Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    Also that they give you your housing plot a level before you can have a mount, I obviously wouldn't have spent a dime on housing if I'd known I wasn't going to have enough for a mount.
    Housing always seemed like a late(r) game 'activity' to me because it's so costly. There really isn't much you can do with it at the time you get it, but having the teleport to it at level 14 is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm the kind of person that likes to just have a bunch of quests and then run down the list and get em done..move on to next quest hub, rinse, repeat. And Explorer seriously screws that up...
    Yes, I'm exactly the same way, very systematic with my questing. While I do usually enjoy exploring, I don't in the way that Wildstar presents it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Or they could just, you know, not have grey vendor items.
    They really do have a ridiculous amount of vendor trash that drops. They could easily cut it in half (at least) and just bump up the values of the remaining grey items, but I'm assuming it's the way it is on purpose.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You guys are asking for just too many convenient features
    This just in: asking for them to limit the types of grey items so that your bags aren't unnecessarily cluttered is now 'asking for too many convenient features'. BIg ole one of these to that ->
    BAD WOLF

You do realize that they had to ADD grey items to their game, right?
    They invested dev time in creating extra items which only has one use, to vendor of currency... when the mobs already drop currency.

They spent time and money making their bag system inconvenient.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Or...
    /tinfoil
    This is so players have a motivation to buy large bags from a future cash shop.
    or you level to max and have bigger bags then you ever did back in vanilla or tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    or you level to max and have bigger bags then you ever did back in vanilla or tbc.
    I really don't think comparing a 2014 MMO to one from 7-10 years ago is a good thing, maybe it's just me...
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I really don't think comparing a 2014 MMO to one from 7-10 years ago is a good thing, maybe it's just me...
    Like I am the only one...................
    And lets be fair here you get bigger bags period, and even if you had 10x 100 slot bags people will still bitch that they are not big enough and they need more bag space.
    You can get at least 20 slot bags that I know of in WS and they allow you to stack to 100-250 of crafting items, I know in GW2 they do it different but Carbine is doing it their way in WS and I am not complaining.
    Oh and crafting mats go into a different bag type then your regular bags so they did separate that which is useful.

Deleted
    How can there be too many convenient features? What's the point for a game to be inconvenient? I want a game to be challenging and engaging, to require me to think and plan my moves, to reward me for my effort and skill and ultimately simply to be fun. Things like vendor trash and expansive low level mounts just make me waste time doing something that isn't fun/hard/interesting just for the sake of delaying my progress so I end up playing (and paying) more.

IMO a game should aim to make me feel like I'm investing my time instead of making me feel like I'm wasting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aren't all abilities supposed to have different animations? I think the idea is when you learn what different abilities look like from the different calsses knowing when what they are casting is a stun will get easier.
    that might work in something like a coordinated 3v3, but not in large fights with up to 80 (?) people in a zone.

a far more detailed customization of telegraphs is something i really hope to see -- possibly through addons. being able to customize opacity and color (and possibly additional effects like flashing or different borders) either for each individual ability or for a number of logical groups (like "absorb", "hot", ">123 damage", "cc", "gap closer", "single target", "projectile", etc) could make a HUGE difference for situational awareness, both in raids and pvp. at least for those who are willing to invest some time in setting it up properly and getting used to different effects.

animations can help with that to a degree, but they get lost easily in big fights (and you can't customize them in any way, to highlight the important ones) and can't really be put into easy-to-spot groups, like the example of the purple telegraphs for all stuns, or cc effects in general.

i very much doubt carbine will develop a system with as detailed customization options as i would like to see, but i'm hoping they at least give addon authors the tools to properly implement something like it into the existing system.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    How can there be too many convenient features? What's the point for a game to be inconvenient? I want a game to be challenging and engaging, to require me to think and plan my moves, to reward me for my effort and skill and ultimately simply to be fun. Things like vendor trash and expansive low level mounts just make me waste time doing something that isn't fun/hard/interesting just for the sake of delaying my progress so I end up playing (and paying) more.

IMO a game should aim to make me feel like I'm investing my time instead of making me feel like I'm wasting it.
    Well said.

I understand there's a fine line between QoL design choices and things that impede the vision the devs have for the game. Most of us are too versed in the little tricks MMO devs use to create the illusion of depth and to stretch out content. I want a game that's challenges my skill not my ability to deal with time sinks.

i got to play this weekend, and i very much enjoyed it. super cute game imo. a little dark though, honestly... darker than i expected. but still, really cute aurins sold me. i'd like to play this, but it seems my computer can't handle it well and i have shit fps on it. i won't play a game on low settings, so i guess i'll just have to pick this up if i ever get a new computer or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i got to play this weekend, and i very much enjoyed it. super cute game imo. a little dark though, honestly... darker than i expected. but still, really cute aurins sold me. i'd like to play this, but it seems my computer can't handle it well and i have shit fps on it. i won't play a game on low settings, so i guess i'll just have to pick this up if i ever get a new computer or something.
    The game is poorly optimised right now, something they've pledged to be working on right now.

For instance on my mid range PC, the game ran perfectly. My friend? Super brand new shiny PC with graphics card? FPS drops alllll over the place, on any setting.

Some people just got lucky and their setup matched the specs currently used for stability.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

ah, then i hope it has a trial. i'll want to try again after they get the optimization going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

They were having lag issues all weekend. I saw a lot of people say it was un-playable. Personally I didn't experience anything too bad, and it was pretty rare. However they were on top of it and incredibly helpful. The customer service is already pretty awesome, I was really impressed.

It's only beta, the servers are going to have problems. I am pretty confident they will sort all of that out by launch.

Only in MMOs. Where the best PC components perform more poorly than mid range components.

Let me guess, Wildstar depends on the CPU more than graphics card? Typical. This is a disadvantage to anyone who don't have 10 year old shit boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Only in MMOs. Where the best PC components perform more poorly than mid range components.

Let me guess, Wildstar depends on the CPU more than graphics card? Typical. This is a disadvantage to anyone who don't have 10 year old shit boxes.
    What? Disadvantage? Are you suggesting that a crappy old CPU will perform better than a current one?

Just OC your CPU. I was getting 60 FPS on high at 2560x1600 all weekend. My i7 is OC'd to 4.4 GHZ and handles all these games like a dream.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2014-03-25 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Still waiting for a new MMO to do that. It's quite telling that the genre is afraid people will lose desire to play if they don't have a psychologically compelling number over your head to keep going. That and the inability to develop a proper and fully fleshed out end game at launch. Just makes me wonder why they don't spend years developing end game and less time worrying about leveling. Essentially tuning could make 90% of the game 'end game' and yet they just don't do it. What is the reason for marginalizing your content that took you 6+ years to develop. It makes no logical sense.
    I agree completely. So far no MMO developer has the courage to break away from the boring convention of quests and levels and level specific zones and endless gear upgrades and leveling grinds and time sinks.

I think a great many players are tired of it. I know I am. I NEVER want to spend huge amounts of time "leveling" a character. And it's a incredibly inefficient use of resources. All the leveling zones basically drop out of the game once players level past them. All the leveling gear is just abandoned.

When a soldier goes off to war they give him a rifle and he is a private and pretty much low skill. But he still fights in the same war as the grizzled old master Sargent with a tommy-gun and a bunch of grenades hanging off his belt. The private doesn't slowly work his way up to the main war by "leveling" through starter wars or low level wars with other privates. Extreme level segmentation and a long leveling grind in MMOs is simply boring.

Some of these tired old MMO conventions really need to fade away. But nobody seems to have the guts to try anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    What? Disadvantage?

Just OC your CPU. I was getting 60 FPS on high at 2560x1600 all weekend. My i7 is OC'd to 4.4 GHZ and handles all these games like a dream.
    Difference is you don't need to go over 60fps. I do.

I use a 120hz monitor and need at least 90+ fps. There's no reason in the world why a 2700k 4.9Ghz GTX 780 ti cannot reach that in most MMO's, which are mostly not graphically impressive.
    Optimization is always a big issue in all MMO's for whatever reason.

In WoW I have to turn down view distance and shadows to achieve that. But still I get big framerate drops below 60 in a lot of instances.
    GW2, it's impossible to achieve any constant framerate over 80 in most areas. Worst offender.
    I can easily name 5 others in great detail on how bad they are at optimization.

This is all in 1080p. Not using any extremely demanding resolution.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-03-25 at 03:12 AM.

Difference is you don't need to go over 60fps. I do.

I use a 120hz monitor and need at least 90+ fps. There's no reason in the world why a 2700k 4.9Ghz GTX 780 ti cannot reach that in most MMO's, which are mostly not graphically impressive.
    Optimization is always a big issue in all MMO's for whatever reason.

In WoW I have to turn down view distance and shadows to achieve that. But still I get big framerate drops below 60 in a lot of instances.
    GW2, it's impossible to achieve any constant framerate over 80 in most areas. Worst offender.

There's every reason in the world because gaming doesn't only revolve around your GPU choice. What CPU are you using? If you have an i5 that's likely your issue.

If I run at 1920x1080 (which I assume you do since you say you run at 120HZ) I can easily get over 90 FPS in most MMO's. I didn't try it with Wildstar but I will next time. I run on a graphics monitor which caps at 60Hz since it's 2560x1600. I see noticeable FPS improvement as I OC my CPU.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2014-03-25 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    What CPU? If you have an i5 that's your issue.

If I run at 1920x1080 (which I assume you do since you say you run at 120HZ) I can easily get over 90 FPS in most MMO's. I didn't try it with Wildstar but I will next time. I run on a graphics monitor which caps at 60Hz since it's 2560x1600.
    A 2700k is an i7. Hyperthreading doesn't do much of anything in games, especially MMO's.

It just bothers me immensely when I'm forced to turn down settings because a game is not optimized.

A 2700k is an i7. Hyperthreading doesn't do much of anything in games, especially MMO's.

It just bothers me immensely when I'm forced to turn down settings because a game is not optimized.
    Sorry..glossed over that......been arguing with a co-worker about his i5 setup so I have that on the brain.

I don't know what your issue was then. I have almost the same setup as you describe except I'm only at 4.4Ghz on my CPU and like I said I was getting 60 on Max at 2560x1600 so I'd imagine dropping down to almost half the pixels would boost me well over 90. (Again making the assumption you're playing at 1920x1080). OC'ing my GPU seemed to net almost no change in FPS.

I'll have to test it next Beta Weekend. Maybe the game is capped at 60 FPS for some reason. What framerate were you getting?
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2014-03-25 at 03:36 AM.