Heavy runecloth bandages or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    True, I think Tera did a pretty good job with that. I would hope Wildstar does something similar. Haven't seen much on healing specifically yet.
    We know there is healing orbs

>.>

Like people ever use those.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 07:06 PM ----------

lots of aoe telegraphs, alt tabbing for auto aiming.. raid frames fading for out of range players. healing should be easy enough imo.. actually looking forward to being one (unless they have a pet class )
    Engineer might be the only chance for a pet class atm. With summoning gadgets. If they have them that is.

Deleted
    what if its raid wide DoT for 10 mins..

Then they had better bunch up for aoe heals.

Fools better learn to die and run back.

Deleted
    Then they had better bunch up for aoe heals.
    exactly.. zero need for shouting medic. they have said positioning is very important in the game and so it should be. range fader and a quick look around you is all a healer should need imo.

exactly.. zero need for shouting medic. they have said positioning is very important in the game and so it should be. range fader and a quick look around you is all a healer should need imo.
    And what about fights that don't have something like that? if Steve doesn't dodge the aoe cleave and loses most of his hp and you are looking into a crowd of about 39 players, Steve should have the ability to make himself more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Because in wow, some specs like sub rogues, feral druids, unholy dks or enhancement shamans, have a lot of shit going on. Short duration buffs, short duration debuffs, rotations AND needing to watch your resources and pool energy (where applicable). This makes up for a very tedious gameplay where you spend more time managing your class than you do managing the opponent, if you can even pay attention to all that stuff at the same time. And then comes the part where the keyboard setup that you are used to just can't hold all the necessary keybinds.
    You keep track by using addons like this and a mouse like this, makes it somewhat easier.

Deleted
    And what about fights that don't have something like that? if Steve doesn't dodge the aoe cleave and loses most of his hp and you are looking into a crowd of about 39 players, Steve should have the ability to make himself more visible.
    he does.. talking on vent.

Deleted
    Just to add to the discussion about nameplates vs "help by medic X" and such.
    How do you think they'd make the nameplates work with 40man raids? Don't you think it'd be like a huge mess? Or do you mean the nameplates with lowest health should be shown in front of others?

Deleted

Raid frames.....

There is leaked information about Healers being Skill aim based. Rather than clicking Raidframes you have to aim at your teammates to heal them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    There is leaked information about Healers being Skill aim based, rather than using Radframes you have to aim at your teammates to heal them.
    Guessing healers also have telegraph moves where they aoe heal a lot.