Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Wow we must of really hit a bone if you have to dedicate several dozen pages to being the only person who has to protect the 'hardcore' content from all of us dirty casuals, no wonder you are a hardcore if you have this much time to dedicate to an unaffiliated forum thread and so much time dedicated to insulting people you deem beneath you. You are a fine example of your community. We must of really gotten under your skin.
    Of course he has. I feel like replying too. Attacking people's views on the game and calling it wrong isn't going to get us anywhere. Not to mention, we're now taking information from a persons BLOG, a FREAKING BLOG!!! Have people become insane and just post nothing but BLOGS just to insinuate and prove that the game is going to go down the dumps? Why do I feel like this is going to go back to the days of WoW 40 man reducing to the 25 man and everyone posting the DnT blog on how bad the community will be and how the game will be destroyed in a couple of months after launch of TBC. Its bad enough we're going from Xfire and Twitch to information, but now people are resorting to blogs <_<. Cupcaking Christ.

If the game does fail and go f2p? Good. It was a bad decision from the start to allow a sub based MMO in this year and time when WoW is king for a reason. Especially when WoD is building tons of hype. B2P would have been perfect for them. Having tons of cosmetic features, and including raids would have been best.

This cupcaking forum man . People get infracted for getting too angry at what some people say, and yet we have people who won't shut up about the whole hardcore and xfire crap...

Quote Originally Posted by FattGuy View Post
    Of course he has. I feel like replying too. Attacking people's views on the game and calling it wrong isn't going to get us anywhere. Not to mention, we're now taking information from a persons BLOG, a FREAKING BLOG!!! Have people become insane and just post nothing but BLOGS just to insinuate and prove that the game is going to go down the dumps? Why do I feel like this is going to go back to the days of WoW 40 man reducing to the 25 man and everyone posting the DnT blog on how bad the community will be and how the game will be destroyed in a couple of months after launch of TBC. Its bad enough we're going from Xfire and Twitch to information, but now people are resorting to blogs <_<. Cupcaking Christ.

If the game does fail and go f2p? Good. It was a bad decision from the start to allow a sub based MMO in this year and time when WoW is king for a reason. Especially when WoD is building tons of hype. B2P would have been perfect for them. Having tons of cosmetic features, and including raids would have been best.

This cupcaking forum man . People get infracted for getting too angry at what some people say, and yet we have people who won't shut up about the whole hardcore and xfire crap...
    There is nothing wrong with disagreement unless someone has to be insulting to the person they are disagreeing with, and when someone goes around calling people damned dirty casuals then the conversation will naturally degenerate. We are causual raiders, we enjoy this content, we have mad respect for it and we dedicate as much time to it as we can, we are not the enemy. The attunement was poorly designed and does nothing that it says it does except making the only real content in the game exclusive. Sorry that Dailies, housing and PVP don't count as content for the majority of us and a hardcore might have to deal with seeing a few more people wearing their same dress to the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    People calling the entire attunement easy but simply annoying and as it's the game fault for adding timers. Sounds like excuses to me. I'm not saying it is hard for me as i knew the dungeons before heading into live.

People calling the raid content buggy, without even being raiding. Second hand information is just that second hand info, You'll barely see any bugs for the first three bosses, you got some bugs that got introduced again with the latest patch.

Last i read the game was doing well as a sub game, they intended to start out small they said that all along and their credd system seems to be doing the trick just fine, F2P isn't the answer to everything, especially not with the plethora of nickle and dime practices around in the industry, some folks like to pay one fee and know they never have to pay more then that to get "all content access"

Twitch folk jump on whatever game is more popular and it's rather obvious that WoW beta views will generate more views then content that has already been shown several hundred times by streamers.

Xfire, raptor and what not are sample of samples, You can't even say that look at it percentage wise how Wildstar evolves, as not everyone uses it and nowhere is there any basis to assume that because xfire population dropped this is going to correspond directly to how many people stopped playing overall.
    Only games you can use such numbers of is from steam and with steam only games.

My realm is considered low to med pop, it being ravenous. However since recently we are actually having competition on world bosses from within both the exile and the other dominion faction. We still get frequently apps in a few a week even, what means there's room for growth for a guild that doesn't require you to sacrifice your social life to raid, what is a good sign. As it shows despite hazak transfers the realm is growning not shrinking.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    [...] Attacking people's views on the game and calling it wrong isn't going to get us anywhere. [...]
    I think you're replying to the wrong person here. If you, through some miracle, read the posts here, you'd see that only Anarch needs to throw insults around (he's jealous of our jealousy or something). It's all fun and games until you call people insane, stupid, etc. for having a different opinion. Then you are fun and games, get ridiculed and rightfully so.

You have made valid points, we got them. But I don't believe anyone thought these indicators would be a strong sign of things to come. Quote from Bovinity Divinity:
    "It's hardly scientific or anything, but it almost certainly means SOMETHING."
    Why do you freak out over that??

Edit: Excuses, you say? What's your excuse for not reading these posts? They didn't complain that the "entire attunement [was] easy but simply annoying and as it's the game fault for adding timers". They complained that it had a lot of unnecessary grind (e.g. world bosses) and had little to do with actual raiding.

Whatever, they (Anarch and FattGuy) probably can't read anymore after hardcore-ing 24/7 for almost 2 months. Boubouille have mercy on their souls.
    Last edited by mmoc3d54d38601; 2014-07-26 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You guys should really look up the definition of, "Excuses" if you're going to keep saying it.

So you're saying the first boss of Datascape ISN'T bugged? (I won't even go into the "intentionally bugged" claim from Anarch!)
    It is making excuses, as these dungeons require some time to learn depending on your groups "skill level", It's the same as people going "yeah i could make a million bucks, but meh i just can't be arsed!" basically all the "i could've done that but meh" type of responses are excuses, that simple really. Not sure why this is even a discussion point cause if we replaced wildstar and attunement with anything else in such a response, everyone would simply go "yeah right, keep telling yourself that".

I suppose reading is hard when you are intentionally looking for disagreements, I said the first three encounters aren't, what implies that i didn't deny the current state of DS but merely was commenting on others that went that the raid content was bugged that aren't even raiding.

You should read what you quote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reliefpfeiler View Post
    I think you're replying to the wrong person here. If you, through some miracle, read the posts here, you'd see that only Anarch needs to throw insults around (he's jealous of our jealousy or something). It's all fun and games until you call people insane, stupid, etc. for having a different opinion. Then you are fun and games, get ridiculed and rightfully so.

You have made valid points, we got them. But I don't believe anyone thought these indicators would be a strong sign of things to come. Quote from Bovinity Divinity:
    "It's hardly scientific or anything, but it almost certainly means SOMETHING."
    Why do you freak out over that??

Edit: Excuses, you say? What's your excuse for not reading these posts? They didn't complain that the "entire attunement [was] easy but simply annoying and as it's the game fault for adding timers". They complained that it had a lot of unnecessary grind (e.g. world bosses) and had little to do with actual raiding.

Whatever, they (Anarch and FattGuy) probably can't read anymore after hardcore-ing 24/7 for almost 2 months. Boubouille have mercy on their souls.
    If disagreements become heated there hardly ever is one person to blame, takes two to start a fight.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I didn't say any of that, I simply choose to not participate in the system because it's not appealing to me. I never said anything about how awesome I'd be, I simply said I don't want to do it.

No one said anything about the "first three bosses" though. So I guess that's nice that they're not bugged, but no one said they were, so you're arguing against something that no one said. Also, I don't have to raid to call a bugged boss bugged, so repeating that over and over doesn't make it true either.
    Hey, whatever floats your boat

I was speaking of the notion that the raid content is bugged in general and people hopping on that bandwagon without even raiding it to be a rather baseless claim to make.

But as mentioned before this all appears disagreeing for the sake of keeping an endless discussion going, so have fun
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    It takes two to start a fight but it takes one person to insult others because of different opinions.
    Also, for the 1438th time, it's not about the dungeons but the whole package: Levelling? "You're supposed to learn how to play here". Attunement? "JK, it's here". JK, it has little to do with raiding. Oh, well, let's wade through and learn everything inside the raid.
    They (Carbine) could have done it so much better than their competition, yet they didn't, because hardcore. That's what this fuss is all about. They should learn.

PS: There is a difference between "yeah i could make a million bucks, but meh i just can't be arsed!" and "This road is full of ****. I will only use it after it's cleaned up."

I don't really think its a necessarily bad decision to do a sub mmo now days but I do think for Wildstar, having their "F2P" portion(Credd) locked behind a paywall of purchasing the game and possibly 1-2 months of sub time to get the money for Credd is a bad idea that has limited their playerbase. If purchasing the game gave some good unlocks for the game like playable Luminai and/or other perks and anyone could play till like lvl 20 or time based like 2-3 free months without a sub or Credd they would gain and retain alot more players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reliefpfeiler View Post
    It takes two to start a fight but it takes one person to insult others because of different opinions.
    Also, for the 1438th time, it's not about the dungeons but the whole package: Levelling? "You're supposed to learn how to play here". Attunement? "JK, it's here". JK, it has little to do with raiding. Oh, well, let's wade through and learn everything inside the raid.
    They (Carbine) could have done it so much better than their competition, yet they didn't, because hardcore. That's what this fuss is all about. They should learn.

PS: There is a difference between "yeah i could make a million bucks, but meh i just can't be arsed!" and "This road is full of ****. I will only use it after it's cleaned up."
    Leveling doesn't take long, leveling as shown in previous games doesn't teach you much or anything at all due to how quick the process is. They believed it would most of us did actually but it still shows that people are completely clueless regards interrupts and MoO, what is why they are now adding in a dungeon at level 10 to "fix that".

Even if leveling did teach more, it doesn't do anything to learn you how to play in a group, with how positional based wildstar is that is rather important. Regards to healing as that copies over into raids as in fex: Don't stand on top of your tank soaking his heals, don't stand way of range or line of healing. Moving the learning process to raids is what lead to issues in WoW, people should learn how to play before they enter a raid, now could the attunement do things better, probably.

The only process that really takes long and makes no sense, if we consider it all the light of how their itemization should've ended up as in crafted items not suppose to being BiS until DS for some slots. is the world boss part and they already stated that won't be redone again.

The process is however not near as stretched out as some make it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but if the entirety of the 40-man content is currently inaccessible due to a broken boss, that's true no matter who is saying it. Breaking out the, "Pah, you don't even raid, peasant, don't speak." kind of attitude about something that's factually true only goes to reinforce the image that certain people are just acting like the standard MMO douches.
    I am breaking out the "don't comment on things you don't know about", nowhere in my post was i condescending so what are you talking about willis?
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Acidbaron: I agree that the whole process doesn't take very long. But if it's not meant for learning, its sole purpose just implodes.
    And to all those people saying that it is too short to learn how to play: A complete newbie can do that in < 2 hours. Add some flavor and maybe you're at 5 hours. That's still a rather far cry from the > ~100 hours it takes for a completely new player to get through all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Twitch folk jump on whatever game is more popular and it's rather obvious that WoW beta views will generate more views then content that has already been shown several hundred times by streamers.
    It's not just "WoW beta views"

As of 12:19 PST, here's the list of games ahead of Wildstar on Twitch (using viewer count): LoL, Minecraft, CS, Hearthstone, Tabletop Simulator, DOTA2, ARMA 3, World of Tanks, WoW, Super Smash Bros, Magic: The Gathering, FIFA 14, StarCraft II, Destiny, DayZ, Smite, Call of Duty: Ghosts, RuneScape, The Hidden: Source, Dark Souls II, The Walking Dead, Slaves to Armok, Don't Starve, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Pokemon X/Y, Clash of Clans, Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 4, Cook, Serve, Delicious, Super Mario Sunshine, Watch_Dogs, Heroes of the Storm, Path of Exile, Metroid: Zero Mission, The Kingdom of Loathing, Unturned, The Binding of Isaac, Grand Theft Auto V, Ibb & Obb, Team Fortress 2, Town of Salem, Chrono Trigger, Fallout: New Vegas, Lineage II, Kerbal Space Program, Firefall, Payday 2, Heroes of Newerth, Halo 3, BlazBlue, ArcheAge, Age of Empires II, Chrossfire, Final Fantasy IX, MUGEN, Chess, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Under Night In-Birth, Oddworld: Abe's Oddeyes, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Bros 3, Madden NFL 25, Sid Meier's Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, Prime World, The Legend of Zelda, Crypter of the NecroDancer, War Thunder, Starcraft, Europa Universalis IV, TOME: Immortal Arena, and Ocarina of Time.

http://i.imgur.com/MANDsXy.jpg

At least more people are watching WildStar than MapleStory.

Almost no one watches WildStar on Twitch. It's literally bottom of the barrel unless Towelliee (a WoW streamer) plays it.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Speaking of Twitch, what's up with Kungen and Nihilum?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm not even sure I would play it if it goes F2P

GW2, Firefall and PoE is satisfying all my needs now, I just need a sandbox...
    Between Firefall, Warframe, Neverwinter, and Vindictus, I too am pretty set.

I was doing some gen 2 raiding for a while but it just got so boring after a while (again). Given that this game seems to be highly focused on 1 type of content and gating that content behind grinds that are unrelated to that content mode, I think I am going to just stick with gen 3 stuff for the time being.

edit: But you do bring up a good point... I should play more PoE.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Speaking of Twitch, what's up with Kungen and Nihilum?
    I think the guild is still going.. Rikhh still streams raids on Twitch. I'll speak as an viewer of the stream.. as only Kungen can speak for himself. But it looked like he was frustrated with how end game PVE was progressing. He stepped back to let people gear up and I don't think he returned. He focusses on Hearthstone now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    It's not just "WoW beta views"

As of 12:19 PST, here's the list of games ahead of Wildstar on Twitch (using viewer count): LoL, Minecraft, CS, Hearthstone, Tabletop Simulator, DOTA2, ARMA 3, World of Tanks, WoW, Super Smash Bros, Magic: The Gathering, FIFA 14, StarCraft II, Destiny, DayZ, Smite, Call of Duty: Ghosts, RuneScape, The Hidden: Source, Dark Souls II, The Walking Dead, Slaves to Armok, Don't Starve, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Pokemon X/Y, Clash of Clans, Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 4, Cook, Serve, Delicious, Super Mario Sunshine, Watch_Dogs, Heroes of the Storm, Path of Exile, Metroid: Zero Mission, The Kingdom of Loathing, Unturned, The Binding of Isaac, Grand Theft Auto V, Ibb & Obb, Team Fortress 2, Town of Salem, Chrono Trigger, Fallout: New Vegas, Lineage II, Kerbal Space Program, Firefall, Payday 2, Heroes of Newerth, Halo 3, BlazBlue, ArcheAge, Age of Empires II, Chrossfire, Final Fantasy IX, MUGEN, Chess, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Under Night In-Birth, Oddworld: Abe's Oddeyes, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Bros 3, Madden NFL 25, Sid Meier's Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, Prime World, The Legend of Zelda, Crypter of the NecroDancer, War Thunder, Starcraft, Europa Universalis IV, TOME: Immortal Arena, and Ocarina of Time.

http://i.imgur.com/MANDsXy.jpg

At least more people are watching WildStar than MapleStory.

Almost no one watches WildStar on Twitch. It's literally bottom of the barrel unless Towelliee (a WoW streamer) plays it.
    Does that mean players who like wildstar are playing the game, and those watching the other games can't be arsed to play them ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Does that mean players who like wildstar are playing the game, and those watching the other games can't be arsed to play them ?

Yes, because the top viewed games (LoL, Counter-Strike and Hearthstone at the moment) have very few players compared to Wildstar. /s

twitch/raptr/xfire are not accurate ways to determine the population or activity of games. These things represent self-promotion of the player/caster.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    twitch/raptr/xfire are not accurate ways to determine the population or activity of games. These things represent self-promotion of the player/caster.
    Doesn't know how samples and estimates work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Between Firefall, Warframe, Neverwinter, and Vindictus, I too am pretty set.

I was doing some gen 2 raiding for a while but it just got so boring after a while (again). Given that this game seems to be highly focused on 1 type of content and gating that content behind grinds that are unrelated to that content mode, I think I am going to just stick with gen 3 stuff for the time being.

edit: But you do bring up a good point... I should play more PoE.
    I agree - the F2P market is REALLY attractive right now.

Tera, Aion, War Thunder, World of Tanks, Tom Clancy's Phantoms, Warframe, Rift, Neverwinter, GW2 (ok, it's a buy once), AirMech, Path of Exile - there is just so much friggin' variety - it's awesome - and it's darn good stuff too.

With ArcheAge coming out, a sandbox "style" will there too.

I wish Vindictus wasn't region locked - I have to sub to a vpn in order to play it.

Hmm the problem with the free to play method is that its risky, and honestly feels shallow to a gamer like myself. It relies on people who are actually willing to spend money while the majority don't spend anything. I have a friend who played a free to play moba game for 5 hours, dished our $40 for its cosmetic, and stopped playing after a couple days. It was successful for him. Now compare it to an MMORPG. According to one of the WS guys, he claimed being f2p would only get a couple consumers to dish out possible $100 per month vs the majority that won't.