Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I was watching an Engineer using 1-2 all the way to level 14, only getting four skills if I'm not misstaken, and from the looks of it, you only have eight skills? It just feels like it took WoW, and listened to the random ideas of the loud players and tried to make a game out of it.
    I suppose one argument they might make is while there may be a lower number of abilities compared to perhaps WoW.. they'd like to think their abilities may require more skill and thought to execute well. For example the idea of single target attacks is pretty much non existent in Wildstar. It's all about directed AOE abilities. I think the idea of single target spells will feel really old and dated after people play Wildstar for a while.

There are very few targeted abilities (where you have to have the target selected). Almost everything is directional (hence the telegraphs).

10+ Year Old Account
    So been watching Towelliees stream, and I have a few questions, cause honestly, I really don't see the hype in this game.

- Does the whole faction share the same starting zone?
    - Is there a way to do those instanced quests in a group? Don't understand why everyone is having these things, they are really not fun, rare items should be for those hard quests, longass quest chains or dungeons, not something you solo. This is an MMO, why everyone keeps introducing solo content is beyond me.
    - Carbine have apparently stated that raiding is for that 1%. What is the endgame then? And please don't tell me it's PvP. Also 40man raiding for that 1%, lol ok GL.
    - Is every ability really cleave? Cause that's just...
    - Was addons allowed in this game? Cause damn that UI is...
    - Other than housing, what exactly does this game offer compared to other MMO's?

The graphics of the game look great, I love the cartoonish graphics, but honestly, the gameplay just feels... Wrong. The introduction to the game is beyond crap. I was watching an Engineer using 1-2 all the way to level 14, only getting four skills if I'm not misstaken, and from the looks of it, you only have eight skills? It just feels like it took WoW, and listened to the random ideas of the loud players and tried to make a game out of it.
    You should really finish your sentences before moving on to the next one, it just feels...

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You should really finish your sentences before moving on to the next one, it just feels...
    Yeah... It kind of... You know...

So is this NDA lifted for this game or not? So confused. All of a sudden I saw three streams pop up this morning playing the game....don't know if they were reacting to Towelliee's stream, or if they were included under the umbrella of "press NDA"...which may have been lifted?

the NDA is not lifted for the players, only for the press and selected streamers

Didn't know there were dense enough people to not understand what the ... would mean. Instead of going on a personal attack cause I don't see the game that has you fuming, you'd instead explain why it has you fuming.

Didn't know there were dense enough people to not understand what the ... would mean. Instead of going on a personal attack cause I don't see the game that has you fuming, you'd instead explain why it has you fuming.
    Gets super defensive and calls people dense.

Accuses them of fuming.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

I really dont like that most of the skills are just aoe telegraphs. It just feels stupid to use a cone/aoe attack for singletarget dmg all the time.
    Also no real target focus in raid?

This style limits boss design by alot.

Also saw a medic video. I really hope the other healers feel like real healers. With directed heals and not again this telegraph spamming.
    Using telegraphs for most of your healing is no real healing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    The question what it offers has each one to answer themself. For me its rotating bossmechanics every week for all the raids.
    What? Boss abilities will be randomized?
    I must admit its nice idea. At first I was thinking what a crap. It was probably the only one not f2p MMO that I was not interested in. But the more I read and watch (I did not follow this game at all so I basically dont know much) the more I think "I would like to try this game".
    The number 1 for me atm are 40 man raids. I really would like to see some epic battles with so many people around (did not ask my computer yet tho if he wanna too).

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, how was that personal? is it an illness or something?

Second, how the hell should people understand what a "..." mean? to many people it could mean many things, if you want to express a concern, or a quirk, then you should expand on it, instead of assuming other people to understand those three dots, because those three dots can be replaced with "Cause that's just awesome, man!" to somebody else, like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    I really dont like that most of the skills are just aoe telegraphs. It just feels stupid to use a cone/aoe attack for singletarget dmg all the time.
    Also no real target focus in raid?

This style limits boss design by alot.

Also saw a medic video. I really hope the other healers feel like real healers. With directed heals and not again this telegraph spamming.
    I would highly suggest you go over to www.wildstar-online.com and take a look at the class page. Every single one of these questions/concerns are answered there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post

Oh, so spamming 2 numbers while standing still is so much better than to actually move around the field and positioning yourself to your (multiple) healing targets.

well some people just prefer different combat systems

I really like this trend of more action style combat but I'm sure there are others that prefer the dice roll targeted combat.

Ugh Towelliee is so annoying to watch sometimes; anyways I like how Wildstar has the same combat system as Neverwinter more or less. But from what I've seen, I think Neverwinter did it better; but perhaps that will change in the later levels.

The class abilities just seem really boring; all you do is spam damage, there aren't any fun abilities like blinks, leaps, rolls, flips, knock backs (but like I said that could change in the later levels idk)

Regarding the leveling it just looks like a huge grind and completely faceroll; most of the enemies die within 5 seconds which means that they don't have enough time to use their 1 ability ... if they even have one. And I doubt that their abilities do any significant damage even if you stand in them; it just seems really boring since there is no threat of dieing, which is never fun imo.

Also as much as I hate the graphics i'm not going to talk about that.

The game just doesn't seem like something that could be successful imo, but perhaps I will change my mind in the future when the NDA is lifted.

Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-12-14 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well some people just prefer different combat systems

I really like this trend of more action style combat but I'm sure there are others that prefer the dice roll targeted combat.
    I can understand different combat systems, but saying that spamming the same two spells while standing still is better than actually having to move around, being part of the action, and moving around different healing groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Ugh Towelliee is so annoying to watch sometimes; anyways I like how Wildstar has the same combat system as Neverwinter more or less. But from what I've seen, I think Neverwinter did it better; but perhaps that will change in the later levels.

The class abilities just seem really boring; all you do is spam damage, there aren't any fun abilities like blinks, leaps, rolls, flips, knock backs (but like I said that could change in the later levels idk)

Regarding the leveling it just looks like a huge grind and completely faceroll; most of the enemies die in less than 5 seconds which means they don't have enough time to use their 1 ability ... if they even have one. And I doubt that the regular enemies do any significant damage with their abilities even if you stand in them; it just seems really boring since no threat of dying is just never fun imo.

The game just doesn't seem like something that could be successful imo, but perhaps I will change my mind in the future when the NDA is lifted.
    You should watch some of the devspeak class videos. They show a lot of different abilities that might pique your interest.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/me...deos/devspeak/

Deleted
    So I see I'm the only one happy for a long leveling period?
    im fine with long leveling experiences aslong as its enjoyable.

Regarding the leveling it just looks like a huge grind and completely faceroll; most of the enemies die in less than 5 seconds which means they don't have enough time to use their 1 ability ... if they even have one. And I doubt that the regular enemies do any significant damage with their abilities even if you stand in them; it just seems really boring since no threat of dying is just never fun imo.
    I dont know if you play the game or only watch the stream. But if you only watch stream then I would suggest to hold on with difficulty judgement. Those are only 1-15lvl zones and in every MMO so far the first zones are faceroll.

Im concerned more about dungeons/raid difficulty than "leveling" mobs.

Deleted

Regarding the leveling it just looks like a huge grind and completely faceroll; most of the enemies die within 5 seconds which means that they don't have enough time to use their 1 ability ... if they even have one. And I doubt that their abilities do any significant damage even if you stand in them; it just seems really boring since there is no threat of dieing, which is never fun imo.

There are lots of "blinks, leaps, rolls, flips, knock backs" from every class. You are watching very low level combat, which is deliberately easy and they only have a small selection of abilities learned. Also the Devs have said that the TTK was reduced too low in the most recent patch, and will be fixed in the next patch.

The range of abilities and the difficulty of content increases significantly as you level, the time to kill is higher than other mmo's and you can expect to die a lot more than you would in any other mmo.

The real game content doesn't start to get harder to you are in the 15+ zones, and progresses the higher you go but I do wish they would make the starter zones harder to reflect the rest of the game.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-12-14 at 11:19 PM.