Deleted
    the classes remind me of swtor.. i thought the classes in that had some pretty awesome ideas. whats not to love about shooting medical darts at people

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope the Stalker can tank well enough.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The biggest thing for me is that I get really miffed if I can't play the race/class combination I want, because it really does detract fom my enjoyment of the gameplay.
    Totally understandable...I just get reeeeally into lore when it is good and get very, very angry when I see contrived notions or things that go against the norm in a cheesy way. I'm also not a fan of homogenization. Those two things compete very strongly against wanting as open an experience for all players as possible.

I mean they could totally redesign spell names/graphics for robots to use technology to accomplish the same purpose as a magic spell, but I think having limitations is a part (maybe a small part) in really shaping the lore of a world.

I think a lot of old school MMO players want to go back to some of the iconic things that weren't so detrimental from vanilla wow, while still having a modern game. I don't think this is entirely what these devs are aiming for, or I wouldn't be trying to get into it, but it does have some flashes of that flavor. Much like you can see early Blizzard concepts in Torchlight done very well.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I do hope the Stalker can tank well enough.
    Rogue tanks in Rift are actually pretty amazing and fun to play. I was very glad to see that this game will have a similar concept.
    BAD WOLF

I'm a bit confused, and maybe someone can help me out, is this going to be a traditional party setup where you have a tank, healer and a couple DPS? It seems like their mob telegraphing system points to more dodging of mechanics than having a traditional soaker and healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mix of nostalgic and unique is what I'm hoping for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    I'm a bit confused, and maybe someone can help me out, is this going to be a traditional party setup where you have a tank, healer and a couple DPS? It seems like their mob telegraphing system points to more dodging of mechanics than having a traditional soaker and healer.
    well if a tank cant move he knows when to pop a cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    well if a tank cant move he knows when to pop a cd.
    True. I'm just wondering if standard party makeup will still apply.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:14 PM ----------

I'm answering my own question I think, but it looks like the developers plan on having something like traditional roles. Looking at the warrior, it lists both DPS (strength) and Tank (Technology) specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick note about possible levels of hype. ESO has almost a million likes on its facebook page. WSO has less than twenty grand.

I really like there being a grander backstory that creates distinct reasons why X class can only be Y race. Without that, races are not much more than just different character models. If everything can be everything and lore is irrelevant, whats the point of even having races? They should instead just have highly customizable character creation.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Not sure If It's been posted yet but here's some more gameplay footage.

Not liking the race/class restrictions and 2 faction (I think 3 faction turns out better).

Suggestion to any mod who reads this...seeing as this is the only Wildstar thread, would there be a way to takeover the OP to provide relevant updates/news in the first post as it becomes available? It seems myrddinde has been inactive for some time.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Suggestion to any mod who reads this...seeing as this is the only Wildstar thread, would there be a way to takeover the OP to provide relevant updates/news in the first post as it becomes available? It seems myrddinde has been inactive for some time.
    If you want to write up a new OP, send to me via PM and I'll edit it into the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Longer video from Gamespot.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    As far as the number of classes, its still not clear if its 6 or 8 classes. One screen show 2 empty class slots but if you go here you can see there are 8 slots there.
    I don't think those two little red dots count as potential class slots. Likely just the two shadowy figures above them.

I watched that gamespot video, seems pretty interesting. Still are some things I don't like, such as their adherence to the holy trinity. But I like the more action combat (a trend that I'm glad to see mmos go towards) and even though I didn't like the wow type visuals at first it has kind of grown on me the more I see it. Plus the Firefly type humor, thumbs up there.

I'm sold on WildStar... except, is there gonna be any meaningful world PvP? Or is it just instanced gear grind (like WoW)? Because that's a pill I'm not willing to swallow anymore, regardless of how great an MMO is in other aspects.
    Last edited by Worgoblin; 2013-02-14 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I'm sold on WildStar... except, is there gonna be any meaningful world PvP? Or is it just instanced gear grind (like WoW)? Because that's a pill I'm not willing to swallow anymore, regardless of how great an MMO is in other aspects.
    I wonder if it was the pill part you edited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    they sayt they would have open-world pvp servers

I'm confused.

You choose your race, then your class. But where do paths come in? That's not really explained