Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Zito & Tekkomo: Your opinions are easily ignored by me since you have no experience with Wildstar's raidcontent and possibly also little or few experience with WoW heroic content compared to me. There is no chance in hell that anyone that progressed through Wildstar's raidcontent will claim it was easier than WoWs.

Not. A. Chance. In. Hell.

Find a different subject, because you're not going to win this one or convince anyone but some folks who already carry an extreme pro-WoW bias.
    Your opinion is wrong

*insert reasons*

I can do this all day till it slaps you up side the head.

Infracted. -Marthenil
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-09-01 at 01:45 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I would say things like healing in wildstar is more challenging as you need to take a different approach to it also regarding heal setup.
    We can agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Want to get back into this game.

Bought it in June, tried to play it for a week, apparently my AMD graphics card cannot play it.
    They then released a patch for the game a little bit after to improve AMD FPS, I tried it and still didnt work.

Can anyone say if framerates have gotten better?
    Did you try disabling filter in video from the game? and forcing them from gfx panel?
    I feel it works better. you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But people just can't resist bringing up 'that game' to bash it while trying to praise Wildstar. It doesn't matter if the features are completely different in design and scope, let's trash it in comparison anyways! Wildstar's housing is phenomenal. It has even better functionality than Rift, a little bit more purpose, and that's great. They are the pinnacle of free form housing design in MMOs right now. SWTOR's new hook housing is the best of that system I've ever seen. Other than systems which have grown outdated due to age, I don't really see bad features in MMOs in general....mostly just players who don't understand the design intention of said feature.
    Man, thats my point exactly.

-I like how ppl tend to play as the "MMO charts expert" in this thread (and of every other new mmo thread), it's like you had a semester or more in -development, research and marketing in MMOs-
    Last edited by shimargh; 2014-09-01 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I would not comment on the difficulty of WS raiding unless you've properly played it yourself. There is no chance in hell that WS raiddifficulty is lower than WoW's. You're never going to convince me or anyone who raided in Wildstar about this. Bottomline? Wildstar is more hardcore, both in content difficulty and in timesinks and attunements.
    Wildstar raiding is easier than heroic WoW raiding. As someone in a top 5 guild in both games, I can say this with ease. I move out of stuff and interrupt -- it's not rocket science.

YMMV, of course. Some of us are more skilled than others.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Wildstar raiding is easier than heroic WoW raiding. As someone in a top 5 guild in both games, I can say this with ease. I move out of stuff and interrupt -- it's not rocket science.

You are correct...it is easier. And do you know why? Because of how well the game communicates to the player. It's something I said a long time ago in beta, that having these clear telegraphs is better communication than just showing a rendered spell effect. It's easier for people to grasp an understanding of the fight simply by seeing it. In other games part of the difficulty is researching the fight online, reading in game menus for spell effects, etc. You aren't going to just see what to do from playing. I think Wildstar got that part right.

Difficulty shouldn't be about lack of knowledge, but performing with knowledge. There's a learning curve once that transparent system is developed and in time I think Wildstar could develop the same level of technical difficulty other games have while maintaining the great communication to the player. We will see. Saying it is easier to me is just a compliment to a successful design. Like I said about housing, seems people simply don't understand the intention of the designs.

In this case it's partially Carbine's fault b/c their 'hardcore' mantra can easily brainwash people to look past the intentions and assume it's more difficult and that is a measure of quality when in fact it's the opposite in all regards.
    BAD WOLF

You are correct...it is easier. And do you know why? Because of how well the game communicates to the player. It's something I said a long time ago in beta, that having these clear telegraphs is better communication than just showing a rendered spell effect. It's easier for people to grasp an understanding of the fight simply by seeing it. In other games part of the difficulty is researching the fight online, reading in game menus for spell effects, etc. You aren't going to just see what to do from playing. I think Wildstar got that part right.

Difficulty shouldn't be about lack of knowledge, but performing with knowledge. There's a learning curve once that transparent system is developed and in time I think Wildstar could develop the same level of technical difficulty other games have while maintaining the great communication to the player. We will see. Saying it is easier to me is just a compliment to a successful design. Like I said about housing, seems people simply don't understand the intention of the designs.

In this case it's partially Carbine's fault b/c their 'hardcore' mantra can easily brainwash people to look past the intentions and assume it's more difficult and that is a measure of quality when in fact it's the opposite in all regards.
    Exactly. It's a GREAT system and feels like a 3D platformer. Unfortunately, some people don't play games other than MMOs, and think these systems are 'new and hardcore'... when in reality, I've been dodging, moving, and interrupting bosses since PS1/N64.

I can't wait until they increase the technical difficulty, there's so much wiggle room to play with.

10+ Year Old Account

Telegraphs aren't the hard point of any fight though, they are just there to deal with increasing the amount of movement needing during the fight and keep you interactive without going turret/faceroll mode. It does allow for quicker communication but it's not like in WoW it's hard to spot them they change a bit in terms of looks.

They have room to improve the difficulty of several fights and they will as they move forward as the person in charge created some of the better raiding encounters in EQ2.

The only thing they need to be wary about is increasing the length of fights further.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for confirming, I always thought their obvious telegraphs would make it easier. DPS rotations are easy and so is interrupting, spamming your free ability almost all of the time does not make it fast paced hard combat.

I can actually see healing being harder in 5 mans than raids.

Raiding does not take an MMO degree. If comparing wow heroics to 20/40 mans in wildstar they are roughly on par with each other as far as difficulty. Yes, Ive cleared 20 man in Wildstar and currently in 40 mans and I finished HSoO in March as well as all other heroic content in wow.

Telegraphs aren't the hard point of any fight though, they are just there to deal with increasing the amount of movement needing during the fight and keep you interactive without going turret/faceroll mode. It does allow for quicker communication but it's not like in WoW it's hard to spot them they change a bit in terms of looks.
    Can you tell us what's difficult about the fights if it isn't moving out of stuff?

Pretty much everyone that raids or raided in Wildstar will confirm that the content feels harder because there is more emphasis on individual execution, that and the combat is also a lot faster paced and the fights thus feel more intense, whereas in WoW it feels a lot slower with a lot more room for reaction time, or even much easier/slower DPS cycles.
    Can you elaborate on this more specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Can you tell us what's difficult about the fights if it isn't moving out of stuff?
    Interrupting.

Can you elaborate on this more specifically?
    Everyone has to interrupt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Raiding does not take an MMO degree. If comparing wow heroics to 20/40 mans in wildstar they are roughly on par with each other as far as difficulty. Yes, Ive cleared 20 man in Wildstar and currently in 40 mans and I finished HSoO in March as well as all other heroic content in wow.
    grats

soon we will have 10 posters than can actually play the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    grats

soon we will have 10 posters than can actually play the game
    You mean the entire Wildstar playerbase will be posting here?
    Last edited by mmoce7493ee1db; 2014-09-01 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    You mean the entire Wildstar playerbase will be posting here?
    Daaaaaaaaumn

10+ Year Old Account
    Zito & Tekkomo: Your opinions are easily ignored by me since you have no experience with Wildstar's raidcontent and possibly also little or few experience with WoW heroic content compared to me. There is no chance in hell that anyone that progressed through Wildstar's raidcontent will claim it was easier than WoWs.

Not. A. Chance. In. Hell.

Find a different subject, because you're not going to win this one or convince anyone but some folks who already carry an extreme pro-WoW bias.
    Lol.... you have no idea what you are talking about do you?

I wonder why Acidbaron and anarch find it so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I found some of the vet dungeons to be very difficult. I mean, Stormtalon actually has a legit party killer mechanic and it happens when your members don't interupt on time. I can only assume raids are also difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    I wonder why Acidbaron and anarch find it so hard.
    I wonder why people give credit to a random poster claiming to have done things.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Coordination and margin of error combined with length of fight, soft enrages and no combat resurrections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Are you calling Anarch out?
    I already called anarchy out to simply list his things, same as i'm pretty much telling anyone who claims something to back them up.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Coordination and margin of error combined with length of fight, soft enrages and no combat resurrections.
    Can you be more specific? "coordination and margin of error" don't really say anything. Soft enrages aren't specific to Wildstar either.