10+ Year Old Account
    ive already lost interest in the beta.. i dont like the races and i dont like the classes and its just another spam quests with the odd dungeon to level (i dont do pvp so thats not an option)

id like to say more but i cant because of the stupid nda

ofc i didnt get every class to atleast 20 for a more thorough check/look but im not doing the same starting area's 5 or 6 times to do so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    I'm sure you will have fun, but be careful posting things like this as it breaks the NDA you agreed to.
    um how everyone knows aurins exist in the game what else in that post risks breaking the nda?
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-02-16 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    What do you expect though? It's the leveling content, go play any single MMO out there and judge it on the first 15-20 levels they are all mediocre at that point.

Leveling is usually one of my favorite activities. A game has to be set up rather poorly for me to not enjoy it. A good example would be Tera post-45 where almost all quests are kill quests and TTK starts to increase substantially per level. Amazing combat gets old when all you're doing are killing things that take forever to die.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Leveling is usually one of my favorite activities. A game has to be set up rather poorly for me to not enjoy it. A good example would be Tera post-45 where almost all quests are kill quests and TTK starts to increase substantially per level. Amazing combat gets old when all you're doing are killing things that take forever to die.
    That is one fear I have for elder game content in Wildstar. I'm hoping it doesn't take several minutes to down regular ol' mobs at max level (or at least in the later parts of the game while trying to finish leveling) while trying to do dailies or something....because that would get old extremely fast. Would definitely keep me from leveling very many alts -_-. I'm hoping the Devs don't think that we want every mob encounter to be some long, drawn out, *epic* fight. Because it would be tedious, and anything BUT epic.

Sure, give us specific quests and/or boss mobs that require effort and coordination and time to kill, at least to keep some challenge for us....just don't make every run of the mill mob that way. Or I'll leave the open world/solo experience for good to do dungeoning, raiding, etc, etc as soon as I hit max level.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-02-16 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    ive already lost interest in the beta.. i dont like the races and i dont like the classes and its just another spam quests with the odd dungeon to level (i dont do pvp so thats not an option)
    That's fair enough. Wildstar is following a certain MMO blueprint and there are players out there who are simply tired of that blueprint, regardless of how it's presented to the player. It's one of the biggest challenges the game will face.. convincing players who have been playing this blueprint for the last 10 years to do so again in a new game. And IMHO the challenge is split into two halves. One, a good enough 1-50 journey and two, a good enough end game to convince people it's worth getting to 50. Lots of games have failed at least one of those two challenges.

Deleted

ofc i didnt get every class to atleast 20 for a more thorough check/look but im not doing the same starting area's 5 or 6 times to do so
    oh i thought aurin and humans had vastly different starting areas or do you mean picking the same race 5 times means they have the same starting area? maybe if someone did that... did you not even leave the spaceship lol?
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2014-02-16 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    oh i thought aurin and humans had vastly different starting areas or do you mean picking the same race 5 times means they have the same starting area? maybe if someone did that... did you not even leave the spaceship lol?
    i went with an aurin a chua and a cassian but only did the optional area and a bit of the one after every other race doesnt interest me and didnt like the classes the aurin could be so thats them out

cassian and exile human are the same ol' humans of most games i dont understand why both factions needed a humany race..

not a fan of the espers psychic mind using theme

Deleted
    i went with an aurin a chua and a cassian but only did the optional area and a bit of the one after every other race doesnt interest me and didnt like the classes the aurin could be so thats them out

cassian and exile human are the same ol' humans of most games i dont understand why both factions needed a humany race..

not a fan of the espers psychic mind using theme
    so what youre saying is that there are plenty of different starting areas but because you dont like certain class / race combos youre stuck with only a couple. fair enough.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All I can say is this:

Most of the complaints I've heard from people in this thread up to this point are pretty much unfounded. At least they are now anyway. That's all I'll say.
    All I can say is that subjective opinions don't need your validation to have their own merit. As such, your opinion in the matter being stated as a fact is wrong. That's all I'll say.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    All I can say is that subjective opinions don't need your validation to have their own merit. As such, your opinion in the matter being stated as a fact is wrong. That's all I'll say.
    Casually implying that none of the claims made by you were stated as facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Casually implying that none of the claims made by you were stated as facts.
    I haven't told anyone that their opinion of the game is wrong/I wouldn't be so bold as to try and discredit every single person of one opinion because of my isolated personal experience. If I have, then I was wrong then too. The actual fact of the matter is that many people have very similar complaints with the game. I'm not just assuming this as it is concrete and written on the internet for 'all' to see.
    BAD WOLF

- - - Updated - - -

um how everyone knows aurins exist in the game what else in that post risks breaking the nda?
    Because just like you are doing here....you are stating that you are in the Beta, and that alone is breaking the NDA. I wasn't trying to be rude to the person, just attempting to stop them from getting an actual Mod upset with them.

Deleted
    well after watching someone stream with no nameplates and then watching someone running BijiPlates.. massive difference lol

so what youre saying is that there are plenty of different starting areas but because you dont like certain class / race combos youre stuck with only a couple. fair enough.
    There actually seems to be 2 starting areas for both factions, and while your race will lean you to one or the other, you can still go to whichever one you want.

well after watching someone stream with no nameplates and then watching someone running BijiPlates.. massive difference lol
    What does BijiPlates do?

Deleted
    What does BijiPlates do?
    more options, different font, can turn friendly npc nameplates off while keeping friendly players up etc. small tweaks while making a big difference imo.

more options, different font, can turn friendly npc nameplates off while keeping friendly players up etc. small tweaks while making a big difference imo.
    Sounds like it may be useful. A lot of the stuff I've watched makes it seem like nameplates don't work well on their own in-game currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it may be useful. A lot of the stuff I've watched makes it seem like nameplates don't work well on their own in-game currently.
    Like all Bethesda games, users are going to save a lot of the core issues with the game. I love that they have such a robust system, but there are some things that seem as if they didn't even try because they expect addons to cover those bases. Blizzard can be held accountable for similar acts over the years, but as a new game it's kinda sucky.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know if you can go to all or wether its race specific like i said i didnt make 8 characters to try and im not going to

you fucking do it if you care so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Like all Bethesda games, users are going to save a lot of the core issues with the game. I love that they have such a robust system, but there are some things that seem as if they didn't even try because they expect addons to cover those bases. Blizzard can be held accountable for similar acts over the years, but as a new game it's kinda sucky.
    So true.

WACC is still superior to deadlock and deadlock extended. Sort of mind blowing >_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -