Hey thar. Back on WildStar, less on the bickering please.

Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    if it worked for the most successful MMO out there why not just copy their payment model?
    *snip due to mods.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I agree, people who hate paying $15 a month for a sub but want cash shops in F2P games so they can spend more money on useless shit doesn't make any sense to me at all
    It's more of people wanting options that they know directly affects them as a consumer. Such as buying this outfit or buying an exp boost to help level. While $15 a month doesn't guarantee anything.

and people who say that the $15 a month is useless then you're pretty stupid to think that it doesn't make the developers want to work harder to keep the subscribers they have, if it worked for the most successful MMO out there why not just copy their payment model?
    That's just wishful thinking though. let's pay them $15 a month on a game I already bought and hopefully they will keep my attention. And since WoW is losing subs it clearly wasn't working for them for a few years (in which wrath - cata and no content for a year but we already covered that remember?)

I don't like the idea of having a hybrid model that makes it F2P with a sub option that is just stupid to me as well it's like again you're paying to win at the game if you pay for the sub fee over the players who don't because obviously you will be getting substantial upgrades over someone just playing for free.
    That's just one possible outcome, like with any game in the universe period.

Hopefully they can think of a good way to not screw it up because they said they want skill to be a factor so hopefully that means no cash shop that involves any in-game benefits to PvE & PvP.
    Very few F2P games are actually pay to win, which have been blown out of proportion for all future F2P or B2P games.

However Rift has almost the perfect model, I say almost because the patron status is a bit lacking.

Im excited to see wildstar is being hybrid model (I always viewed it as the way to go in games.)

Deleted
    I don't really 'get' the spellslinger class. Is it really just a mix of a hunter and mage? Or ranged bow/gun DPS and magic DPS for anyone who gets annoyed by WoW terminology.

I hope they have some type of dark caster class. Think warlock/necromancer/shadow mage or priest. Every game needs of one those. It would be awesome with their style too, having a character look and feel a tad silly but villainy at the same time.
    Last edited by mmocff555210cb; 2013-06-04 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Im thorn, lots of promising mmos. This game feels so lighthearted in a way, not sure if its my cup of tea.

I don't really 'get' the spellslinger class. Is it really just a mix of a hunter and mage? Or ranged bow/gun DPS and magic DPS for anyone who gets annoyed by WoW terminology.
    It is a range class that shoots spells and bullets with guns. So yea kinda a fusion.

I hope they have some type of dark caster class. Think warlock/necromancer/shadow mage or priest. Every game needs of one those. It would be awesome with their style too, having a character look and feel a tad silly but villainy at the same time.
    Stalker is the closest thing to a dark class it is not a caster class though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is a range class that shoots spells and bullets with guns. So yea kinda a fusion.

Stalker is the closest thing to a dark class it is not a caster class though.
    Well spellslinger is like weird combo of mage/hunter yeah i agreed, they have traps and stuffs.
    I think Esper is like a dark caster class, they can summon illusions,pets and clones to fight the enemies.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rawrgaea View Post
    Im thorn, lots of promising mmos. This game feels so lighthearted in a way, not sure if its my cup of tea.
    Welcome! It's kinda nice that a lot of people took notice of this game lately.

I think Esper is like a dark caster class, they can summon illusions,pets and clones to fight the enemies.
    Illusions are not really dark like he was describing (he was talking more about necromancers and shit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Welcome! It's kinda nice that a lot of people took notice of this game lately.
    No! The less people interested in the game I'm interested in the better, the masses just make games crap. Unknown Taiwanese Dating RPG 8 is the best game ever.

/hipstermode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Illusions are not really dark like he was describing (he was talking more about necromancers and shit)
    I guess yeah,no like dark,brooding caster class in this game. Hey it's a light-hearted cartoony game!

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    No! The less people interested in the game I'm interested in the better, the masses just make games crap. Unknown Taiwanese Dating RPG 8 is the best game ever.

/hipstermode

"This game is too hard QQ, pls nerf"

I am really hoping that the solo / 5 man group content is nearly impossible at end game.

I really hate when the only hard content is raid content. They could easily design solo encounters that are challenging skill wise with the semi action combat they have.
    Oh, and trash pulls. So tired of trash pulls. If I am going to have to deal with tons of trash mobs, make it at least make sense. Like a gauntlet run to the bosses chambers or you get zerged by the castles defenses. This idea that we can kill 10 of them at a time while the others are like 20 yards down the hall watching and waiting for us to pull them next is utterly stupid.

Small, fast, hard content is lacking in MMOs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I do really miss difficult content in MMO's, even most of the difficult raid encounters lately seem like a simple matter of DPS vs health rather than the actual mechanics. I understand that you want your content to be accessible to the majority but they end up becoming too easy, they have to be difficult at some point for there to be any actual accomplishment for completing it besides a small stat upgrade in the form of loot. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a risk vs reward system at work but most of the time you're locked out of the content and the rewards until the appropriate level by which time it's become easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I am really hoping that the solo / 5 man group content is nearly impossible at end game.

I really hate when the only hard content is raid content. They could easily design solo encounters that are challenging skill wise with the semi action combat they have.
    Oh, and trash pulls. So tired of trash pulls. If I am going to have to deal with tons of trash mobs, make it at least make sense. Like a gauntlet run to the bosses chambers or you get zerged by the castles defenses. This idea that we can kill 10 of them at a time while the others are like 20 yards down the hall watching and waiting for us to pull them next is utterly stupid.

Small, fast, hard content is lacking in MMOs.
    This would be great! I also don't mind trash-pulls as long as they are all kind of a puzzle. Which one should be dealt with first, one needs to be interrupted, interesting mechanisms.

Forgive me for not reading 228 pages of posts but I have a few questions;

How do I get in on the game to try it? Someone in my wow guild suggested it in a facebook guil d page and I thought I would give it a try.

What is the playstyle of the game? For example in FFXI you are required to be in a group to level and in wow you can do lots of stuff by yourself and you can choose to do things in groups.
    Is it number bar based like Wow/FFXI or is it an action based game like DCUO/Tera where you can avoid damage by not being there because you flipped over the enemies back?

I’ve given the games official page a very quick browse including races and classes but there are some ‘coming soon’ images on them, are those coming soon as in before official release or coming soon as in ‘we don’t know when’ ?

Thank you.

1. Apply for beta and hope you get an invite. There should be a button on their main page to apply for beta. No way to guarantee your way into beta though.

2. It supports heavy solo play, though it does provide grouping opportunities while leveling.

3. Mixture of both. It's not purely action like Tera, but it does have a number of targeted/placed abilities and you can actively dodge attacks. Think closer to GW2 combat.

4. Before official release. They just haven't announced them yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Forgive me for not reading 228 pages of posts but I have a few questions;

How do I get in on the game to try it? Someone in my wow guild suggested it in a facebook guil d page and I thought I would give it a try.

What is the playstyle of the game? For example in FFXI you are required to be in a group to level and in wow you can do lots of stuff by yourself and you can choose to do things in groups.
    Is it number bar based like Wow/FFXI or is it an action based game like DCUO/Tera where you can avoid damage by not being there because you flipped over the enemies back?

I’ve given the games official page a very quick browse including races and classes but there are some ‘coming soon’ images on them, are those coming soon as in before official release or coming soon as in ‘we don’t know when’ ?

Thank you.
    You can sign up for closed beta on the website, not a huge amount have been invited so far though.

Seems to be quite a free playstyle, can level solo through both PvE and PvP but there's plenty of group content too.

Bit of a mixture, action combat (telegraphed abilities, dodging out of attacks etc) with a 9-button action bar.

Coming soon before the official release, within the next few weeks/months. Not been confirmed as such but the other races are believed to be Mordesh for Exile and Chua for Dominion, classes are believed to be Medic and Engineer.

*edit* Too slow

http://www.polycount.com/2013/06/03/...nd-the-scenes/

Great read about the art style and approach. They confirmed the Disney/Pixar inspiration.

THERE IS ALSO DAY/NIGHT EXAMPLES (:

10+ Year Old Account
    the talk with the whole F2P or B2P, i kinda want a pay once to play so people who buy the game will give their development a kickstart for new content, and as well a "cash shop" in only the sense of like Guild wars 2,

XP, Rep boosts speed boosts, no damage ones, and heavy cosmetic items, keep all the stuff they will have at launch and they start adding in armor looks and decorations in the home

i only say that kind of cashshop like GW2 is because of the publisher, NCsoft could tell them to do that if carbine wants them to publish their game

also on the home decorations, will the furniture be interactive? like being able to sit at chairs? would love to see that, make like a guild hall with a huge table and 20+ people sitting around it
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I just want a cash shop that has many diverse clothing items. A handful of costumes is not the way to go. I want many diffent pieces to mix and match.

Give me my virtual Barbie doll or don't even bother!