10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    What this already linked?
    Yup and discussed a couple pages back. But W* info is currently at a dryspell til they release anything new, so wouldnt hurt to repeat it for those that didnt catch it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    Yup and discussed a couple pages back. But W* info is currently at a dryspell til they release anything new, so wouldnt hurt to repeat it for those that didnt catch it the first time.
    Won't be anything new till Pax Seattle.

W*W have been very... dry... when giving us info about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna laugh my fucking ass off if people suddenly like kill quests again. I always hear people bitching about how they have to kill 10 of x monster, and it wouldn't surprise me if those same people are tricked into liking it just because the presentation is different.

I'm gonna laugh my fucking ass off if people suddenly like kill quests again. I always hear people bitching about how they have to kill 10 of x monster, and it wouldn't surprise me if those same people are tricked into liking it just because the presentation is different.
    A lot of people like anything as long as they can kill things during that thing

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't work in GW2 and it isn't the entire point with this system. This isn't just so that you are tricked in your kill quests, but so that instead of thinking about going down the grocery list on your own, you can organically and purposefully form groups and tackle quest objectives as you see fit.

Instead of killing 20 little guys, maybe you kill 5 elite guys. They all are weighted differently. I think this will be a key difference than how GW2 does things. Especially if they make creating groups as easy as Rift does it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    EQ2 and Rift both balance PvP/PvE this way, and neither one of those games has been able to achieve high levels of balance. Rift is so poorly balance the lead dev (Daglar) has stated multiple times that the game will never see arena PvP simply because it's far too difficult for them to balance around. Because all the classes were primarily designed with PvE in mind, that's how their abilities function. Even if they have separate damage/healing numbers in

TLDR: Yes, separating abilities into PvP/PvE functionality helps, but if classes are designed around PvE first, with PvP being a secondary motivation, then it's going to be far too difficult to achieve competitive levels of balance.
    Hmm.. I played Rift and I didn't even know PvE/PvP was balanced seperately... Then again, I never really played Rift serious and I avoid PvP like a plague in MMO's because it's always terrible.

Because all the classes were primarily designed with PvE in mind, that's how their abilities function. Even if they have separate damage/healing numbers in
    I think they should simply remove certain abilities that would prove to be too powerful in PvP.. Or maybe turn it in a GW2 like game (for pvp only), give them a set of 9 abilities and balance pvp around that. Far easier than having to balance x amount of classes which each have 25 abilities.

Then again, I don't really care how crap pvp is as I don't pvp anyway.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-08-12 at 11:00 AM.

The new quest design and grouping system will be the key features for all people while leveling. This is a huge responsibility to keep the players in the fun zone. I already like the idea to group and fight harder enemies to get profit. I also expect better random drops if fighting against stronger enemies out of behavior of other mmo. All together bringing back multiplayer aspect to the mmo genre!

*sign* I like it to let my imagination flow about that :P
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-08-12 at 11:36 AM.

Has any new information come up regarding the release of the game? I believe I heard them say 2013, but after looking at the scope of the game and the current state. I would imagine it is going to be 2014.

I have a feeling the "we want to encourage grouping while leveling!" idea is going to bite them in the ass in just a few short months after release if they're not careful. Once most players have already settled into their main classes at the level cap, the population in leveling areas is going to drop like a rock.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I have a feeling the "we want to encourage grouping while leveling!" idea is going to bite them in the ass in just a few short months after release if they're not careful. Once most players have already settled into their main classes at the level cap, the population in leveling areas is going to drop like a rock.
    Well, that's one of the many problems with "leveling".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Has any new information come up regarding the release of the game? I believe I heard them say 2013, but after looking at the scope of the game and the current state. I would imagine it is going to be 2014.
    ugh, wasn't it 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Didn't work in GW2 and it isn't the entire point with this system. This isn't just so that you are tricked in your kill quests, but so that instead of thinking about going down the grocery list on your own, you can organically and purposefully form groups and tackle quest objectives as you see fit.

Instead of killing 20 little guys, maybe you kill 5 elite guys. They all are weighted differently. I think this will be a key difference than how GW2 does things. Especially if they make creating groups as easy as Rift does it.
    You don't have to grind centaur to get your quest done, you can pick up stuff, rez people, etc.

Don't hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    No new information has come up. Basically its still "when its ready," though I think the chances of it being 2013 are slipping fast.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    No new information has come up. Basically its still "when its ready," though I think the chances of it being 2013 are slipping fast.
    They should make it Open Beta like Firefall then so the hype doesn't die out come Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    They should make it Open Beta like Firefall then so the hype doesn't die out come Blizzcon
    blizzcon can bring up nothing that would hurt W*, so *shrug*

Eh. There is no hype for Firefall (which is the way most of the community likes it).

Wildstar is going to have to worry about box sales which puts it in a completely different situation as firefall. They are going to want to sell at least twice the number of boxes as they will have players post launch (if not more).
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It has a lot of work cut out for it. It doesn't have the advantages that other games inherently have like ESO and EQN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Eh. There is no hype for Firefall (which is the way most of the community likes it).

Wildstar is going to have to worry about box sales which puts it in a completely different situation as firefall. They are going to want to sell at least twice the number of boxes as they will have players post launch (if not more).
    Why doesn't the community want hype for Firefall, is it because of the p2w elements

Why doesn't the community want hype for Firefall, is it because of the p2w elements
    Because of hype you get the shit storm like what happened after GW2 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because of hype you get the shit storm like what happened after GW2 was released.
    Was there a shit storm? maybe it's selective memory but I don't recall much of one.