Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Admin?

/thirtytenwhatevertheamountofcharactersis

Edit: I know it's a stupid question, up there with turn it off then on again, but still worth asking
    Haha yeah I've tried that too it just seems like luck over here if it starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Just uninstalled. I really wanted to give this game a fair go. Got to level 10, bunch of healing gear all set up, spent 30 minutes trying to log in because of endless loading screen then back to character select and I load into the dungeon and bam booted back to character select.

So after day 1 crap, day 2 my character being stuck for an entire day with support closing my ticket(s) as solved when it fucking wasn't and day 3 crap combined with carbine themselves (they can go to hell imo) I won't touch this game again.
    You could just ignore the game (like I'm mostly doing, only level 8 atm) until it becomes more stable. Its not going anywhere and you haven't spent money on it yet (I assume) so I'm not seeing a big deal personally.

They're not getting any money form me until things settle down though. Gonna sub for a month, but the pet and a mount later on.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    So lay down the basics for me while i await an ideal time to log on;

US Entity. How's the population and each side?
    Tanks. How do they play, how desired are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post

Entity, highest pop server NA.
    Tanks are very desired since they are required. The playstyle is similar to other tanks in MMOs, you generate threat with abilities and have abilities that help you sustain damage.

Each tanking class(Warrior, Engie, Stalker) have different play styles, I personally find the warrior to be the most interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got past the loading screen boss. Man, they took all the good parts of the Dominion arkship out :/ The, albeit easy, danger room. The interrogation at the start to make sure you're "Dominion" etc. I mean, I like that they are shorter, but I think it went a little too far for Dominion

Edit: Just as I say that, get stuck behind it again for Crimson Isle. At least I got my daily login
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2015-10-03 at 07:15 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    Question! Since I've recently grown used to the leveling style of games like Guild Wars 2, this just popped in my head this morning... Is there any point to go to lower level maps once you're done with them, or more like, done with one of them? As in... Well... I'm only in the second area on my highest level character, but since you're presented with the option of going to two places, I've just rolled with the one I'm sent off to. I assume there isn't anything similar to level scaling and whatnot, which means I'm also assuming there actually isn't much use for going to the other area you passed on once you get to the area for the next levels? Eh... I hope someone grasped what I'm trying to ask, too early in the morning for me and coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Oh. And still waiting for a response on my ticket about my missing character and the items that vanished along with her. I really want my cutesy hoverboard, so I hope it's at least possible to get another copy of that, even if the character is lost... Otherwise I pretty much lost all the extra stuff I got from the reward box for owning a bought copy of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Question! Since I've recently grown used to the leveling style of games like Guild Wars 2, this just popped in my head this morning... Is there any point to go to lower level maps once you're done with them, or more like, done with one of them? As in... Well... I'm only in the second area on my highest level character, but since you're presented with the option of going to two places, I've just rolled with the one I'm sent off to. I assume there isn't anything similar to level scaling and whatnot, which means I'm also assuming there actually isn't much use for going to the other area you passed on once you get to the area for the next levels? Eh... I hope someone grasped what I'm trying to ask, too early in the morning for me and coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Oh. And still waiting for a response on my ticket about my missing character and the items that vanished along with her. I really want my cutesy hoverboard, so I hope it's at least possible to get another copy of that, even if the character is lost... Otherwise I pretty much lost all the extra stuff I got from the reward box for owning a bought copy of the game.
    There is level scaling but it's not automatic like GW2, it's more of an optional social feature in WS.

You can "mentor down" to a low level groupmember so it requires at least a party of 2 to use.
    It is helpful for keeping playing with friends that you outleveled and still get full xp, not trivialize monsters but not much use as a max level character.
    There's also automatic scale down for instanced content.

Deleted
    WS post about new servers..

Anyhoe, I`ve been nagged into trying this game by a guildie & may give it a shot in a month or four.
    I`m not a fan of the mass of particles in clips that I`ve seen though, especially as not only could I not see who the healer was aiming at, but not even the healer itself lol. (it was some short char`, load of yellow things flying all over). Is there a way to turn down/change transparency on these things?

I`m a PvPest, so things like this matter to me big time.

For any PvPers, how is the PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Don't worry servers will be fine when people start leaving , AGAIN.
    Well that's the only way things will get better lol. Their "mega" server has and always will be a non mega server. ESO has a mega server, WS servers are on par with one WoW server.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I mean come on, how could I resist those eyes
    -snip-
    Your character looks mentally retarded.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-10-03 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    There is level scaling but it's not automatic like GW2, it's more of an optional social feature in WS.

You can "mentor down" to a low level groupmember so it requires at least a party of 2 to use.
    It is helpful for keeping playing with friends that you outleveled and still get full xp, not trivialize monsters but not much use as a max level character.
    There's also automatic scale down for instanced content.
    I'm not high enough to access anything besides, uh... Adventures (?) at the moment, but I do intend to try dungeons and all the other stuff once I'm the right level.

So if I understood correctly, there's no point in going back to lower level areas if you're playing solo? As I just started, I don't really have anyone to play with... Guess I'll just continue my journey based on the game's suggestions. ^^

So if I understood correctly, there's no point in going back to lower level areas if you're playing solo?
    In terms of rewards or appropriately challenging gameplay I'd say you're exactly right.

Only reason to go back to lower level areas solo would be for completionism (exploration, challenges, crafting or path dailies, achievement hunting in general)

But expect things to be trivial and it's not something I would recommend a new player to do, just enjoy your journey up in the most fun way and you can make a different choice of leveling path on an alt or tag along a low level friend on another opportunity.

Edit: This is a mostly up to date list of instances (except the newest Drop6/f2p additions)
    http://wildstaronline.wikia.com/wiki/Instances_by_level

Edit2: This might be a better resource for instance (still not up to date with Drop6)
    http://gaming.elijaa.org/2015/02/wil...nces-by-level/

And an overall useful resource is at http://wildstar-core.com/f2p-guide/
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2015-10-03 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well F2P seems to be in Beta, so can't try it out yet. I wonder if I'll actually be able to log in and see other players around..

No different than the wow community

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm finding the community to be laughable. I made a comment in chat about how I was miffed that my original character got deleted. What followed was about 5 minutes of morons going "GOD the fucking complaining in this game is ridiculous!" "STFU noob and just play the game" "Complain complain complain, is that all you fuckers can do?" "This negativity is the reason I left WoW, please don't bring it to WS, kthx"

Like, seriously? This happened literally any time someone said something even remotely negative, even if they weren't saying it in a bitchy manner. Like, one guy was saying that since he had purchased the CE back when it launched, he should've received some sort of comp when it went F2P. I bought the CE as well. It again was followed by the above comments, and more. It's like, someone says something 'bad', and then it's returned tenfold in extreme negativity and name calling. And oh boy, the people complaining about the lag were getting it too.

Now, the lag HAS been pretty bad. I'm not sure why they thought one of each type of server was going to be even remotely useful at 'launch' of F2P. I seriously wonder why major MMO companies, especially ones that are made up of people who have worked on OTHER MMOs, don't learn from the others' mistakes.

I want to like this game I really do. So far I have enjoyed myself but Carbine is being more arrogant then blizzard.

Here is my tip to Carbine: You can't be as arrogant as Blizzard, You don't have as much money as them lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm finding the community to be laughable. I made a comment in chat about how I was miffed that my original character got deleted. What followed was about 5 minutes of morons going "GOD the fucking complaining in this game is ridiculous!" "STFU noob and just play the game" "Complain complain complain, is that all you fuckers can do?" "This negativity is the reason I left WoW, please don't bring it to WS, kthx"

Like, seriously? This happened literally any time someone said something even remotely negative, even if they weren't saying it in a bitchy manner. Like, one guy was saying that since he had purchased the CE back when it launched, he should've received some sort of comp when it went F2P. I bought the CE as well. It again was followed by the above comments, and more. It's like, someone says something 'bad', and then it's returned tenfold in extreme negativity and name calling. And oh boy, the people complaining about the lag were getting it too.

Now, the lag HAS been pretty bad. I'm not sure why they thought one of each type of server was going to be even remotely useful at 'launch' of F2P. I seriously wonder why major MMO companies, especially ones that are made up of people who have worked on OTHER MMOs, don't learn from the others' mistakes.
    If you complain anywhere online does not have to be a game and get unwanted feedback. Here's a thing how about you learn to understand to not everybody ever will think the same way you do online on an open format.

If it happened on multiple places perhaps it has something to do with you being a whiner? Weird i know thinking it might be you and not the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

finding stuff can give you pets since the F2P reboot i believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post

Keeping threat is a thing in this game, you need to be more aware of abilities since getting hit by things makes you die easy regardless if tank or not, healing people is harder in this game so when you screw up your team suffers.

Last but not least, there are no combat rezzes in this game, i repeat no combat rezzes. You die, your team wipes period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    WS post about new servers..

Anyhoe, I`ve been nagged into trying this game by a guildie & may give it a shot in a month or four.
    I`m not a fan of the mass of particles in clips that I`ve seen though, especially as not only could I not see who the healer was aiming at, but not even the healer itself lol. (it was some short char`, load of yellow things flying all over). Is there a way to turn down/change transparency on these things?

I`m a PvPest, so things like this matter to me big time.

For any PvPers, how is the PvP?
    pvp is great...and yes you can turn down, turn off or even change the colour of many effects

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not high enough to access anything besides, uh... Adventures (?) at the moment, but I do intend to try dungeons and all the other stuff once I'm the right level.

So if I understood correctly, there's no point in going back to lower level areas if you're playing solo? As I just started, I don't really have anyone to play with... Guess I'll just continue my journey based on the game's suggestions. ^^
    just make sure you do the solo instances and the level 10 dungeon

Deleted
    pvp is great...and yes you can turn down, turn off or even change the colour of many effects
    I know no games has great balance, but how is this one?
    Also, will I need to PvE to gear for PvP or did they do it right?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you complain anywhere online does not have to be a game and get unwanted feedback. Here's a thing how about you learn to understand to not everybody ever will think the same way you do online on an open format.

If it happened on multiple places perhaps it has something to do with you being a whiner? Weird i know thinking it might be you and not the rest of the world.
    Wildstar has by far the most toxic community I've seen. Yes it's worse than WoW. It's worse than release SWTOR. You see it in the game, any zone, you see it in the forums. Denying is is silly.

The complete farce of a relaunch didn't help matters either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Wildstar has by far the most toxic community I've seen. Yes it's worse than WoW. It's worse than release SWTOR. You see it in the game, any zone, you see it in the forums. Denying is is silly.

The complete farce of a relaunch didn't help matters either.
    Making it seem one online community is worse than another is the only thing that is silly, your experience will vary in online play. I invite you to go to the official WoW forums and merely look up for what reasons people get kicked from groups to give a simple example of how 'toxic' any community can be.

I personally find people that cannot handle online comments to be those of a fragile ego or mind and should merely grow some thicker skin since once they grow up and get in real life situations being offended so easily can produce quite a few problems in their mature life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Edit: This is a mostly up to date list of instances (except the newest Drop6/f2p additions)
    http://wildstaronline.wikia.com/wiki/Instances_by_level

Edit2: This might be a better resource for instance (still not up to date with Drop6)
    http://gaming.elijaa.org/2015/02/wil...nces-by-level/

And an overall useful resource is at http://wildstar-core.com/f2p-guide/
    AH! These will definitely come in handy! Thank you very much! Even though I'm not a F2P-player but rather a new player to the game altogether, these will definitely clear some things up for me nonetheless! :3

just make sure you do the solo instances and the level 10 dungeon
    Are these solo instances thes, uhh... Shiphands? At least one of the guides titles some of these things that way, and from what I gathered it could be what you meant. They definitely seem interesting and worth the try! I like these kind of little challenges. Just gotta read up on them a little bit and, um... actually figure out how and where to initiate them.
    (EDIT: Oh wait, nope. There's actual solo instances as well... Hmm... Guess I got some more reading up to do. I'm so confused about the vast amount of information and possibilities right now...)

Welp, overall I've really enjoyed the game so far. I swear I keep saying this everytime I come to this thread... I finally decided to go with my original plan and level an Esper since support still hasn't responded to my issue with the original Esper vanishing. And my gosh, I'm LOVING this! The playstyle feels really familiar to me, and I suspect that this is the class I will mostly be playing. Besides, I always lean towards healers and Esper healing seems pretty nifty. Just have to wait and see if I still feel the same way once I've actually tried healing some group challenges...
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2015-10-03 at 03:53 PM.