10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Please do.
    lol
    Ze game will use kinect to check if you're the user, if not you'll have to pay money! Bwahaha~! Just cause zito likes kinect.

Just cause zito likes kinect.
    Kinect had it's chance. Then it released Micheal jacksons just dance revolution.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Curious but I believe they are no longer sub based. Meaning they are no longer successful according to your definition of Sub = success
    They aren't sub based simply because they aren't that good. SWTOR was sub based, failed miserably then went F2P (or whatever model they use now). The payment method isn't what makes or breaks a game.

And with that, time to go.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might as well reveal the business model specifics at this point

lol
    I call BS. *slaps with glove* >.>
    BAD WOLF

Then edge will delete it and injure internet harm on me

>.>
    <.<

she is watching...
    Fine, PM me it and I will say "I read on the internet that this is what the model is"
    :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    They aren't sub based simply because they aren't that good. SWTOR was sub based, failed miserably then went F2P (or whatever model they use now). The payment method isn't what makes or breaks a game.
    Again, if only bad games go F2P, then 97% of mmos are "bad" and thus you probably aren't that into MMOs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinect had it's chance. Then it released Micheal jacksons just dance revolution.

/facepalm
    How dare you to bash michael jacksons just dance game! and spell michael wrong! You sire are a villian and a scoundrel!

Now tell me the business model now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Then you need to rework your definition of sub based = success.

Which is it? Sub based mmo's are successful or were successful when they were a sub?

I call BS.

Now tell me the business model now.
    Only if edge says it's ok...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, I'll tell them:

Wildstar will use the innovative idea of requiring monthly blood donations to the Carbine blood bank in order to play their game, otherwise donation of your firstborn will grant you lifetime access, other requirements will unlock specific terms of access.

1 month: 1 pint of blood
    6 months: DNA samples for scientific research
    12 months: Combination of feeding the homeless, caring for orphans, and cleaning your community
    5 years: 1 organ donation to a qualifying recipient.
    etc
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-06-18 at 05:01 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon Edge... throw us a bone here! We're starved for information on this game (well maybe not some of us... cough * Kitty * cough). let the man speak for the love of _______ (insert deity of choice in the blank).

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    C'mon Edge... throw us a bone here! We're starved for information on this game (well maybe not some of us... cough * Kitty * cough). let the man speak for the love of _______ (insert deity of choice in the blank).
    NDA's and all that jazz.

Remember though, linking to the WildStar Reddit front page isn't breaking the NDA. Just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know just as little as everyone else here. Please keep your germs! We're all members of that elite No Beta Club. All of us. Yep.
    BAD WOLF

Spellslinger looks bad in that wildstar pvp gameplay video or atleast the guy playing it made it look that way

The only deity to choose in this case is mechashiva

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I know just as little as everyone else here. Please keep your germs! We're all members of that elite No Beta Club. All of us. Yep.
    Well shame on me then Kitty. I do apologize for any misinterpretations I may have gleaned from any of your previous posts. Or as the kids say these days "my bad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    NDA's and all that jazz.

Remember though, linking to the WildStar Reddit front page isn't breaking the NDA. Just sayin.
    Cant find anything on the first page of reddit! :C

So from what I have read of the last few pages that the only P2P games worth mentioning at the moment are WoW and EVE, did I understand this correctly?
    I to be honest don't like the F2P model at all, mind you that is the pre-Rift model, from what I understand the things you can purchase there don't affect end game at all.

From my point of view I would love Wildstar to have a P2P model at the start, if it is a game changer (I won't ever say @@@ killer) then P2P is perfect yet that said if they can't get like a million plus subs then a move to a F2P model like Rift is now would be a good way to go.
    Starting out from a F2P model will not be as beneficial to Carbine in the long run, mind you this is just my opinion and could be very wrong.

Will I play this game, hell yes, they hooked me the moment I saw the housing vid, for me reason enough to give it a go.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

It's ok, I'll tell them:

Wildstar will use the innovative idea of requiring monthly blood donations to the Carbine blood bank in order to play their game, otherwise donation of your firstborn will grant you lifetime access, other requirements will unlock specific terms of access.

1 month: 1 pint of blood
    6 months: DNA samples for scientific research
    12 months: Combination of feeding the homeless, caring for orphans, and cleaning your community
    5 years: 1 organ donation to a qualifying recipient.
    etc
    LOL

I laughed so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    O.o

You poor thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to bring this back up, but I read this article that tries to defend the other stupid one and it comes across as just as inane. It's the most transparent attempt at validating someone else's writing that it makes itself and the other article look even worse. It's pretty disheartening to see someone feel the need to validate poor writing and job performance with an equally dismal showing. Especially when it's primary line of reasoning is to invalidate the opinions and interpretation of others.

Basically it equates to saying: "Sure people might write stupid things, but you should never, ever call them out on it because there's no point! You are idiots and you look stupid".

Massively has lost pretty much all credibility with me at this point. Seems like it's more important to be more important than your readers and teach them how to be proper sheep instead of being real.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...-like-wildsta/

PS: clearly this dude reads MMO champ. I hope he reads this and realizes he just wrote an entire article in order to defend hack writing and ineptitude. Way to follow suit like a champ.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 01:16 PM ----------

LOL

I laughed so hard.
    Hey...they are out to redefine the word hybrid. Free trade for all!
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-06-18 at 05:18 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    So from what I have read of the last few pages that the only P2P games worth mentioning at the moment are WoW and EVE, did I understand this correctly?
    It's more that they are the only ones left with large player bases. (And yes, I consider 384k (eve) large)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Well there are two WildStar subreddits like r/wildstar and r/wildstaronline.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:39 PM ----------

Sorry to bring this back up, but I read this article that tries to defend the other stupid one and it comes across as just as inane. It's the most transparent attempt at validating someone else's writing that it makes itself and the other article look even worse. It's pretty disheartening to see someone feel the need to validate poor writing and job performance with an equally dismal showing. Especially when it's primary line of reasoning is to invalidate the opinions and interpretation of others.

Basically it equates to saying: "Sure people might write stupid things, but you should never, ever call them out on it because there's no point! You are idiots and you look stupid".

Massively has lost pretty much all credibility with me at this point. Seems like it's more important to be more important than your readers and teach them how to be proper sheep instead of being real.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...-like-wildsta/

PS: clearly this dude reads MMO champ. I hope he reads this and realizes he just wrote an entire article in order to defend hack writing and ineptitude. Way to follow suit like a champ.
    While I like most of massively's articles, I am just not a fan of the Nexus Telegraph ones. I'm not a fan of most podcasts either. Guess I'm just not the blogging type.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:43 PM ----------

New patch notes incoming?

https://twitter.com/CRB_Scooter/stat...40590040535040

Another sign that CBT3 is near?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.