The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Personally I am looking forward to the whole housing thing. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I am curious if the choice between private or public is a on time permanent choice or if it is a setting you can switch between.
    Don't have a link, but pretty sure they said:
    - Can change when you like
    - can add anyone to visit permitions
    - can add anyone to modify permitions and they will get bonus rewards for 'tending your farm' (lol)
    - Can make public or private
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I must put trees everywhere!!

Hm can you put trees in a house?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm glad they are turning healing spells to telegraph. Let's hope they make the majority like that. Also Woot toggle mouse screen control! People are going to make add ons of it anyway so you might as well launch with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm glad they are turning healing spells to telegraph.
    I remember them saying early on that a large portion would be telegraphed and a lot of what wasn't would be things like pbaoe, people just overreacted when they mentioned tabbing and started smashing their faces into the desk while crying about Tera combat through their mangled teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    There will be people who will play Wildstar just for the housing alone.

It's a great social feature.

Maybe we won't have to deal with ERPers now since they will have their own ERP house or something.
    That would be hilarious though. There could be an exclusive ERP club

I won't care about MY house, but I will still do the activities there a little bit.
    I'm guessing ERP means electronic roleplayers rather than enterprise resource planning in this instance , I'll probably use my home as an afk/idle station mainly. Will be interesting to see what effect housing has on capital cities/endgame hubs, may need some good incentives for being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post

I'm guessing ERP means electronic roleplayers rather than enterprise resource planning in this instance ,
    hah, enterprise resource planning was my first thought when I read that

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing ERP means electronic
    Nope. Google the WoW server Moon Guard to find out all about what ERP is. Beware. What is seen cannot be unseen.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Nope. Google the WoW server Moon Guard to find out all about what ERP is. Beware. What is seen cannot be unseen.
    .. not what I was expecting . I laughed when google recommended 'wow what is erp in moon guard' by the time I had typed Moon Guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    ERP is Erotic Roleplay if I'm recalling the abbrev correctly. Basically RP with cyber. Even more than you get with the regular rp'ers of the perv variety. Yeah... No thank you.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    when google recommended 'wow what is erp in moon guard' by the time I had typed Moon Guard.
    I've never been there, nor do I want to, but it has grown out of myths and whispers into a legend. It's the largest RP server and really only for that reason. I can't reiterate enough how I have ZERO interest in that, which is why I warned you before you searched for it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I've never been there, nor do I want to, but it has grown out of myths and whispers into a legend. It's the largest RP server and really only for that reason. I can't reiterate enough how I have ZERO interest in that, which is why I warned you before you searched for it.
    Didn't see much, I just read the wiki page for it. I imagine it's mostly a large group of guys trying to 'chat up' another large group of guys who are pretending to be women.

in order to engage in some plug challenges
    Go on....

Now I’ve made mention of Expeditions in passing in a couple of places on the webz, but now I’d like to show you a picture of one. For the uninitiated, an Expedition is a type of plug that you can put on your property that connects to a scaled group instance. The one I have pictured below is the Graylight Grapplefest, a notorious fight club. In it the players are tasked with defeating foes inside the spotlights in order to get the maximum points per kill. Winners are awarded with Renown and unique housing trophies.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/media...expedition.png

I have one thing to say to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE

If your up for laughing, Jesse Cox and WoWcrendor did a RP series on Moon Guard and they ventured into Goldshire there on their first time trying the show.

Here was the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N58dH5FlpdU

On topic.

I like the combat style their going with. It reminds me of GW2 and MOBA games. Like a mix between them. Mostly GW2 though.
    I liked GW2's combat, I thought it was a good mix between "action" combat and hotkey mashing.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-07-12 at 05:01 PM.

the MOBA comparison is a good one. I know that the GW2 devs are big fans of them and a big influence on how they designed the combat. I wonder if the Wildstar devs have similar preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way while watching the targeting vid I saw this character; Is he/she a Human/Cassian or a Mechari?

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    By the way while watching the targeting vid I saw this character; Is he/she a Human/Cassian or a Mechari?

Cassian or Human. It's too short to be a mechari. I think the leg is just armor from the leg piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cassian or Human. It's too short to be a mechari. I think the leg is just armor from the leg piece.
    Could be a female Mordesh possibly maybe perhaps.

Rather impressed with the housing feature. When I first saw it mentioned I thought "Oh single room with a few customised features, no biggy" but the fact you get an entire large looking island all to yourself where you can craft, mine, grow crops, have portals and that's before you even go inside the house that gives you rested XP and has dynamic lighting options etc.. wow. And to be able to share that experience with friends? double wow.

It would also appear that guilds can meet at a guild house prior to raiding and can buff up on the guild island and do various things until they all jump into the portal and go raid. That alone is a very nice social feature.

The more I read and see about this game the more excited i'm getting. I just hope it's core game is good. Nice features like housing are great but the actual core game needs to be great too. But i'm quietly optimistic. I was also reassured to see housing appears to be something they want all players to have early in the game and not some unreachable wish list item that you have to farm for weeks to obtain. So your house effectively becomes your go to hub rather than cities in WoW.. although I hope cities are still popular in this game for hanging out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

Looks Mordesh to me, it's the only race that has mechanical limbs replacing their own. Seems the leg and arm are mechanical. If it's a player model, it's definitetly Mordesh.

Or maybe, just maybe we will be able to have cybernetic limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Looks Mordesh to me, it's the only race that has mechanical limbs replacing their own. Seems the leg and arm are mechanical. If it's a player model, it's definitetly Mordesh.
    Don't think it's a Mordesh, that's definitely a Human model, and they said every race will have a distinctive silhouette.
    Last edited by Eternal Champion; 2013-07-12 at 10:21 PM.