10+ Year Old Account
    1NF4M0UZ made most of my case there will be 3 gear sets, if you so strongly believe carbine is spreading nonsense than there really isn't much to talk about is there because you're fall back argument will always be just that.

I'm not in that market of discussing for the sake of discussing i'm here to simply put forward ideas or explain things, what you call fact i call speculation and failed observations or selective observations.

I invited you to look up blizzard reasons as part of your argumentation was the more stats the harder the balance is nowhere did i imply that you said such thing, stop trying to make this discussion about you and not about the topic at hand.

So not going to continue this street with no end and nope not saying this to take the high ground i simply find it very uninteresting to continue such conversations.

@Bardarian, strikethrough is a PvE stat not a PvP stat. In any case last post of the day for me
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by 1NF4M0UZ View Post
    snip
    Dungeons still need Hit rating.

Its the same fucking progression system MMORPGs have been using since forever. They twisted their own words to make it sound like solo gets their own gear progression but its the same as its always been.

Quest to max level - get appropriate quest gear - do the 2 max level normal dungeons - get enough hit to do hard dungeons - get enough hit to do raid.

WoW does this, Rift does this, SWTOR does this. Almost everyone does this.

Solo/Small Group doesn't really need any stats other than the base stats to be effective. You'll need far less Strikethrough, Deflect Critical and Recovery than you would in raiding. This allows us to tune the solo gear to be more effective for soloing while lacking key stats necessary to raid.
    Its the standard gear treadmill since the last 10 years and then a new tier will come out and you will need more hit/deflect as it will drop better gear and blah blah blah. Carbine just sugar coated it and everyone is falling for it.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-11-17 at 10:43 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar needs to do Solo Progression right, if i'm gonna pay a sub to play it. The combat alone won't be enough to keep me interested. Every other competitor out there has all the other features. I love dungeon grouping, but there are many times when with 1 hour to play and you can't commit to anything serious, that solo progression would be nice. Its almost every other day for me. I understand Carbine can't cater to everyone, but i sure would hope so.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-11-17 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Wildstar needs to do Solo Progression right, if i'm gonna pay a sub to play it. The combat alone won't be enough to keep me interested. Every other competitor out there has all the other features. I love dungeon grouping, but there are many times when with 1 hour to play and you can't commit to anything serious, that solo progression would be nice. Its almost every other day for me. I understand Carbine can't cater to everyone, but i sure would hope so.
    You want solo content. Meaning end game for a solo player. Thats what everyone wants.

However solo progression is the same standard progression that MMO's have been using for the past 10 years. You don't see herioc raiders switching out their gear to lower their hit rating when they aren't raiding in WoW, Rift, TSW etc so you won't see that here.

Standard gear treadmill/ power progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also resubbed to WoW, the features in the patches 5.1-5.4 were convincing enough for me to return, along with the WoD reveal, which includes Housing. Also Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle/Heroic Scenarios allow me to get bit sized soloable/small group content which i can complete in days with little time to play. Its not Solo End Game as i'd love, but its something. It basically caters to my playstyle which i can apreciate. Wildstar needs to convince me that it is better basically. I'm sure they must have some stuff up their sleeves to show off.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-11-17 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I also resubbed to WoW, the features in the patches 5.1-5.4 were convincing enough for me to return, along with the WoD reveal, which includes Housing. Also Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle/Heroic Scenarios allow me to get bit sized soloable/small group content which i can complete in days with little time to play. Its not Solo End Game as i'd love, but its something. It basically caters to my playstyle which i can apreciate. Wildstar needs to convince me that it is better basically. I'm sure they must have some stuff up their sleeves to show off.
    They haven't revealed anything yet which is starting to worry me, but the beta cap is lvl 36 apparently so I guess there is nothing to see yet.

On a plus side look more housing vidoes!

Deleted
    What other MMO has good solo content? And how does it work?

10+ Year Old Account
    I half expected the Class (Re)reveal streams to be half about the class itself and half about how Housing is cool. They have proven me wrong. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dungeons still need Hit rating.

Its the same fucking progression system MMORPGs have been using since forever. They twisted their own words to make it sound like solo gets their own gear progression but its the same as its always been.

Quest to max level - get appropriate quest gear - do the 2 max level normal dungeons - get enough hit to do hard dungeons - get enough hit to do raid.

WoW does this, Rift does this, SWTOR does this. Almost everyone does this.

Its the standard gear treadmill since the last 10 years and then a new tier will come out and you will need more hit/deflect as it will drop better gear and blah blah blah. Carbine just sugar coated it and everyone is falling for it.
    Ok.. So what if dungeons need 2% hit rating and raids require 10%? Would that change the optimal itemization? You are biased as hell, instead of actually trying to think how they could make the system work and what kind of a tools they have in their disposal you have just made a decision to put blinders on and ignore everything that comes from the behind the flaps. You have decided that Carbine is evil, wants to deceive you and lie to you, and even if this would be the point you still have actually nothing to support your claims other than assumptions, opinions and ideas you have got with selective observations.

I shall join Acidbaron in the; I´ll let this one pass choir.

Quote Originally Posted by 1NF4M0UZ View Post
    Ok.. So what if dungeons need 2% hit rating and raids require 10%? Would that change the optimal itemization? You are biased as hell, instead of actually trying to think how they could make the system work and what kind of a tools they have in their disposal you have just made a decision to put blinders on and ignore everything that comes from the behind the flaps. You have decided that Carbine is evil, wants to deceive you and lie to you, and even if this would be the point you still have actually nothing to support your claims other than assumptions, opinions and ideas you have got with selective observations.

I shall join Acidbaron in the; I´ll let this one pass choir.
    Your assumption is that solo content gear and raid content gear have the same ratio of stat points ala GW2 which they do not.

You don't see Raiders in Rift, WoW or SWTOR switching out their gear to lower their own hit/exp rating when they go out and solo stuff even though the solo stuff doesn't require as much hit. Its the standard gear progression if you can't see that there is nothing to discuss further.

Your assumption is that solo content gear and raid content gear have the same ratio of stat points ala GW2 which they do not.

You don't see Raiders in Rift, WoW or SWTOR switching out their gear to lower their own hit/exp rating when they go out and solo stuff even though the solo stuff doesn't require as much hit. Its the standard gear progression if you can't see that there is nothing to discuss further.
    I don´t have any asumptions, I have speculations and pure imagination. You on the other hand have asumptions based on no information. We have so far seen total 4 seconds of raid material, yet you are already telling us how raid gear will drawf dungeon gear and be omnipotent like it has been in other games. Asumptions based on no data are just guesses, yet you come out in your wording like you are telling the absolute truth. Needless to say, you are undebateable.

I don´t have any asumptions, I have speculations and pure imagination
    Thats really no different from assumptions and I'm not assuming anything....

Deleted
    Thats really no different from assumptions and I'm not assuming anything....
    its totally different lol.. if youre not assuming anything then youre just whining for no reason.

because the game uses lots of stats (which you dont like) its not going to work or be balanced.. thats an assumption.

I really feel that the stats issue can be solved by
    1. having only a few stats types on an item
    2. having stats counter one another

I would not be surprised if we saw something like this

For stats in PvP.

Crit / Crit damage stalkers got you down? Time to stack a little bit of crit deflect.
    Deflect stacking healers taking forever to kill? Time to get some strikethrough.
    ect ect ect. So long as there is an answer to what other people are stacking, it should be okay (albiet gimmicky). I mean, this is exactly how they described their warplots balance, "Is your bracket filled with people using Ozengurt The Flayer raid boss summon? then counter them with bomb bots" (paraphrase)

edit: If not, then they won't have a consistent design philosophy when it comes to balance.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-18 at 12:59 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its totally different lol.. if youre not assuming anything then youre just whining for no reason.

because the game uses lots of stats (which you dont like) its not going to work or be balanced.. thats an assumption.
    I was talking about the gear treadmill in the terms of being accused of assumption.

But I know from experience +crit damage will never be balanced and usually becomes the go to stat. Will need to test how deflect crit will work though.

Does anyone want to see Wildstar implement a WoW vanilla/BC style resistance stat system? Like fire resistance gear for PVE.

I want to see that back, but most people hated it lol.

I was talking about the gear treadmill in the terms of being accused of assumption.

But I know from experience +crit damage will never be balanced and usually becomes the go to stat. Will need to test how deflect crit will work though.
    Honestly, depending on what gear choices you can make at end game, it might be a non issue. If you can counter crit chance with deflect crit then that will dramatically reduce the value of crit damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Does anyone want to see Wildstar implement a WoW vanilla/BC style resistance stat system? Like fire resistance gear for PVE.

GOOD THING I STOCKPILED MY COREHOUND LEATHER!!!

Yeah... No. :x
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I just get this vanilla/BC WoW vibe from Wildstar.

But I guess it's good to not have outdated mechanics I guess, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account

i want to see magic restistance in general, as is apparently planned. it always felt very weird to me that even the lightest of cloth pieces has baseline armor rating to reduce physical damage, yet to have noticeable resistance against even a single element, you'd need to sacrifice a ton of stats and get very specific items - if there are any at all.

i want one stat to reduce the damage of all magic in the same way that armor does. and i want that stat to be either something like "100 armor & 50 resistance on item A, and 50 armor & 100 resistance on item B" or simply as something that replaces secondary stats on gear, like crit or deflect. i'm assuming that is what they're going for.

if they have three different damage types (physical, magic and tech) each with their own resistance stat, then i hope they make it easily distinguishable which attack (of both npc and players) does which type.

There is way too many elemental attacks to do that with the already 18 other stats. PvP would be forever fucked.

There is Technology resistance though. 3 types of damage in the game. Melee, Magic, technology.