7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can personally think what you want. The fact remains it was a toxic mess where people who tried to express valid concerns/criticism were dumped on or dismissed for it. An unhealthy community. Now I'm not saying it's Wildstar exclusive I know of plenty MMOs that have it but it was noticeable in Wildstar. You realise this whole facade of "Game is great lalalala I'm right your wrong" only hurts the game yes? The moment you pass off criticism of a game as hating is the moment your community takes the big nosedive. Especially in a community as small as Wildstar.
    That was partly the developers fault btw. They advertised the game as a return to hardcore MMO's. They basically said in so many words "If you're casual, we don't want you you filthy scrub, go away. Hardcore players only." That obviously backfired hard. Because they attracted the type of people that caused the community issues you speak of.

I'm not saying the game was bad, but the elitism that went into its development was pretty nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah no Multi que is broken. Redmoon Horror could be something big but it won't be, nor will it be marketed at all. Because Carbine knows nothing of Pr. Why dont you do me a favor, give me one legit complaint you have with Wildstar right now in it's current state.
    Lack of consistent communication I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey, We are on the front page top forum thingy.

Just a reminder Wildstar is free to play on steam

Game is updated at a fair pace, and has a healthy community these days. Come on back or try for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    Lack of consistent communication I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey, We are on the front page top forum thingy.

Just a reminder Wildstar is free to play on steam

Game is updated at a fair pace, and has a healthy community these days. Come on back or try for the first time
    No it really doesn't. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it really doesn't. Please stop.
    eh, its not so bad anymore, people are often really nice to new players because we kind of REALLY need them. Nexus chat was a shithole when it first came out, but has settled.

In short. Community in Wildstar is now just a standard mmo community, not as elitist as it use to be, not as entitled as other games, but still rather annoying and can be toxic depending on whos online (theres this one pvper whos fucking annoying) Really the pvp players are only real toxic part these days

QUE FOR BGS QUE FOR BGS QUE FOR BGS AHHHHHHH

Although that random steam plug was...stupid
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-11-27 at 12:54 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Its not dead. The servers are online, and there are enough players to enjoy the game with, so not dead

Oh, and the community was never bad, outside of elitist and tryhards which are in ever mmorpg.
    Did you make that account just to defend Wildstar on a mostly dead thread? Or what was the motivation there.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Did ministabber get banned and made a new account as wildbark?

Deleted
    eh, its not so bad anymore, people are often really nice to new players because we kind of REALLY need them. Nexus chat was a shithole when it first came out, but has settled.

In short. Community in Wildstar is now just a standard mmo community, not as elitist as it use to be, not as entitled as other games, but still rather annoying and can be toxic depending on whos online (theres this one pvper whos fucking annoying) Really the pvp players are only real toxic part these days

QUE FOR BGS QUE FOR BGS QUE FOR BGS AHHHHHHH

Although that random steam plug was...stupid
    Well, bg queues are usually long, doesn't pop at all off peak hours. So people try to get others to queue, can't blame them for that and I don't see what is toxic about it. I am a casual pvper and played since a bit before f2p-launch, and even though I'm by no way pro I have been welcomed into guilds on former pvp server Luminai and then on Jabbit. Lots of friendly players that have been helping out. I can only say warm things about pvp community, at least on EU dominion side. I don't know if exile is having worse behaviour, but generally it also feels like exile has less pvp players and could perhaps be because they are not as warm and welcoming as dominion? However, if asking for people to queue for bgs means being toxic... I don't know what to say to that :P In other games I see people spamming for guild members and looking for raid members and even if I'm not interested in participating I sure wouldn't say they behaved in any toxic way :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, bg queues are usually long, doesn't pop at all off peak hours. So people try to get others to queue, can't blame them for that and I don't see what is toxic about it. I am a casual pvper and played since a bit before f2p-launch, and even though I'm by no way pro I have been welcomed into guilds on former pvp server Luminai and then on Jabbit. Lots of friendly players that have been helping out. I can only say warm things about pvp community, at least on EU dominion side. I don't know if exile is having worse behaviour, but generally it also feels like exile has less pvp players and could perhaps be because they are not as warm and welcoming as dominion? However, if asking for people to queue for bgs means being toxic... I don't know what to say to that :P In other games I see people spamming for guild members and looking for raid members and even if I'm not interested in participating I sure wouldn't say they behaved in any toxic way :P
    Its not asking people to que that is toxic.

When people go "Que for bgs, help the Wildstar economy and get free money even for losing" It's fine.

I am talking abut the people who go like

Nexus: QUE FOR BGS: MAKE NEXUS GREAT AGAIN
    Nexus: QUE FOR BGS: MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN

Like 5 times in the span of thirty seconds, then when people ask them to stop. You occasionally get the ones who argue back as if spamming is acceptable just because it's pvp.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Its not asking people to que that is toxic.

When people go "Que for bgs, help the Wildstar economy and get free money even for losing" It's fine.

I am talking abut the people who go like

Nexus: QUE FOR BGS: MAKE NEXUS GREAT AGAIN

Like 5 times in the span of thirty seconds, then when people ask them to stop. You occasionally get the ones who argue back as if spamming is acceptable just because it's pvp.
    It's basically plugging at this point. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Did you make that account just to defend Wildstar on a mostly dead thread? Or what was the motivation there.
    I didn't know there was a Wildstar thread. So I am here now to simply post news or insight regarding the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Did ministabber get banned and made a new account as wildbark?
    I can assure you I am not ministabber.
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

I didn't know there was a Wildstar thread. So I am here now to simply post news or insight regarding the game.
    Only impression I get from you is a negative one, of desperation. Some of the most shameless, unintelligent shilling I've seen in a long time. You'd do more positive for the game by not posting than the other way around. If somebody was paying you, whatever they were paying you they should be paying you less. A lot less.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will know if mini is still around the next time any sort of content patch is released for WS because mini will be in this thread five seconds later posting about it in a totally not-a-paid-Carbine-PR-shill sort of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar community is the worst I ever seen in many years and many MMOs I played. I'm 31, my first MMO experience was when I was like 16, over these years I probably tried at least 10 different MMOs for at least some time and I never seen anything so terrible as Wildstar community.

It is a literal cesspool. The game is passable for F2P, there are things they did right (the whole 2 of them out of dozen of literal fuckups and trainwrecks), but the community is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Wildstar community is the worst I ever seen in many years and many MMOs I played. I'm 31, my first MMO experience was when I was like 16, over these years I probably tried at least 10 different MMOs for at least some time and I never seen anything so terrible as Wildstar community.

It is a literal cesspool. The game is passable for F2P, there are things they did right (the whole 2 of them out of dozen of literal fuckups and trainwrecks), but the community is atrocious.
    I actually went on the official forums recently and there was a thread about the earning report and like the 2nd post was a guy blaming the community saying they just needs to buy more off the shop
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I did participate in Open beta, logged in ->starting zone 15 fps no matter low or ultra -> exit , uninstall. Don't wasting time on unfinished games with bad engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

In what way is the community doing poorly now?

When launch happened, I quit due to the community. It was pretty bad, and the RP community in particular was endless drama/backstabbing/rumor mills. Seriously, just felt terrible. Some of my friends don't even wish to try the game again due to the way they were treated around launch time.

I returned about a month or so ago and have found it to be much improved. Most of the negative people have vanished from the RP community, the worst I've seen are the people obsessed with themselves and use other players to fish for compliments. The PvE community is pretty cool. Got to do a tiny bit of raiding with a group willing to take me and teach me the ropes, despite being undergeared compared to people who have played regularly. Haven't touched PvP though, just never been my cup of tea in any game really.

Mind you, this is coming from someone on the US server. No idea how EU is, though our RP community has quite a few EU players.

I'm not saying the community is perfect either. Obviously there are still trolls, and I'm sure there's quite a few people you find on any MMO that treat everyone like trash. And I'm sure I would run into those people if the queue times for Adventures/Dungeons didn't take 1-2 hours. Unlike other games, like WoW, where I can meet 4 new people every 30 minutes(including dungeon run time) by queueing for random heroics.

----------

As for the forum community though. Well, MMO forum communities are filled with negativity and become cesspools. I hate the forums on WoW, hate it on Wildstar, hate it on TSW, etc.

It's just the type of people that frequent those forums. Not many go to a forum to say how they like something, generally it is to report issues or complain about something they dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarox View Post
    I did participate in Open beta, logged in ->starting zone 15 fps no matter low or ultra -> exit , uninstall. Don't wasting time on unfinished games with bad engine.
    It isn't perfect, but they have improved most of the optimization issues. I had similar problems where I hovered at 20 fps. I'm normally at 50-59 now, capping my frames at 60.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2016-11-29 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    You will know if mini is still around the next time any sort of content patch is released for WS because mini will be in this thread five seconds later posting about it in a totally not-a-paid-Carbine-PR-shill sort of way.
    Wait what ? Like the best Christmas event in any MMO ( following the best Halloween event ) is about to start ?

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Wait what ? Like the best Christmas event in any MMO ( following the best Halloween event ) is about to start ?
    And here we go again. Also sorry no. Mad king event in Guild Wars 2 is way better when it comes to Halloween but ofc matter of opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    So wait, you're judging an entire game because of how its open beta was? Words cannot describe how hard I just facepalmed

I agree with Wildstar having the best events aswell. Winterfest and Shade's Eve are the best things ever.
    Considering the launch after was messy and the optimisation was pisspoor he kind of has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Seeing as he's basing it on "open beta" i'd say he doesn't
    Well considering the optimisation issues came over from Open Beta or the majority of them at least he kind of does. But going into anything else such as final bugs yeah no way I agree. My point is there was barely any optimisation done between Open Beta and launch so even the best pcs ended up running it like garbage. Btw Wildstar isn't a bad game it's just the way it was handled was. It actually has a decent housing system for one thing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 02:11 PM.