Deleted
    This video is a great lore filler to the next drop....and /cry it shows the holiday event we missed near the end ( 6:46 )

So Drop 3 just 2 days before Warlords of Draenor, that's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.
    You just lost The Game

I was under the impression that Drop 3 was essentially a giant Bug Fix patch. So why are people complaining about the time it's being released?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So Drop 3 just 2 days before Warlords of Draenor, that's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.
    Knowing how things went down when SWTOR and Rift updates tried that stunt, probably not too well...

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I was under the impression that Drop 3 was essentially a giant Bug Fix patch. So why are people complaining about the time it's being released?
    Because there's still new content being released in it (an open world dungeon, for example) and even then, a giant bug fix/QoL patch is a decent, "Come check out how much we've improved things!" patch to try to bring back lapsed players.

But instead the lapsed players are going to be getting ready to jump into the biggest expansion release of the year (not to mention EQ1/2 expansions both dropping on 11/11) a few days after the patch so likely won't check it out until afterwards, if they even remember : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because there's still new content being released in it (an open world dungeon, for example) and even then, a giant bug fix/QoL patch is a decent, "Come check out how much we've improved things!" patch to try to bring back lapsed players.

But instead the lapsed players are going to be getting ready to jump into the biggest expansion release of the year (not to mention EQ1/2 expansions both dropping on 11/11) a few days after the patch so likely won't check it out until afterwards, if they even remember : /
    Considering the state of WildStar hype, I don't think most ex-players are even going to know that Drop 3 is on its way. Only a vast, vast minority of gamers keep in touch with gaming news, and even if they did know about Drop 3, it comes down to WildStar dungeon and bug fixes vs. WoW expansion.

Next week is going to be a messy week for Carbine.
    You just lost The Game

Stop thinking about it from the vantage of a former player and look at it from the point of view of a currently subscribed player, though. "Sorry, guys, we need to hold you off for another few weeks so we can try and lure in some of the people who fucked off to go play with recycled orcs." This patch has to stop the hemorrhaging so they can live long enough to fetch up new business with the Q1 patch.

Deleted
    Lets cut the what when if maybe why.....it's a wonder some posters dare step out of the door in the morning!
    If Carbine had really been into playing mind games, the drop date would have been out last week before the last subs ended, we have known for a while that drop 3 was incoming late October first 2 weeks in November...it's like I'm watching a program about Area 51 reading some of this thread!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I really don't get why people think this is a bad move. I've already explained it before, but WoD is entirely irrelevant to what they are doing. They are releasing a patch that fixes a lot of core problems with the game, but essentially providing no content. This is a QoL patch for the few remaining players they have in order to retain them so they can start developing with the future in mind.

This isn't trying to draw in players, take people from WoW, or any other crazy idea. Like I said, the sandwich van is awkward and a very bad move...this is just patching a game. No more, no less.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah I really don't get why people think this is a bad move. I've already explained it before, but WoD is entirely irrelevant to what they are doing. They are releasing a patch that fixes a lot of core problems with the game, but essentially providing no content. This is a QoL patch for the few remaining players they have in order to retain them so they can start developing with the future in mind.

This isn't trying to draw in players, take people from WoW, or any other crazy idea. Like I said, the sandwich van is awkward and a very bad move...this is just patching a game. No more, no less.
    That started off well till you got to the no content part.....

Talking about content just watched the holiday event video from the last page for the 10th time....always next year
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-11-06 at 08:26 PM.

I'm going to guess that it's because we're talking about the game in a Blizzard fan forum. Developments in any other MMORPG are naturally going to be viewed in terms of how they relate to what's going on in Blizzard's MMORPG.

There was also a lot of smacktalk from Carbine implying there was a competition. Most of the talkers of said smack are long gone, and if there was a competition it was a trouncing, but once it was framed thus, it's hard to pull it out of that frame.

Deleted
    Looks like another Datascape guild is leaving for WoD from EU Jabbit.

Guarantee those players are never coming back, no matter future changes in Wildstar .

Plus those players who did like the game and are not leaving for WoD are highly likely to leave anyway (causing in turn a cascade of players that are friends or know to consider leaving).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-11-07 at 01:04 AM.

I would totally buy a rowsdower, but yeah... lol.
    I would too! I have to say, this is something ESO is doing right, they've been releasing plushies with accompanying in game pet codes. Hell, I wish WoW would do that for stuff beyond the gryphon & windrider. Seriously, MMOs in general need more plushies. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Have they released some sub numbers already?

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Have they released some sub numbers already?
    Nope. Which means their pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    ESO is doing right, they've been releasing plushies with accompanying in game pet codes.
    Wha? ESO has pets and plushies now?
    BAD WOLF

Wha? ESO has pets and plushies now?
    And loyalty rewards.

My partner and I were both hoping that Wildstar would be in a fairly comfortable position right about now. We expected there to be a few bumps along the way but neither of us thought that the MMO would go in the direction that it did. It's something I can see myself being bitter about for quite some time since I can't help but imagine what the game would be like right about now if the problems had been addressed much earlier on and with greater efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    And loyalty rewards.
    ...is this real life? I've been biding my time to go back to that game. This is cray cray.
    BAD WOLF

...is this real life? I've been biding my time to go back to that game. This is cray cray.
    If you were subbed for 6 months (since launch), they just gave you a Dwemer pet thingy. They've been doing that for a while.