Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I felt like I was going to watch a saturday morning cartoon (in a good way).
    This!

I've got to say that I think they are pitching this just right; I really enjoyed that video and the general chord they are striking with regards to humour, content and art direction. Also quite excited about the implications of 'Contested' on the new 'Regions' page

But still the biggest draw for me is the fact that the entire world is seamless. It took me a long time to release how important this is for me personally in an MMO, and why I struggled with SW:TOR and GW2 (to a lesser extent).

wait... so the combat is free form and based on movement and stuff, does that mean its like real time action rpg esque? instead of wows stand there and press a kajillion buttons?

I MIGHT BE AWESOME AT THIS GAME @_@ finally all those years of playing kingdom hearts will pay off @_@

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 01:52 PM ----------

also im a bit confused, i was under the assumption there were multiple planets, is it just one big planet?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wait... so the combat is free form and based on movement and stuff, does that mean its like real time action rpg esque? instead of wows stand there and press a kajillion buttons?
    I imagine it will be similar to GW2's combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

also im a bit confused, i was under the assumption there were multiple planets, is it just one big planet?
    It's action-based so you're actively dodging the enemy telegraphs (attacks). In the beginning they give you a couple seconds to move but later on it gets to be less and less.

And yes, it's all one world. The two factions are fighting for the rights to all of the old Eldan technology, a high-tech species who meddled in everyone's shit then left mysteriously.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Hopefully B2P. Seems hardly anyone wants to pay a sub fee anymore.
    I'm sure they'll have a sub option at least, but it may not be required. Games can make quite a bit of cash from a decent shop these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    It's action-based so you're actively dodging the enemy telegraphs (attacks). In the beginning they give you a couple seconds to move but later on it gets to be less and less.

And yes, it's all one world. The two factions are fighting for the rights to all of the old Eldan technology, a high-tech species who meddled in everyone's shit then left mysteriously.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:17 PM ----------

I'm sure they'll have a sub option at least, but it may not be required. Games can make quite a bit of cash from a decent shop these days.
    SOUNDS AWESOME @_@ im pretty good at action rpgs, been slingin a keyblade pretty much meh whole lief @_@ WOOHOO
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I imagine it will be similar to GW2's combat.
    Probably for melee.
    Ranged will probably have to aim as well with some soft targeting assist. (like archer in tera)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I have to say that in general I'm glad that there is a trend of moving toward more active combat in mmos.

I have to say that in general I'm glad that there is a trend of moving toward more active combat in mmos.
    Agreed.
    going for hotkey/tab combat to action combat is like going from final fantasy 1 to LOZ: ocarina of time.

I have never seen this threath or this game.
    But it reminds me ALOT of ratched and clank games. the way the trailers are. and that housing corp
    (Atleast from ratched and clank 1/2/3. that i played)

Am i the only one who thinks it got the same vibe/feeling as it?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks it got the same vibe/feeling as it?
    You are not alone.

I should my wife this and she said the same thing.

(also, shes a jetforce gemini fan and she now is in love with firefall because of it.)

Updated OP with the vids and links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Updated OP with the vids and links.
    Thank you.

Anyone else checking their email, a lot, today?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Thank you.

Anyone else checking their email, a lot, today?
    Yes. /10char
    BAD WOLF

Love the raiding article. Good to see at least one studio is still catering to the hardcore (sorry kittyvicious).

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 05:22 PM ----------

After reading the update today about weekly leaderboards and and raids being something fresh each week, this definitely seems like a game that the devs intend you to play continually, sounds like you might be left behind if you don't. Elo decay they mentioned is another part of that. Considered that, I find it hard to believe the game will be anything other than p2p.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Considered that, I find it hard to believe the game will be anything other than p2p.
    Here we go again...

this has to be the 4th time in this thread where you intend to start a p2p arguement and why the game just can't be anything else but p2p because it's so good.

And then millions of people post examples (again) of games that are not p2p and doing extremely well

and then you ignore them again

and then 30 pages later you start this again.

There I just finished this debate by myself moving on to something that's not the p2p argument.....

WHERE IS MY GREMLIMS?

Don't really care what other games are doing, i'm looking at the way this game is designed and forming opinions around that.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

if this game is subscription based only, it's dead in the water

Deleted
    if this game is subscription based only, it's dead in the water
    it wont be.. but anyway lets move along until its announced.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Don't really care what other games are doing, i'm looking at the way this game is designed and forming opinions around that.
    It looks to me that they will probably sell monthly content packs piece meal or offer a subscription.
    IE: you can buy a magazine at your local gas station for 8 dollars. Or, you can subscribe for that magazine at about 6 dollars an issue.

I can see it now, "Journey pack 1: Quest with your friends in blah blah blah" and "Crystal castle (40man): Raid with your friends in blah blah blah"
    Or subscribe and rent to the content.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Love the raiding article. Good to see at least one studio is still catering to the hardcore (sorry kittyvicious).
    Whilst I do like the fact that they intend to supply challenging content for the hardcore, I can't help but get the feeling from your post that you think this will be at the expense of casual players rather than as simply an additional offering. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Let's not over look the fact that they specifically went out of their way to distinguish raiding as only 'an endgame'. They seem to be saying that there is going to be plenty of content for non-hardcore people, which is fine by me (over the years I've had to transition away from 'hardcore' to a less consistent playstyle, but I still dabble etc.).

On sub models: would the sort of system The Secret World has appeal? I've not tried it myself, but I'm fine with buy to play (forever), but sub for the ideal experience should I deem the game merits it. I'll be honest though I've not devoted a lot of time to thinking about this, so willing to be swayed by a solid argument - I liked Kittyvicious's F2P, B2P and Sub description a few pages back.

Somehow sank a bottle of wine, so before I start rambling: I'm quietly optimistic about this. I've been burnt by numerous MMOs in the past, but really like the look of Wildstar and the way they are pitching it with regards to humour, art direction, and their rhetoric when it comes to content, which isn't as cringeworthy, buzz-wordy, neo-corporate-orgasmic, terri-bad as we are often subjected to by some poor devs, who are presumably being coerced by the threat of rectal trauma administered by mephistopheles's evil conjoined twin, wearing in a pin-stripped suit made from whale oil and children's tears.
    Last edited by Dagzter; 2013-03-20 at 10:56 PM.