The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are being pretty scarce as it is and it's in Beta stage 2.
    Which means what exactly? That could last 2 years for all we know. They clearly don't have more information to share at this time. Better to continue giving the updates as scheduled thatn to say just kidding, no W*W today.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Which means what exactly? That could last 2 years for all we know. They clearly don't have more information to share at this time. Better to continue giving the updates as scheduled thatn to say just kidding, no W*W today.
    I'm sure more then the first zone is ready to be revealed. Maybe not to the extent of every nook and cranny but some screens and some lore maybe? I mean they are targeting a 2013 release and in beta 2 so it can't be that under devloped at this point. Hell even more on the first zone because we hardly know anything about that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hell even more on the first zone because we hardly know anything about that.
    Some people don't >.>

Better to be cautious than let disfigured cats out of the bag.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that WildStar has such a small presence at one of the year's biggest. I've heard that NCSoft doesn't like E3 or something but it still seems odd to me they didn't at least shoot for a bigger splash. Hopefully this isn't all they are releasing but if it is? /shrug
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I heard about this game a while ago, but I didn't really look into it until about a week ago. So far I'm really impressed. It looks awesome and I'm very excited for more information!

Anyway, I read the Game Jam post, and this caught my attention:

Let’s look at Expeditions. Expeditions are scaled dungeons available via your housing plot. The scope of an Expedition is constrained, amounting to roughly 15 minutes of concentrated gameplay. The story is on the minimal side, the content is devoid of exterior context, there are no quests and the playable space is relatively small. It’s quite a different beast than the typical content piece which focuses on telling a fairly grand story that lasts hours, spans large swaths of terrain and involves fighting numerous different creatures along the way.
    These remind me an awful lot of Scenarios in WoW. If I'm understanding the scope of their whole post, are they saying they can churn one of these out in 8 hours? If so, that is incredible and puts the WoW dev team to shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    These remind me an awful lot of Scenarios in WoW. If I'm understanding the scope of their whole post, are they saying they can churn one of these out in 8 hours? If so, that is incredible and puts the WoW dev team to shame.
    Yep, Wildstar sure promises A LOT of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm surprised that WildStar has such a small presence at one of the year's biggest. I've heard that NCSoft doesn't like E3 or something but it still seems odd to me they didn't at least shoot for a bigger splash. Hopefully this isn't all they are releasing but if it is? /shrug
    I'm hoping for more soon, but not holding my breath. Sometimes companies like releasing stuff on their own, outside of E3, but considering how much attention is going on during E3 (pretty much gamers all over the world are paying attention to this week), you'd think they would say something a bit more. Eh i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I heard about this game a while ago, but I didn't really look into it until about a week ago. So far I'm really impressed. It looks awesome and I'm very excited for more information!

Anyway, I read the Game Jam post, and this caught my attention:

Sounds like torchlight dungeon generator. It not realy hard to do it but blizzard engine is outdated and i think they cant do that.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I think that stress test where the servers died must have set Carbine back a lot. They have gone silent since then.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Sometimes it's good to break things and learn from your mistakes.

Its not really to learn from the mistakes, its just to figure out what they need to fix. Better doing it now than when the game is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I think that stress test where the servers died must have set Carbine back a lot. They have gone silent since then.
    There was a subsequent stress test, after they fixed the previous problems where the servers did not break, and further stress tests already scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    There was a subsequent stress test, after they fixed the previous problems where the servers did not break, and further stress tests already scheduled.
    Yep. They've just dialed back the number they invite by a lot.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    You know your life is boring and empty when the dull WW ruins your whole week. Sigh... time to go fist fight geese at the park. Where's Charlie Sheen? I need a referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    You know your life is boring and empty when the dull WW ruins your whole week. Sigh... time to go fist fight geese at the park. Where's Charlie Sheen? I need a referee.
    You don't wanna fight geese. They fight back, and they don't fight fair. Don't ask how I know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's something to look forward to tomorrow then...
    https://twitter.com/garygannon/statu...09593124024321

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Well there's something to look forward to tomorrow then...
    https://twitter.com/garygannon/statu...09593124024321
    WOOOT! Something to look forward to! I guess I won't be making the goslings down at the park orphans after all!

Here's a pretty funny E3 demo review on Massively about WildStar. The person's impressions were negative on the game (he thought it was more of the same for questing and thought the combat controls were subpar among other things) but the thread is hilarious.
    To people white-knighting a game they've never played, to people jumping to conclusions on calling the game DOA on release because of one bad review, to the a couple of mods having to defend the review, to Carbine having to rush into the thread for damage control, it's had it all.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-06-13 at 04:03 AM.

It was just an opinion piece, and it was really just about the demo. His biggest complaints were about the controls (and not being able to customize them in the demo). Not sure why people were so up in arms about it. So what if one person doesn't particularly like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care much about the article, but I do find it hilarious that he bitched about having to kill things. Can't really get angry over it though. Perhaps the controls actually were shit? /shrug
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-06-13 at 04:12 AM.